FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A winter visitor to my garden

wellerchap
...and one of my favourite birds, a Robin....beautiful little thing!
jabce85
nice photograph!
Cliffer
Lovely bird and nice photo!
deanhills
Awesome photo, what a beautiful bird. I particularly like swallows too, especially because of their amazing air acrobats and just being super sleek fellows with a wonderful posture. Do you do lots of birds, as I can imagine your travels must provide you with some excellent bird photo opportunities?
driftingfe3s
Great shot, love the colors. My backyard is too small to see any avian visitors, I wish it was bigger. Maybe if I take a look at the trees that line my street, I'll be able to find some neat shots like this.
wellerchap
deanhills wrote:
Do you do lots of birds, as I can imagine your travels must provide you with some excellent bird photo opportunities?

No, very few so far (got out to a local hide yesterday though, which was fantastic)....the scooter riding's scooter riding...photography (at my "beginners" level anyway) takes up all my concentration, so I make special trips with the camera.
the-guide
WOW that's nice!!! Let me save it, very beautiful.
Baka_Desu
We have some tropical birds coming to our garden stealing my dogs food, but those birds are not as beautiful as that picture Crying or Very sad
erlendhg
Oh, fantastic.
I'm fascinated, both by the bird with its beatiful colors and of course the photograph.

Well done.
Marcuzzo
that is a realy nice shot.
over here we call them roodborst
at my parents house there are a lot of em, I used to wake up by the sound of singing birds and this Robin often participated in my morning orchestra.
wellerchap
Thank you all for the comments...it amazed me that close up, most of their plumage appears more like fine hair than feathers.
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
Thank you all for the comments...it amazed me that close up, most of their plumage appears more like fine hair than feathers.
Right, and I'm sure you noticed how absolutely well manicured it looks as well. Impossible for a hair dresser to give anyone as good a hair style and cut as that little bird's plumage. Total perfection! Smile
watersoul
Absolute top picture, haven't seen a Robin in ages so it made me smile.
Cheers for sharing it fella Smile
wellerchap
I must say, I've probably seen more robins, bluetits, great tits this winter than sparrows!
amazed by how many have been evident.
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
I must say, I've probably seen more robins, bluetits, great tits this winter than sparrows!
amazed by how many have been evident.
That must be awesome. Not that the sparrows are not cute as well. They do have their moments, but can be quite chatty. Smile
crimson_aria
awesome shot. and lovely bird. it's so cute. birds are indeed lovely creatures.
andysart380
good shot man...little fuzy but thats not really your fault..ive got these little guys all around my house they love the thisle..been filling the feeder every 2 days latley
Bluedoll
Can I call the little one, blue bobby because he/she looks like a male to me but could be a girl too and although he/she is a red red robin he/she keeps him/herself warm in those cooler days with a blue scarf around his/her neck?
crossroads
That is an amazing photo that you got! I love the detail and colors included in it. I wish our outside looked like that right now but instead we just got over two feet of snow over the past weekend and they are calling for over another foot of snow coming tonight so it doesnt look like we will be getting to see our grass anything soon! Oh spring where are you?
furtasacra
That's a lovely photograph. My yard was FULL of robins about a week ago. I didn't get any pictures, unfortunately, but they cheered me up nonetheless, because robins mean spring is coming soon.
wellerchap
Ah yes, "spring".....where's that then?
We're tipped to get a bit more snow over the next few days....not what I want, having to ride a scooter 18 miles to work every day!
Still, the lighter evenings are definitely coming, so it's not all bad!
soljarag
nice proto

that bird looks like a round ball.. i wonder how he even flys....

He's prolly cold, so he tucked his neck in, making him look like that
ajitha999
nice proto

that bird looks like a round ball.. i wonder how he even flys....
Delzon
Beautiful photography, I would like to have one, but it is a great responsibility for me, I'm too forgetful
standready
Fantastic photograph, perfect timing for light. Looks like a younger robin and it's cold!
iyepes
Lovely!!!!
ujjawall
I want, having to ride a scooter 18 miles to work every day!
Still, the lighter evenings are definitely coming, so it's not all bad!
mengshi200
cute,lovely,amazing birds!I like it .