You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[SOLVED] Page loads on File Manager but not actual website

I've set up a Python script to automatically generate HTML files from XML (... long story) and the generated HTML file isn't showing up when I try to load it off my website.

The script itself is fine - I've tested it offline on my computer, and when I view the generated HTML file in the Frihost file manager, it loads as well. When I go to the website link though, I get an entirely unhelpful 500 Internal Server Error. Sad Same thing happens when I run the script offline and upload the resulting file.

The generated HTML files are somewhat large for HTML (~1mb or more) and ugly (they won't conform to any standards on earth) but they load just fine when I view them offline. I'm on Server 4, permissions are fine... I have no idea what the problem is.

Can you give an example? It could be that a part of the filename is blocked or due to wrong file/directory permissions.
One such file is "The_Sins_of_the_Saints.html", 93.8kb in size (one of the smaller files I used for testing). Works fine offline and through File Manager, but not for the website itself.

Um, I figured out how to view Apache error logs and this was the error:

[Wed Jan 06 02:46:04 2010] [error] [client] suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details
[Wed Jan 06 02:46:04 2010] [error] [client] Premature end of script headers: The_Sins_of_the_Saints.html

I've tried Googling but I have no idea what that means (everyone seems to think this only happens for scripts, not HTML files created by scripts), nor how to get to the suexec log. :\
Ah frak, I figured it out. It was because the HTML files were still in the cgi-bin/ folder with the Python scripts that created them, so the server must've thought they were scripts and tried to execute them and failed ... Moving them out of the folder solved the problem.

I feel particularly dumb now. *headdesk*

Thanks for trying to help, though, Bondings!