FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pagerank updated.... check yours..

metalfreek
Hay guys. Pagerank is updated or so it seems. My 0 PR blog jumped to 2.Very Happy What about yours?

My blog: www.crazyblogger.info and off course its hosted in frihost.
leontius
Really a PR update? The PR of my blog http://leapon.net/ stays the same.
jenniferrung
leontius wrote:
Really a PR update? The PR of my blog http://leapon.net/ stays the same.

Haha, that is because your blog just worth it. My site updated from Pr 3 to Pr 4.
the-guide
Constant ( 0 - forever zero ) Laughing for my sites... Laughing
riccopt
as I already stated a lots of times:
PR IS WORTHLESS!!
PR is good for SEARCH ENGINES, but useless in terms of RESULTS people will get on the SERPs...
tchaunt
Actually, PR isn't worthless. The higher your PR, the higher you appear in searches. The higher you appear in searches, the more targeted visitors you get. And with more targeted visitors comes the possibility for more sales if you've got any affiliate programs set up or PPC-ads. Visitors who are actually looking for the content on your site might even link back to you, taking your page rank up even more (thus creating more sales).
riccopt
tchaunt wrote:
Actually, PR isn't worthless. The higher your PR, the higher you appear in searches.
NOT TRUE... you can have HIGH PR, but your website is not optimized for certain terms, so for those certain terms you will get lower SERP results than websites that have more relevant content for the term...

tchaunt wrote:
The higher you appear in searches, the more targeted visitors you get. And with more targeted visitors comes the possibility for more sales if you've got any affiliate programs set up or PPC-ads. Visitors who are actually looking for the content on your site might even link back to you, taking your page rank up even more (thus creating more sales).

almost all above is true... except for the part where you say that surfer might link to me... surfers don't have websites... webmaster have websites... yes... he might link back to me... but if he thinks that the content I have is important, then most likely he will be smart enough to sign up for the same sponsors and write similar content of his own... and then generate his own sales...
BTW: did you read this thread -> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-111195.html ?

In Brazil there are lots of kyokushin websites that have higher PR than mine, but they are on lower positions on GOOGLE when you search for KYOKUSHIN (brazil websites only)...

PR is made by a STUPID formula (that I won't share here) but it takes the PR of the pages that link to your website divide that by the number of LINKS on that page (in site links and out site links) than you get that value and divide the PR of the page by it... that will give you some points to raise your PR... but also the PR of your page will be reduced (or raised) due to the amount of links on your page...

I hope that helps a little bit... once again: PR IS WORTHLESS...