FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I see all features of free hosting plan ?

mkaand
Actually I need free php hosting with MySQL support. I want to use this script http://www.milliscripts.com/

is this possible ?

Requirements to run milliscripts Redirection 1.4

# php 4 - php 4.1 or greater!!!
# mySQL
# wildcarded DNS (ask your webspaceprovider)
# the ability to place .htaccess files in your web root
# and of course: 1 or more domains

That's all!
Bondings
We don't have wildcarded DNS. And the script you mention is not allowed. We do not allow our hosting to be used to provide free/paid hosting.
mkaand
Actually this script is not for paid/free hosting. This script for URL Forwarding service. I want to sell yourname.domain.org URL redirection service. Your hosting plans are not for commercial right ? I am not talking about selling hosting. I am talking about selling URL Forward services.
Bondings
Sorry but that's also not allowed.
mkaand
Thats ok. I found another php script but it doesnt work or I cant install. I have not any knowledge about php. I have mssql and asp knowledge. I am trying to learn php with free hosts. I will be active in this and other forums. Maybe I can deserve hosting LOL Smile
mkaand
Does your server supports wildcards ? I mean if i get a subdomain from your server wildcard will work ?

http://customprogramming.net/app/wildcards
Bondings
No we intentionally do not support them since pretty much all uses of wildcards are against our TOS.

We do not allow on the hosting accounts:
-free/paid hosting services
-blog/forum/wiki/whatever hosting
-url redirection services
-web statistics provider
-proxy
-web scraping
-any other activity that is a heavy service or application and takes a lot of resource usage

You may think that a url redirection service is big resource usage, but it definitely is, especially since our server is not configured for it. You have no idea how much resource usage it takes to simply redirect to another site unless you configure a service to do specifically just that. And it slows down each and every website on the server due to all the requests it generates.

By the way, most paid hosts do not allow these kind of websites either, even if this isn't explicitly stated in their TOS (they remove your account once they notice it or give a grace period to upgrade to a vps or similar).
mkaand
I found one paid hosting in Turkey, But problem is I can not find good script for URL forwarding. I tried couple of them it didnt work. I didnt know it takes more resources. But I am pretty make sure it doesnt take more bandwidth right ? Just for DNS querys. I mean :

subdomain.domain.com redirects to yahoo.com/users/username thats it. Then it will not take any source from domain.com server right ?Actually zoneedit provides free web forwarding service. Actually it is better for me i guess but anually 200 MB bandwidth limit. They said normal web site takes 50MB bandwidth for DNS queries per year.
Bondings
mkaand wrote:
I found one paid hosting in Turkey, But problem is I can not find good script for URL forwarding. I tried couple of them it didnt work. I didnt know it takes more resources. But I am pretty make sure it doesnt take more bandwidth right ? Just for DNS querys. I mean :

subdomain.domain.com redirects to yahoo.com/users/username thats it. Then it will not take any source from domain.com server right ?Actually zoneedit provides free web forwarding service. Actually it is better for me i guess but anually 200 MB bandwidth limit. They said normal web site takes 50MB bandwidth for DNS queries per year.

The point is that there needs to be a script that reads the parameters like subdomain and then sends a redirect page to the client. This won't take much bandwidth, although it does count up if you have a lot of requests. But Apache isn't made to handle a lot of small requests like that, the same goes for the server configuration values.

For a service like that, the best way is to get a small VPS. Then you have full root access and can do and run whatever you wish.