FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Breastfeeding a dog. Explain this to me, Brits...

quex
Dear UK and all of its Citizenry:

Please explain to me your collective response to this woman, a fellow citizen, who breastfeeds her (adult) dog. I am very curious to know. Is this largely accepted? Nothing important? Downright wrong?

Personally, my only response is that breast milk is not proper nutrition for a dog, nor for a 17-month-old baby. I think both should be fed a more supportive diet.
Afaceinthematrix
I think that this is weird, but since I do not think that it is illegal, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just weird. And I am sure that this is not the norm so I do not think that any of the "Brits" here have anything to explain. If you ever see this chick, make sure to ask her and report back because I wouldn't be surprised if none of the U.K. citizens here knew how to respond to you asking them why some random chick in their country is doing something weird... I'm sure that's happened elsewhere...
quex
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I think that this is weird, but since I do not think that it is illegal, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just weird. And I am sure that this is not the norm

That's along the lines of what I'm looking for. Can you be more specific? Is it weird in the illogical sense, or in the moral sense...? Otherwise...?

Quote:
so I do not think that any of the "Brits" here have anything to explain. If you ever see this chick, make sure to ask her and report back because I wouldn't be surprised if none of the U.K. citizens here knew how to respond to you asking them why some random chick in their country is doing something weird... I'm sure that's happened elsewhere...

Intending no offense to the British, I simply feel it is the better ability (and perhaps the right) of a citizen's countrymen to judge his or her actions against the background of social norms in that sum culture. As an American (where we have plenty of our own eccentrics), and with no background in UK culture to measure this against, I am entirely unqualified to decide whether or not this is abnormal by British standards. My factual curiosity, then, tends toward how British citizens would respond -- not on any definitive legal or sociopathic verdicts.

I believe there is a new stereotype regarding the British and their pets building amongst pet lovers in the US; that Britons are apt to accept dogs in the role of children, both their own and others, to a greater extent than we do here. I am curious to see how accurate or inaccurate this may be.
ocalhoun
quex wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I think that this is weird, but since I do not think that it is illegal, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just weird. And I am sure that this is not the norm

That's along the lines of what I'm looking for. Can you be more specific? Is it weird in the illogical sense, or in the moral sense...? Otherwise...?

Weird as in unusual, something not often done.

Why should it be immoral?
(Except in the case of the overly upright and uptight, who believe anything unusual must be immoral.)
quex
ocalhoun wrote:

Why should it be immoral?
(Except in the case of the overly upright and uptight, who believe anything unusual must be immoral.)

There are a hell of a lot of those such people in the US. Enough to pass legislation about things like this.
badai
this has nothing to do of being english, or even human.

if you read enough, you will see too many cases where dogs adopt kitten (breast feed it), cats adopt puppy, or even tigress take care of little monkey.
ocalhoun
badai wrote:

if you read enough, you will see too many cases where dogs adopt kitten (breast feed it), cats adopt puppy, or even tigress take care of little monkey.

And you see cases of humans drinking cow's milk all over the place.
quex
badai wrote:

Most people argue mothers' instinct for those cases. Now, if you are one of the few who easily groups humans in with animals, you can use the same argument. :D
quex
ocalhoun wrote:
badai wrote:

And you see cases of humans drinking cow's milk all over the place.

Also goats and sheep. And deer, buffalo, yak, reindeer, horses, and camels, depending upon what's available. As a matter of fact, why don't we drink human milk as adults? Would you drink a woman's milk if it were sold at the supermarket? What if it were produced by a woman you knew? :/
Marcuzzo
quex wrote:
What if it were produced by a woman you knew? :/

that depends on how hot the chick is... Laughing just kidding.

quex wrote:
Is this largely accepted? Nothing important? Downright wrong?

dude seriously, there are stories out there of women having their cat suck their nipple,
even worse, chicks that let a horse or even a dog "mount" them for christs sake.

the world is full of freaks and they usualy aren't accepted, not in Europe not in the US, nowhere.
ocalhoun
Marcuzzo wrote:

quex wrote:
Is this largely accepted? Nothing important? Downright wrong?

dude seriously, there are stories out there of women having their cat suck their nipple,
even worse, chicks that let a horse or even a dog "mount" them for christs sake.

Actually, dog is more common, 'cause of being more accessible, and not being too large to handle.
^.^
Quote:

the world is full of freaks and they usualy aren't accepted, not in Europe not in the US, nowhere.

