FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URGENT help with file

AlphaAddict
i need some with braudband to ftp a file to my server i cant do it through my X-50v
Sunny
What file and why you can't do it?
AlphaAddict
Will give ALL of my fri$ or whatevers used if helped...
AlphaAddict
Sunny wrote:
What file and why you can't do it?

i cant do it on my pda...
babumuchhala
Pease elaborate.

We might not be able to help u other wise. Plus how will u send the file to say anyone of, without uploading it to anysite.

Do try & use the cPanel's file manager. Its helpfull sometimes

But Please elaborate on the file. Like what size, type, etc.
AlphaAddict
its the ie7 beta you have stickied...
Sunny
4 POSTS from you and I'm still wondering. why you can't upload yourself, why you want to upload it. and by the way just so that you know on your own posts you will find a button "edit" which is for this specific reason to edit or add something to your Post.

As you problem goes... I found this on a download site
Quote:
Because this version of Internet Explorer 7 is intended only for developers and registered beta testers, Microsoft has asked us to stop distributing the setup files. Therefore, Internet Explorer 7 is no longer available for download from this page. However, we will post it here as soon as the beta goes public, so make sure you periodically check back

I wonder if thats the reason you want it to be uploaded, so you can download from there. or if its for your visitors then I am not sure if it will be right or even legal for you to keep it up as its been taken off by the microsoft from the download sites for some reason. May be post the facts .
AlphaAddict
maby you should remove it the links still there
not that anyone could give a crap about distributing a beta of a free browser

ill wait then....
Sunny
Quote:

ill wait then....

May be not...But definately wrong way to ask for a file pretending as if you are having computer problem and need someone to upload a file for you which is probably something to do with your hosting and that too urgently. But as it turned out you just needed the file which no longer exists on legal Internet arena.
gonzo
Sunny wrote:
Quote:

ill wait then....

May be not...But definately wrong way to ask for a file pretending as if you are having computer problem and need someone to upload a file for you which is probably something to do with your hosting and that too urgently. But as it turned out you just needed the file which no longer exists on legal Internet arena.

Distributing a beta of freely distributed software package is harldy illegal. If you like beta software and are in the mood for cutting edge then I HIGHLY recommend you try the Deer Park beta of firefox:

http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.5b1&os=win&lang=en-US

If you want bleeding edge then go with a nightly:

http://www.mozilla.org/developer/#builds

Since I'm sure the nanny-staters will go ballistic if I provide you with the completely licit URL so instead I'll suggest you google for this yourself:

ie7 beta wga
Sunny
Quote:
Distributing a beta of freely distributed software package is harldy illegal. If you like beta software and are in the mood for cutting edge then I HIGHLY recommend you try the Deer Park beta of firefox:

TOS says
Quote:
We are neither an image host, file storage or downloads website. Uploading of big files is forbidden

Heck there are so many file sharing sites (fo eg. rapidshare.de)

I agree may be nothing illegal in sharing that file but surely something wrong in the way it was asked.(lie etc)
gonzo
Google isn't your friend, but it can be useful. I found what you're looking for in a few seconds. Downloading, on the other hand, might test your patience

Sunny
gonzo wrote:
Google isn't your friend, but it can be useful. I found what you're looking for in a few seconds. Downloading, on the other hand, might test your patience

and again TOS SAYS

Quote:
Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.

And link shown in your Screenshot is a known warez/crack site. and my dear friend you can download almost anything from ILLEGAL SITES.
gonzo
Sunny wrote:
Quote:
Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.

And link shown in your Screenshot

Today we're examining the letter of the law. I have not violated anything in the above TOS quotation.

It seems you don't understand the definition of "link".

If you already had a copy of the beta...

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=3834950b22c22e9d4d103b04
Sunny
So anyone reading your post won't see it?

Isn't it spreading the warez through frihost forum?

Consider someone says "pls dont go to xyz.cm it has warez" Although hes telling not to go that site but he's actually advertising it on the other hand. I'll be surprised if Mods don't remove your SS and guess that will actually tell the valdity of your SS.

EDIT : lol@editing the post and adding a link of your own upload.
gonzo
there are a variety of entertaining loopholes worth discussing.

(1) I did not link to warez.
(2) If I mention a site which itself mentions warez am I in violation?
(2b) how many degrees of nesting apply?
(3) IE beta is not "warez"
(4) if a warez site hosts GPL'd freeware, and one provides the URL to that mirror is it illicit?
Sunny
Quote:
I did not link to warez.

yes, you did indirectly
Quote:
If I mention a site which itself mentions warez am I in violation?

It doesn't just mention warez, Its a pure warez site. I dont see anything else on that site apart from warez and cracks.

Quote:
if a warez site hosts GPL'd freeware, and one provides the URL to that mirror is it illicit?

For you kind information, Microsoft (Vendor of this software) has asked all the sites to stop distributing IE 7.0, its for developers or registered users. .
gonzo
Sunny wrote:
Quote:
I did not link to warez.

yes, you did indirectly

I did not link to warez. Please speak accurately or not at all. What is an indirect-link? (since you don't understand the word link this should be entertaining)

Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't just

You didn't answer my question.

Quote:
Its a pure warez site.

You don't understand the word 'link' and you really should brush up on 'site', too.

Quote:
I dont see anything else on that site apart from warez and cracks.

And the IE beta is what again?

Quote:

Quote:
if a warez site hosts GPL'd freeware, and one provides the URL to that mirror is it illicit?

For you kind information, Microsoft

So you're just not interested in answering my questions? Or having an actual discussion?
Sunny
Quote:
I did not link to warez. Please speak accurately or not at all. What is an indirect-link? (since you don't understand the word link this should be entertaining)

Iif you are gonna argue that a link should be www.yahoo.com then technically its a hyperlink. and morever it only diverts the attention from real issue.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't just

You didn't answer my question.

It doesn't mentions warez, Its a warez site, It contains WAREZ, WAREZ, WAREZ,CRACKS, WAREZ, CRACKS AND WAREZ.and nothing more. and yes my caps key is working fine.

I answered all your questions , you just have nothing valid to say in defence.

I think i have tried my best to explain it to you. You just don't want to understand or want to keep up with the arguments.I found out that site from your post .. thats enough evidence that its spreading warez link/site/url/or w/e you wanna call it through your post. A sensible person would have just removed the pic and say sorry or something.Anyway keeping the forum interest in mind I'll just end it here.