FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

marketing

blacksoft
tell me marketing strategy?

<Edit: links removed>
gmourao
You should read a little bit of Michael Porter. I think no one knows better than him.
But keep in mind that every situation is a real special situation, and should be analized carefully and never just follow the strategy without trying to elucidate every singularity of the market segment. And, keep in mind that knowing it all, you can be unsuscessfull in your journey.
Yes, its complicated, and not 100% garanteed, but worth the time spent.
menino
I Always thought that Phillip Kotler was the marketing Guru, as i was taught in Universities a long time ago.
But this guy Michael Porter seems to be a genius.
Going to read up about him and his works.
hunnyhiteshseth
I guess Michael Porter is more of a strategist than a marketer. Even I think Philips Kotler is considered a contemporary guru of marketing.
the-guide
blacksoft wrote:

Really need someone tell you about marketing strategy? Is it easier for you to search on Google or other SE first? I think may be you would like to do that... Laughing
medesignz
Marketing for Dummies Wink
slashnburn99
I Can help

Have done a Marketing Course it is not easy

Adcock is the Guru (search Amazon.com)

(UK book below)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marketing-Principles-Practice-Dennis-Adcock/dp/027364677X

Porter is very close but not quite the Generic Strategies is good the others are in brackets
(Porters Diamond, 5 Forces, Value Chain)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Porter

Pestle - Political, Economic, Social, Technilogical, Legal and Environment
http://www.cipd.co.uk/subjects/corpstrtgy/general/pestle-analysis.htm

Swot - Strengths, Weaknesses, (inside the Organisation) Opportunities, Threats (Outside The Orgainization)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis

Macro - Outside View (External)
Micro - Inside View (Internal)

BCG - Boston Consulting Matrix (5 stars - search on google for this really easy , but great tool )
http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/matrix/bcg/

Martin Christopher Loyalty Ladder

Stakeholders - look for stakeholders Mapping Tool
amuthanjrv
Marketing is a three-syllable word that seems so simple, yet encompasses so much. Marketing is a multi-faceted approach to promoting a product or service. Both traditional and unconventional marketing methods have a place in the small business world. Marketing helps small businesses focus on building their brand and identity. Two three marketing strategies known by me are

Reviews
Solicit product reviews from reputable industry sources, magazine reviewers, bloggers, or industry journalists. Product reviews lend credibility to a product or company.

Promotional Items
Branded giveaways have long been used by marketers to attract potential customers. Products that have a long shelf life will help keep your business in the forefront of a customer's mind. Weeks, months, and even years after a product is purchased or service is performed, promotional items will remind the customer of your brand.

Keyword Advertising
In order to help your website's search engine ranking, use keyword advertising. Focused and targeted keyword advertising will drive web traffic that has a genuine interest in your product or service.
deanhills
I don't know whether any guru coined this as his exclusive strategy, as it is very much a universal marketing strategy. But networking would be a great strategy. For example if you are in the investment industry, you would try and connect up with professionals who are providing you with a service. You would refer some of your investment clients to your lawyer, and then your lawyer may refer his clients to you. You may refer your clients to your doctor, and your doctor may refer his patients to you, etc. etc. In other words, wherever you go, you live your business and you get others to reciprocate in the same way. Networking.
medesignz
networking as a marketing strategy? Interesting concept. Go further with it Very Happy
medesignz
Isn't marketing the finest art of the 21st century?
sketteksalfa
The marketing concept of building an organization around the profitable satisfaction of customer needs has helped firms to achieve success in high-growth, moderately competitive markets. However, to be successful in markets in which economic growth has leveled and in which there exist many competitors who follow the marketing concept, a well-developed marketing strategy is required. Such a strategy considers a portfolio of products and takes into account the anticipated moves of competitors in the market.
medesignz
So what are your plans to seperate you from the competiters?
lovescience
Is there different between planning a marketing strategy for a start-up company and for a well-established company?
medesignz
lovescience wrote:
Is there different between planning a marketing strategy for a start-up company and for a well-established company?

IMO, I would say yes... Marketing an established company would have to take into consideration a number of factors such as current public perception, and current market standing.

