FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what computer should i buy

tj6770
i want to get windows 7 computer but i need other peoples opinon
Flarkis
Can you be a bit more spesific? A desktop or a Laptop for starters. What is the main use of this computer going to be (eg. office work, gaming, software development). And what is your price range
Donutey
And if you just want Windows 7, you could upgrade your existing computer.
weableandbob
Laptops, I'm not sure, but for desktops, I'm always for building your own. It's usually cheaper, and you get better quality hardware.
[FuN]goku
weableandbob wrote:
Laptops, I'm not sure
Depends on the manufacturer to be honest.

tj6770 wrote:

1. What would you be looking for in a system? Any specific hardware you would like (i.e Intel vs AMD, or nVidia vs ATI).
2. Is there a set amount you're willing to spend?
3. Laptop or Desktop?
4. It depends what you want to use it for.. I would think a lower end budget system would suffice for office work. Gaming, you'd need to dish out a bit more cash. Server, would depend on what kind of stuff you wanna host (though I wouldn't recommend win7 for a server anyways)
deanhills
tj6770 wrote:
Looks as though all the new computers that are sold come loaded with Windows 7, but it is not necessarily Windows 7 Professional, or even the Home Version. So you need to do your research before, and ask the sales person about the operating software - Windows 7. Think Windows 7 Professional would be my choice, but maybe you should look at what your needs are at the comparison of the different editions of Windows 7 below:
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/compare/default.aspx

I would tend to go for a new computer that is towards the higher end of specifications, but not the highest. Perhaps 3GB RAM and 320 GB Hard Disk Space with a high quality Graphics Card, depending whether you are going to use the computer for games. The article below is a good one for explaining what to look out for:
http://askbobrankin.com/how_to_buy_a_computer.html
nam_siddharth
tj6770 wrote:

Here is my recommendation

Processor: Intel core i3
RAM: DDR3 3 GB Kingston
Video card(on-board or add-on) with HDMI Output
Monitor with HDMI input.

If you want to buy laptop then look for LED display.
Agent ME
What do you want the computer for? Facebook and flash games? Or are you into graphics-heavy computer games? That makes a large difference in price - you'll need a good video card if you want good 3d graphics, but otherwise the integrated or cheaper stuff will be good enough.
tukun2009manit
tj6770 wrote:

the decision to buy the type of computer totaly based on u r use if u are a student and really intresting in projects then u need high ram and of course a good processor. in case u want to browse internet then cheap computers r good options if u r intrested in movies u will need to store those movies so u will need high memory of hard disk, there r two types of memory first ram and second hard disk i will suggest you minimum 2 gb ram and minimum 160 gb hardisk yes about the processor try to get core to duo or dual core but not below that this hole conficuration will be available at rupees 3000
note:- one dollar= 48 ruppee so it will be around 3000/48 dollar
nam_siddharth
tukun2009manit wrote:
tj6770 wrote:

the decision to buy the type of computer totaly based on u r use if u are a student and really intresting in projects then u need high ram and of course a good processor. in case u want to browse internet then cheap computers r good options if u r intrested in movies u will need to store those movies so u will need high memory of hard disk, there r two types of memory first ram and second hard disk i will suggest you minimum 2 gb ram and minimum 160 gb hardisk yes about the processor try to get core to duo or dual core but not below that this hole conficuration will be available at rupees 3000
note:- one dollar= 48 ruppee so it will be around 3000/48 dollar

PC in Rs 3000? May be you mean Rs. 30000.
Core 2 Duo is out of date product now. Intel has stopped manufacturing Core 2 Duo processors. At the price of Core 2 duo, you can get Core i3 now, which is at least 2 times faster than Core 2 Duo. My configuration will not cost you more than Rs. 25000 ie. USD 500.
airh3ad
Buying the most expensive gaming/office works PC for emailing your sister abroad or your parents is way, way overkill and a big waste of money. When budget constrained but we need a spreadsheet, try to take away those components that are not necessary. We don’t need graphics card and sound when doing spreadsheets. Right? Or we can wait until the price drop. So, who’s going to use the PC? If the user will be a teenager, we’ll most likely consider buying a decent one. These people are doing a lot of things to entertain themselves and they want it fast. But grandma or grandpa doesn’t care if the PC delays a minute or two to boot. i think do not buy second hand also.