FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Statistics





einar
I get into troubles when I try the statistics when I use awstats, it tells me that there could be a problem with the configuration file.

Webalizer stats has not been generated.

When I click the stats configuration icon, I get a 404 error, and ./frontend/x/statselect/index.html this document was not found.


What can I do about this ?
Sunny
If you have just got your accout recently as I suspect then just wait 1-2 days and it will start working automatically.However you can try "latest visitors" which will give good idea about the traffic you are getting.
Bondings
You need to select awstats in your 'stats selector' or 'stats configuration' page in cpanel. After a maximum of one day, the stats will be loaded and after that you will be able to update them by hand.
Sunny
Bondings.. I think he already tired it.

Quote:
When I click the stats configuration icon, I get a 404 error, and ./frontend/x/statselect/index.html this document was not found.


I had the same problem when i got my hosting but it started working automatically after few hours. Kinda weird .May be it takes that many hours for new users to start working. I also wonder if he has Statistics Software Configuration button yet.
Bondings
Sunny wrote:
Bondings.. I think he already tired it.

Quote:
When I click the stats configuration icon, I get a 404 error, and ./frontend/x/statselect/index.html this document was not found.


I had the same problem when i got my hosting but it started working automatically after few hours. Kinda weird .May be it takes that many hours for new users to start working. I also wonder if he has Statistics Software Configuration button yet.

Actually I meant that button instead of the stats configuration.
progman89
I don't even use the ones in cPanel...I use TraceWatch ( http://www.tracewatch.com/ ). It's a great stats program that's easy to install and has features for advanced stats tracking.
Daniel15
progman89 wrote:
I don't even use the ones in cPanel...I use TraceWatch ( http://www.tracewatch.com/ ). It's a great stats program that's easy to install and has features for advanced stats tracking.


I'm assuming that for that script, you need to put a bit of PHP or JavaScript code on every page on your website? The cPanel ones directly work off the server logs. This means that the cPanel statistics include things like error codes returned, which external scripts can't return. Also, most external scripts don't work on non-HTML files, for example images.
einar
Now I can see the stat. software configuration icon and chose awstats and webalizer. However, when I choose the stat. configuration icon that is located besides this one, I get the same error as before. Perhaps it is just a matter of time now, after all, it was just some minutes ago that I cofigured the software.

I have used awstats before, so I would very much like it to work now as well.

Thanks, so far.

Einar
Related topics
Web/Ftp Statistics have errors
Country Statistics
wage statistics
Logs and Statistics
A statistics monitor and some topsites!
Good statistics counter?
Visitor Statistics for Many Users
Statistics, bandwidth and Apache logs fixed (Server 2)
Addon Domains
Paper use soars despite digital advances: Statistics Canada
Site Summary / Statistics / Logs
Web statistics
Statistics for my Website
Clicky - Website Statistics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.