Apparently not accepted here either...
Don't dismiss them so quickly. Study says: 5% of the population has had sexual relations with an animal at some point.
That's 1 out of 20.
Marcuzzo
ocalhoun wrote:
Apparently not accepted here either...
Don't dismiss them so quickly. Study says: 5% of the population has had sexual relations with an animal at some point.
That's 1 out of 20.

5%, jeez, is there a country where animal humping is a national sport to get a percentage that high?

lets say the world has 6.000.000.000 people in it, 300.000.000 of em like to walk on the wild side.

iiiiiieeeeeeuuuuuuwwww, bah, jukkie.

some animals like to get some action too, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRm8okHhapU
coolclay
Yea, that women has some issues period. First of all she looks like the British version of redneck trailer trash, and secondly has children to people she's dated for 4 months, and not to mention breast feeds her dog and 17 month old baby. Now I am not judging, well ok yea I am, but this woman's not normal any way you look at her.

But hey to each there own as long as everyone is happy and healthy, whatever floats your boat!
crimson_aria
breastfeeding a dog? that is just so weird >.<
andysart380
thats worse than the lady who was breastfeeding her 8 year old child, there was a big thing about that a couple years back here in the US, she just never stopped breastfeeding the poor kid... i guess she didnt have to buy extra food for 8 years
watersoul
Eww, thats a strange story!

Definitely a minority activity, most people don't share her views...in any country!
I suppose if no-one is affected badly because of it, well, I won't complain, but urgh, it's not something I'd want to be involved in myself.
quex
andysart380 wrote:
thats worse than the lady who was breastfeeding her 8 year old child, there was a big thing about that a couple years back here in the US, she just never stopped breastfeeding the poor kid... i guess she didnt have to buy extra food for 8 years

If the child was not provided with supplementary foods, this could easily be prosecuted as child abuse. Do you know if it was?
ocalhoun
quex wrote:
andysart380 wrote:

If the child was not provided with supplementary foods, this could easily be prosecuted as child abuse. Do you know if it was?

Neglect maybe, but not abuse.
quex
ocalhoun wrote:
quex wrote:
andysart380 wrote:

Neglect maybe, but not abuse.

The two are paired in US federal law. Abuse is the umbrella term for both. So, yes, if you want to be more specific, this would likely be classified as neglect, and prosecuted as abuse: neglect to provide adequate nutrition.
Starrfoxx
Breastfeeding a dog? Oh wow. I thought I heard it all, lol.
karysky
I think it's toooo weird...

I don't think it's physically disgusting since dog saliva contains less bacteria than human's saliva.

I find that psychologically weird... I mean, no dog food? You go outside and buy some!

She says it bonds her to her dog... ok yeah, but what about walking with your dog in the park? It bonds you to the dog all the same.

If she is breastfeeding her dog, she is humanizing him too much and this is wrong.

So, well, this news made me quite uncomfortable.
gtsmatrix
I find that to be a weird topic... Smile
metalfreek
This is one crazy story that I have heard. Every species have their own set of essential nutrients and I am sure Human milk is not that good for dogs. BTW I am still wondering why she did that?
hunnyhiteshseth
metalfreek wrote:
This is one crazy story that I have heard. Every species have their own set of essential nutrients and I am sure Human milk is not that good for dogs. BTW I am still wondering why she did that?

Every species has its own set of essential nutrients but living beings are extremelfy efficient of converting whatever nutrients they are getting into essential nutrients they need. For example, out of hundreds of amino acids needed by human body there are only 20 amino acids necessary to manufacture all of them. I guess that would apply to other mammals too.
andysart380
i would belive that this woman has a problem....you just shouldnt do that... i dont know if its harmful or if it benefits the dog...but i wouldnt care to find out either
Arty
Well it's her own body and she can do whatever she pleases with it....

Even though breastfeeding a dog is disgusting...
Asap170
When I heard people made cookies and stuff with breastmilk i thought it was weird, but I believe this one tops that. But I guess what's there to complain about if she isn't forcing the dog to do it.
quex
Arty wrote:
Well it's her own body and she can do whatever she pleases with it....

Even though breastfeeding a dog is disgusting...

Off topic, but please tell me your icon is real and not photoshopped at all. Effing CUTE.
D'Artagnan
well i think it should be a crime if she had a baby sharing her breasts whit the dog, now if she just can feed him milk by whichever means i don't whana know then let her be crazy
nigam
even thought I am living in a weird place, my people don't do this kind of stuff. this is beyond weird and I can see something wrong about these kind of people. Maybe they are just helping the animal but it's beyond my imagination.