FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MediaMonkey 3 Issue - Show Track Browser

biznacho
I'm running WinXP and I'm using MediaMonkey 3. I've run into an issue that I can't seem to fix. The "Track Browser" section of the main window has a bug that I've discovered. Much like iTunes, you can have the top of the window display Genres, Artists, and Albums in a portion of the window that can be expanded or shrunken by clicking at the bottom of that section of the window and dragging up or down. I've stupidly dragged it past the bottom of the screen, and released the mouse. The window stayed that way!

Now, I can either browse using Genre, Artist, Album ONLY, or by turning off the track browser portion of the screen and just going without it. I like having the option of using it, but I can't get it fixed. Anyone have any suggestions?
biznacho
Got a fix for this, but it might not be for the faint-of-heart. You have to go into the Windows registry... I hate recommending this to people because they can mess up their computers really bad if they don't know what they are doing for absolute certain. I'll try to be as clear as possible without insulting anyone's intelligence.

Go to Start > Run > type "regedit" and cick OK

In the registry editor window go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\Toolbars\TBXTrackBrowser. When you highlight that folder look in the right-hand portion of the screen and look for "DPDockedHeight". If you see it, notice a number to the right of it. Mine said 718. Make sure MediaMonkey is not running at this time and double click DPDockedHeight. Change that value to something smaller like 300 or 400. Then close the registry editor.

Open MediaMonkey and you should be able to slide the track browser up or down again.

I hope this helps someone, but I also hope nobody has to go through this on accident either. I've done some Q&A testing on software and sometimes find myself wondering HOW I did that...