FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is that possible to redirect a pr page of a domain

distantship
hi all,
I have this domain that have pr1 but i found out that one of the file: mydomain.com/xxxxx.txt has pr4!
so I am thinking about using 303 redirect to make this page mydomain.com/xxxxx.txt to the main domain mydomain.com

I know that this is possible with a webpage, but since I don't know if xxx.txt is regarded as a subpage of a domain, so, I really need some suggestions here, if you know how to do it, please let me know! Thanks so much in advance!

I would even be willing to give out a certain amount of my frist$ for your solution Smile
Peterssidan
You can use mod rewrite. You can write something like this in a file called .htaccess at the root (If it doesn't exist you can create one).
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^xxxxx\.txt$ http://www.mydomain.com/ [R=301,L]

I hope that work but I can't test it now.[/code]
shkhanal
But what would be the advantage by redirecting that .txt file of your url to the home page? you will not transfer your PR, just will transfer your traffic to that .txt file. After few days when .txt is redirected you will loose that pr 4 of that page too! I don't see any benefit by redirection.
mtorregiani
If you want to sell the domain, or sell links, please... be honest, there's a lot of scammers out there, and it's a real pain in the neck getting scammed.
Besides, if you use a PR checker online, it'll tell you if it's fake (made up with redirections) or real. Don't waste your time!
jenniferrung
shkhanal wrote:
But what would be the advantage by redirecting that .txt file of your url to the home page? you will not transfer your PR, just will transfer your traffic to that .txt file. After few days when .txt is redirected you will loose that pr 4 of that page too! I don't see any benefit by redirection.

I think it is right, if your home page only Pr 1, how could you to make a file to Pr 4? I think it is unnormal.
distantship
Peterssidan wrote:
You can use mod rewrite. You can write something like this in a file called .htaccess at the root (If it doesn't exist you can create one).
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^xxxxx\.txt$ http://www.mydomain.com/ [R=301,L]

I hope that work but I can't test it now.[/code]

thanks so much for your suggestion! would try it out! thanks so much!
distantship
mtorregiani wrote:
If you want to sell the domain, or sell links, please... be honest, there's a lot of scammers out there, and it's a real pain in the neck getting scammed.
Besides, if you use a PR checker online, it'll tell you if it's fake (made up with redirections) or real. Don't waste your time!

hey, i bought this great niche domain name and just happened to find out it actually has a pr4 subpage which i could do something about it and rank faster for my keywords i am trying to rank for if google think the site is actually pr4.....if i can't, it's fine too. So relax, don't assume all people are spammers and i'm not wasting my time here. I am just looking for suggestion for a genuine question i had in mind. I suggest you don't waste your time writing on this thread assuming i'm either trying to sell this domain or trying to sell link with it.
riccopt
why do people worry so much about PR...
people should worry on how their site are on the SERPs... not about the PR...
a site with PR0 can be on a much better position than a PR5 site
distantship
riccopt wrote:

hey i'm not worry so much about PR mate, but you know pr also help with SERPs? may be you don't know actaully cos' all you think about is serps.
riccopt
distantship wrote:
riccopt wrote:

hey i'm not worry so much about PR mate, but you know pr also help with SERPs? may be you don't know actaully cos' all you think about is serps.
PR doesn't affect on SERPs... what affects your SERPs is the amount of pages linking to your website (which is what makes your PR raise)... you can have high PR but LAME results in terms of SEO... how? if the incoming links are from websites that have no relation to the content on your website...