FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Motion.....

subirbasak

Shot it at Gangasagar Fair.West Bengal,India.Gangasagar Mela is the largest fair celebrated in West Bengal (INDIA). This fair is held where the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal form a nexus. Hence the name Gangasagar Mela. This festival is celebrated during January every year and is a major attraction for millions of pilgrims from all over India.
The pilgrims come for a holy dip on Makar Sankranti (last day of the Bengali Month) Magha -Mid January. They take dips in the Ganges and offer water to the Sun God. The dip, as they say, purifies their 'self' and according to them, 'punya' can be obtained thus. When they are done with the ritual obligations, they head towards the Kapilmuni Temple situated nearby, to worship the deity as a mark of respect......
mtorregiani
It's a beautiful picture indeed, nice colors, and the movement there is just fantastic.
Great work!
tony
Cool photo! I love the blurred colours!
mukesh
Cool nice photo and motion direct looking in this photo
Caxius
i can't see the pic :S
standready
Very cool motion photograph and thank you for the information on the event it is from.
Ghost900
I think the photo is pretty nice and has pretty good colors, the only thing I would say it is almost seems to have too much blur though you don't have total control of it as you don't know the blur til you take the photo.