FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Connection problems with PokerTracker 3 restore

Tony The Tiger
My 2007 Hewlett Packard DV9000T is a widescreen and my 2003 Dell Inspiron is a fullscreen. I generally use my HP to track my poker play. However, some of my charts are not entirely visible in widescreen layout. Thus, I had to back up my entire poker history database (860 MB) to my external hard drive and restore it to my Dell. However, my Dell uses 1.1 USB. I use PokerTracker 3.00 beta 30.1. When I tried to restore using 1.1 USB, after 24 hours it had not completed. I used a converter, which almost makes my 1.1 ports 2.0 ports (probably about 1.Cool. When I tried to transfer with the converter, the database restored on my Dell in about a half hour. How can this be? Is it possible that the software won't restore over a 1.1 connection?
AftershockVibe
A USB 1.x to 2.0 converter? That sounds like fairy dust technology to me.

Anyway, what I'd recommend is copying the backup onto your hard drive before trying to restore it. Windows 7 often breaks for me when I'm copying files over a network and I've found this is an acceptable work-around.
Flarkis
A usb 1.1 to 2.0 converter is in my opinion impossible. If you have a 1.1 port or a 1.1 device, there is a maximum throughput limited by the hardware its self. If you look up i fire hose to a sink it doesn't mean the sink can magically pump out more water. Well usb 1.1 is extremely slow anyways...
Tony The Tiger
AftershockVibe wrote:
what I'd recommend is copying the backup onto your hard drive before trying to restore it. Windows 7 often breaks for me when I'm copying files over a network and I've found this is an acceptable work-around.

That is my current procedure. I have a Seagate 750GB that I do my monthly backups on. I back up my whole dual disc 2007 Hewlett Packard DV9000T, which has two 120GB internal hard drives. In addition I am now using the PokerTracker Backup feature to backup all my hand histories and tournament summaries in PT format so that I can restore it to my Dell.
Tony The Tiger
Flarkis wrote:
A usb 1.1 to 2.0 converter is in my opinion impossible. If you have a 1.1 port or a 1.1 device, there is a maximum throughput limited by the hardware its self. If you look up i fire hose to a sink it doesn't mean the sink can magically pump out more water. Well usb 1.1 is extremely slow anyways...

This thing works. It is faster. You plug from the 1.1 port to the card slot. The card slot device has two USB ports, which are truly faster than 1.1, but not quite 2.0 speed. I have used this for several other issues. These devices can be purchased on eBay and probably in electronics stores.