FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your best recipe

iyepes
I think there should be a foods and cousine forum here, but since there's none, I post here.

Which is your best recipe, the one you prepare with more easy or with the more delight for your guests?

I'll tell you mine, I call it "chicken on pownder milk" the origin is funny, it came from a original recipe of chicken on cream milk, but I ran out of cream milk, so I had to figure out how to solve it two hours before my guests arrive then I found a good solution with pownder milk.

Since I need points, I will put the recipe in the next post.
iyepes
Ingredients:

1 lb Chicken (It could be breast)
2 cups of pownder milk
1 cup of water
Salt
A flat pan

Preparation:
Defrost the chicken and cut it in slices 1 centimeter thick each one for easier cooking.
Salt the chicken slices
Put the 2 cups of pownder milk with the cup of water on the mixer, let them until it formes a soft sauce.
Put the pan on middle heat and spread the sauce, put the chicken slices over it. Cover the chicken with more sauce.
Cook in low heat, turning the chicken slides often to avoid overcooking, cook until the chicken is soft and completelly white.

Be carefull, do not let milk sauce to boil.

Serve with salad and smashed potatoes (a suggestion).
mshafiq
How to prepare Kheer
Ingredients are following

2 liters full-cream milk
1 can (400 gm) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup rice
50 gm almonds
50 gm raisins
A few strands of saffron

Preparation:
Wash the rice well and soak for half an hour in enough water to cover it fully.
Put the milk, condensed milk and sugar in a deep, thick-bottomed pan and boil. When the milk comes to a boil, add the rice and simmer. Cook till the milk thickens and reduces to half its original volume.
Add the almonds, raisins and cardamom and cook for 5 more minutes.
Turn off the fire and add the saffron. Stir well.
Allow the kheer to cool, then chill.
Serve cold
mshafiq
How to make Naan

Ingredients

1 package active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ghee (see recipe below) or vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
melted butter for brushing

3/4 cups warm water in a measuring cup. Add sugar and yeast. Allow yeast to soften and stir until yeast is dissolved. Cover measuring cup with towel and allow yeast and water to froth for 5-10 minutes.

In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add yeast water, yogurt, and ghee (or vegetable shortening)and begin to knead for 5-10 minutes, until a dough forms.

coated with oil and. Cover bowl with towel and allow to rise in a warm area for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled.

Preheat oven to 400. Divide dough into 10-12 pieces and roll out on floured surface into circles. Place rolled out dough on baking sheet and brush with melted butter.

Cook in oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed up.
mikakiev
Soup

Put pieces of chicken (or pork) into a saucepan of boiling water; slightly salted.
Put a whole onion and big pieces of carrot, they could be tiny pieces in it.
Leave it for 2hours and put some leave vegs like cabbage and wait until it gets soft.

The soup is ready. If you leave the soup until it gets cold, the vegs would be soaked well and tast good to eat.
Helios
I don't like where this is going... people double-posting, and it's a heaven for copy-pasting.
So many recipe sites available today... just google for whatever you wish to cook today and that's it.

Sorry, but this thread is -closed-.