FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Palawan, Philippines

rogue_skydragon

I have a very strong desire to someday visit this place. It's not entirely impossible, fortunately, because I have family in the Philippines. It looks, well, magical. Have you ever been here? Anybody have any stories to share?
microsnitch
That a nice shot from Palawan. I'm from the Philippines too but I haven't been there yet. I hope this year I'll be able to. Smile
crimson_aria
I live in the Philippines as well, and same, I've never been there. My friends and I have been planning to go since like, 2 years ago? and still we haven't up to now. I really wish we could go there this year. It looks absolutely amazing.
deanhills
Looks like a magical place to be. Diving has to be awesome there. I checked out a Website, and wonder how long this place will stay so pristine however. Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt used to be a divine place to dive, and too much commercial activity with having too many tourists and divers has wrecked so much of the coral reefs. Last time I was there there were at least 8 boats parked next to one another in one diving site, all one could see were bubbles everywhere with logical consequences for the sea life.
http://www.palawan.com/
rogue_skydragon
I really hope the pristine nature of Palawan does not deteriorate. I need it to stay the way it is until I get there!
jilbs
guess the only way to preserve nature is to let it alone and don't commercialize it.

no tourist = no coral destruction