FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doom and Gloom : Lets end it now. Right here, Right now!

chasbeen
I think theres too many gloomy people knocking around, so hopefully this little post will change some of their minds and make the world a slightly less glommy place to live.

Lets stop interacting with people forcasting the end of tyhe world.

If you click on this link then it's like saying..

Yes! Im one of those gloomy people!

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/2012-the-end-of-the-world/

If you reply to this post then you resisted clicking the link.

Which are you?
Ghost900
What if I clicked the link and posted in this thread?

This is kinda random as what does posting have to do with gloom and doom. If I didn't like gloom and doom then I wouldn't have clicked this link in the first place. Just my 2 cents. Very Happy

By the way I didn't click the link and am not a "The world is ending in 2012" type guy. Smile
Ghost Rider103
I did click the link, as I was curious.

It was actually a pretty good read, and had quite a lot of information for being such a short read. I'd actually recommend people to read it...

I also don't believe the world will end in 2012.
chasbeen
Ghost Rider103

Well I suppose if you click the link and then came back to say your not, then I suppose your a not then.
OK SO, IF YOU CLICK THE LINK AND COME BACK YOUR NOT.

DON'T FORGET THAT THE END OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN FORCAST LOADS OF TIMES BUT WE ARE ALL STILL HERE!
ocalhoun
chasbeen wrote:

DON'T FORGET THAT THE END OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN FORCAST LOADS OF TIMES BUT WE ARE ALL STILL HERE!

^.^ Of course they were wrong, they'd have to be for us to be here laughing at them... But because of the false predictions, we'll never be sure of it until it actually happens.

But, of all the scares and apocalypse theories running around these days, the only one I give any credence to is the prediction of a huge economic collapse... collapse, not recession. 'Borrow, borrow, and borrow some more' is not an indefinitely sustainable strategy, for individuals, corporations, or governments.
chasbeen
Oc

I know what your saying..

The jury is out...
Nameless
MY WORLD IS A LIVING TORMENT TO END WOULD BE A BLESSING THAT THE SUFFERING WOULD NEVER ALLOW OH GOD THE PAIN HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE WE ARE ALL MONSTERS WEARING MASKS OF SUFFERING AND I'm repeating words by now you get the idea. Forecasting the end of the world is, realistically, a very small source of doom and gloom in comparison to the various forms of unfair discrimination, overpopulation, deaths, selfishness, ignorance ...
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
Forecasting the end of the world is, realistically, a very small source of doom and gloom in comparison to the various forms of unfair discrimination, overpopulation, deaths, selfishness, ignorance ...

Now, let's be fair... You could get rid of most of those just by getting rid of humans, no need to harm the rest of the world. ^.^
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Forecasting the end of the world is, realistically, a very small source of doom and gloom in comparison to the various forms of unfair discrimination, overpopulation, deaths, selfishness, ignorance ...

Now, let's be fair... You could get rid of most of those just by getting rid of humans, no need to harm the rest of the world. ^.^
Do you think that this would fix the problems of the world however? Wouldn't this just be replaced by another animal species which would control the world along the same lines creating doom and gloom for those who are living in fear of these species? The controlling species may also go into overpopulation, creating deaths of one another and other animal species etc etc, like the age of reptiles for example. Perhaps all of the species experience doom and gloom to a certain extent?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Do you think that this would fix the problems of the world however? Wouldn't this just be replaced by another animal species which would control the world along the same lines creating doom and gloom for those who are living in fear of these species? The controlling species may also go into overpopulation, creating deaths of one another and other animal species etc etc, like the age of reptiles for example. Perhaps all of the species experience doom and gloom to a certain extent?

The next species might be better, it might be worse... You'd at least have a nice long waiting period while the next intelligent species evolved.
watersoul
Didn't click on the link because I'm not interested enough to read more theory's/claims etc about something beyond my control.
All these poor souls worrying about it seem to be wasting their lives in my opinion.

Live for the now, plan for the things you know about and can actually make a difference to your situation (job loss, natural local disaster/weather, home fire, economic collapse etc), but definitely don't worry about "the end of the world" - what on earth could you honestly do about that if some magical higher force decides mass death/disaster is the Earths next plan?!

Total waste of life...enjoy living the time you know you've got every day you wake up Laughing
jabce85
i resisted
standready
If the world would accidentally end, who is going to be around to say "see I told you so!".
ocalhoun
standready wrote:
If the world would accidentally end, who is going to be around to say "see I told you so!".

The obvious answer would be 'nobody'... If anybody was left, the world would have only changed, not ended.
Nameless
ocalhoun wrote:
standready wrote:

The obvious answer would be 'nobody'... If anybody was left, the world would have only changed, not ended.

It's not like it's a stretch for 'the end of the world' to be shorthand for 'the end of the world as we know it'.

Also, astronauts. Very Happy