FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scribblenauts

Rate Scribblenauts
5/5
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
4/5
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
3/5
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
2/5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1/5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

nironan12
I love Scribblenauts! Feel free to post reviews, cheats, opinions, and anything related to the game.

I haven't beaten it yet, but I think I've at least played all the puzzle levels. Action levels are another thing.

Favorite level: 8-11 (if you have reached it and don't notice anything about it then you haven't seen a certain movie Wink)

btw a few things to write in the title screen:
write ATHIEST and then GOD Laughing
write VIRGIN and then GAMER Rolling Eyes

You really can write almost everything, although many things go by the same name like "DEATH" and "GRIM REAPER", "STEAK" and "BEEF", "CAR" and "AUTOMOBILE", "SPACECRAFT" and "SPACESHIP", etc.

There's an easter egg thing, well it's not one, but you can write like a meme like "Rick Roll" and "LONGCAT" and "LOLWUT" and a meme reference appears. It's hilarious. Some of my favorites are "OVER NINE THOUSAND" and "PHILOSORAPTER".

And if you write "TELEPORTER" and use it you'll most likely go to the 5th Cell development office, and if you use the magnifying glass on the people you'll see the developers names. Very Happy
weableandbob
I haven't actually played it, but it looks like a fun little game to mess around with. Sadly, my DS has been neglected, and I never play it anymore.
tchaunt
If I could find a cheap copy of it or a free demo, I may play the game. It looks like it would be fun to mess around with trying to get the most unique combinations to solve the puzzles, but I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be after a while. It's a good concept, I suppose, but just a bit too childish for me to be willing to invest the money. :/
Nameless
As a sandbox game? Five out of five, no question. The library of stuff is stupidly impressive and even if the interactions are inevitably simple between them, it's easy to waste hours screwing around inside a single level. And there are a LOT of levels to use as playgrounds.

As a puzzle game? Once you've figured out the general mechanics it becomes a broken, simplistic, repetitious, joke of a mess.

Totally worth it for the sandbox, though.
missdixy
I may actually have to go out and buy this game now Very Happy I've been looking for a new DS game for a while now after I beat the latest Professor Layton..
driftingfe3s
I've head some good things about this game, I might want to try it out. I too haven't touched my DS in ages.
amperx
good thing you made this post, i actually has something new to play, after spirit tracks, games like these, keep the ds alive Very Happy
Nameless
amperx wrote:
good thing you made this post, i actually has something new to play, after spirit tracks, games like these, keep the ds alive Very Happy

... No, just no. Scribblenauts has no staying power over a longer timeframe; it's fun for a bit, then easily shelved. Strategy or arcade games with good multiplayer, open ended games you can get lost in for weeks, DSiware or even just good, long RPGs are more likely to keep the DS alive.

There's really no shortage of good DS games if you look around a bit ...
eday2010
Scribblenauts has not staying power if you have no imagination. Otherwise, that game can keep you amused and occupied for a very long time.

I gave the game 4/5 because the game itself is incredibly awesome and original, but the controls are sometimes annoying. But some of the crazy things you can do in this game more than makes up for that for me. It is one of the best DS games to come out last year. Anyone with a DS should own this game.
Nameless
eday2010 wrote:
Scribblenauts has not staying power if you have no imagination. Otherwise, that game can keep you amused and occupied for a very long time.

As can a piece of paper and a pen.

So that's not really saying much.
wombatrpgs
I hated the puzzle levels. I mean really, they took a bit of getting used to, but then they ceased to really be challenging as much as boring. Just making random stuff interact was fun though, and it's nice to try with the game's dictionary in front of you.
Nameless
wombatrpgs wrote:
and it's nice to try with the game's dictionary in front of you.

By which you mean ... a normal dictionary? Razz
desonium
I also have scribblenauts and I love playing it so i gave the game a 5 Cool
wombatrpgs
Nameless wrote:

By which you mean ... a normal dictionary? Razz

Ha, sometimes it seems that way. But still, you'll never think of everything the creators though to stuff in there.
catscratches
Like Cthulhu?
Nameless
Oh come on, like there was any player who didn't try to summon elder gods, nuclear weapons and black holes within the first five minutes of playing. Very Happy It's the dozens of functionally identical foodstuffs that's actually impressive in their completeness, and the occasional weird not-actually-a-single-noun inclusion like [element] magic that you wouldn't guess without prompting.
wombatrpgs
Yeah, it's not the big stuff so much as the details that really make this game...
iman
The concept of the game is very interesting, and the range of the objects you can make is very big.
However, you'll probably agree that the controls are still not perfect, which sometimes frustrates me.