A new business has a clean slate... It can market itself amongst competitors, without having the "luggage" a well-established business
IceCreamTruck
medesignz wrote:
A new business has a clean slate... It can market itself amongst competitors, without having the "luggage" a well-established business

This sets up the system that I currently am not very happy with in that the corporation, the logo/brand, literally becomes a fall guy, and the real corporation that should be having image and reputation problems for performing badly or breaking the law simply replicates their "marketing" process again under a new name. A new corporation with a clean slate.
lovescience
It does have advantage and disadvantage to an established business.

Since the history goes by, it creates the reputation. This can help the business or lead the business to have to have a fix on its business.

Strategy, market and business have connection to each other.
The strategy planning should consider the market and the business. The business should also consider the market to make any change in the strategy.
dracyruiz
Marketing is process to create, communication, produce, deliver and so on. There are many types of marketing like Internet marketing, Email marketing and so on. Due to marketing we can easily earn money as well as make good reputation in markets.
medesignz
What about SMS marketing?

Have you tried this yet?
vrajitoru15
try e-mail marketing......it's a good idea...and many people will see your products Very Happy
medesignz
vrajitoru15 wrote:
try e-mail marketing......it's a good idea...and many people will see your products Very Happy

Mass emailing? Do you have list, or do you just find them online?
medesignz
andrewtarant wrote:
Marketing is nowadays very much popular and effective strategy also in every business field. Using effective marketing strategy you will become successful business man in the world. There are lots of techniques you use for your business marketing like promotional products is one of the best way of business marketing.

Marketing is all about the 4 P's.
    Promotion
    Product
    Price
    Placement

Try coming up with some real world examples.
How could you determine the marketing of the Rolling Stones, Coca Cola and Marlboro?
medesignz
joliemartin wrote:
Ni doubt! Marketing is one of the best tools for increasing your business. That is why, most of companies are using different ad promotion through television internet, before launch their new products. I think that face book, twitter, LinkedIn is also very good for marketing in all over the world. I have found that many companies are using these social networks for making business internationally. Smile
Alot of the companies are using the social media as a responsive mechanism.
Crystee
Marketing creates value by understanding and addressing customer needs better than competitors and has a key role in engaging the whole company to support the creation and delivery of that value.
As such, Marketing can directly impact both top-line demand-led growth and, through the effectiveness and efficiency of Marketing spend, also has a huge impact on bottom-line performance.
medesignz
Crystee wrote:
Marketing creates value by understanding and addressing customer needs better than competitors and has a key role in engaging the whole company to support the creation and delivery of that value.
As such, Marketing can directly impact both top-line demand-led growth and, through the effectiveness and efficiency of Marketing spend, also has a huge impact on bottom-line performance.
A product already has value, its the marketing that decides where to put the decimal point Wink
changealex
Marketing is not about who can talk faster, or close better. It is about deep psychological understanding of customer needs. Steve Jobs had this gift better than almost any example. Henry Ford. Thomas Edison. Every innovation in the history of the world combined an uncanny understanding of human needs and the innovative vision to deliver it.
medesignz
changealex wrote:
Marketing is not about who can talk faster, or close better. It is about deep psychological understanding of customer needs. Steve Jobs had this gift better than almost any example. Henry Ford. Thomas Edison. Every innovation in the history of the world combined an uncanny understanding of human needs and the innovative vision to deliver it.
Find a problem, and fix it... Or the Google model is create the problem, and create the solution Wink
yibei
El segundo entrenador del FC Barcelona, Jordi Roura, ha asegurado que el conjunto azulgrana volvió "a dar la cara a pesar del resultado" en contra (2-1) ante el Real Madrid, por lo que se ha mostrado satisfecho con la actitud de su equipo después del duro golpe de la eliminación en las semifinales de Copa del Rey ante precisamente los de José Mourinho.
WHUK
blacksoft wrote:

<Edit: links removed>

If you are looking for an online marketing strategy, then you use article submissions, blogging, social bookmarking and networking, banner advertisements, forum or community participation. When it comes to creating an online presence, it is important to consider the best resources for getting backlinks and submitting informative content.
medesignz
I don't actually know if the original poster got what they were looking for from this post, but hopefully they were able to take something out of it and started developing their own ideas towards marketing.

It is something that can be learnt, but you must dedicate yourself and follow trends very closely. Do you want to be keeping up to date and following trends, or do you want to be the ones creating them?
mkhirale
Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, and services.An organization's strategy that combines all of its marketing goals into one comprehensive plan.The marketing strategy is the foundation of a marketing plan.