FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

chmod problems

mikelll
I have a joomla site but now I cant change to 777 the configuration.php file! how do I do this?
Bondings
mikelll wrote:
I have a joomla site but now I cant change to 777 the configuration.php file! how do I do this?

Please try to do it in DirectAdmin. It should normally work. Although, are you sure it needs to be 777?
mikelll
Bondings wrote:
mikelll wrote:

Please try to do it in DirectAdmin. It should normally work. Although, are you sure it needs to be 777?

in directadmin it apears has owned by apache! So now I cant edit this file....
Bondings
mikelll wrote:
Bondings wrote:
mikelll wrote:

There should be an option to reset it to your ownership in the file manager. Use that and you should (normally) be able to chmod it.
mikelll
I think I resolved it...changed the name of the file and uploaded a new version of it
mikelll
Bondings wrote:
mikelll wrote:
Bondings wrote:
mikelll wrote:

There should be an option to reset it to your ownership in the file manager. Use that and you should (normally) be able to chmod it.

if I do like you tell I get this message:

An error occured while resetting the file ownership
mikelll
the problem is that every time I need to change a featuro on my joomla site, example the title, I get this message:

Code:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pt-tech.frihost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at pt-tech.frihost.org Port 80