FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who actually uses their cPanel Email?!

dan751
I was wondering if anyone besides me uses the email account that is included with cPanel. I use it as the webmaster email account.Very Happy
budazz
i dont use it im afraid of the spammer....though it has a spam assasin...not yet sure... Sad
Nameless
I don't use it, it's too much trouble. besides, what would be the point in having several different e-mail accounts?
yupeng
I don;t use Cpanel Email account.
But some times,it is needed,such as your need to prove your webmaster right
darrell
I prefer to use my gmail since i have stick to it for some time.
OutlawSpirit
yes... i use horde all the time Cool
the666bbq
cPanel is nice to walk in from time to time ... I have used it as my file managing tool for some time when I could not access my files through any other ftp client but that is not the easiest way to work. It can be nice to read the stats from time to time, and bluntly manage all what there is to config (users,...)
I would not have a hosting where I cannot have cPanel
shwetanshu
actually i sort of use my cpanel mail. i have bought a domain name, so i just use Horde to check my domain mail.

The original id which was provided, i use it rarely
dan751
darrell wrote:
I prefer to use my gmail since i have stick to it for some time.

I still use my Gmail account for all personal stuff. But I can fetch my new mail from Gmail if I want to.Very Happy
n0obie4life
I just made a

admin@<domain>.com and it redirects to my gmail.
silvermesh
I check all my email addresses(gmail included) from outlook. that includes both the emails I have set up under my domain name, as well as several others.
dan751
silvermesh wrote:
I check all my email addresses(gmail included) from outlook. that includes both the emails I have set up under my domain name, as well as several others.

I like your thinking.Cool Ordinarily, I would do the same, but for some strange reason, Outlook has never been able to connect to any of my email accounts. I have though, recently been considering using Thunderbird.

Noobie4life, does your redirect/forward show who the original sender is?
gonzo
budazz wrote:
i dont use it im afraid of the spammer....though it has a spam assasin...not yet sure... Sad

I dont use frihostuser@frihost.com but I have a few IMAP accounts for blog management.

SpamAssassin is easy to use until you start teaking it. If spam is a major concern for you, especially if you have no email etiquette, then perhaps we can convince Bondings to install Razor and DCC! Very Happy

- Set your SA threashold to 3.2
- enable the SPAM box
-- this is most advantageous to IMAP use
- set all your domains default address to:

:fail:
Monkeydog
I'm way to lazy to use more than one email account.I use my hotmail one even though I have Gmail since whenever I get email it just goes straight to hotmail and all I have to is log on to MSN(which i'm usally always on).
Hell I'm way to lazy to even check my email >.<
xorcist
I use the email sometimes. But when I buy a domain I will use it even more because I dont like having th eemail whatever@xorcist.frihost.com
gonzo
xorcist wrote:
I buy a domain I will use it even more

cPanel's configuration of the default webmail clients bugs me. SO much so that I've started using the latest dev builds of

http://ilohamail.org/main.php

The dev builds add GREAT filtering POWER, and proper handling of cPanel's SpamBox for IMAP. It's also easy to setup in SQL mode.
LostOverThere
I dont, only because I dont own a domain...
Because, with my SubDomain it would be like.

postmaster@cheesegames.frihost.net

Far, Far to Long.
yjwong
I use it sometimes only... Just to prevent spam in my main email account
Jamatu
We have e-mail accounts O.o I won't use it though I don't have any need to.
Dragonfly
I'm using the webmaster email ID. I keep getting one spam or the other, but even any free email services are the same. They all come with spam emails. So, i don't really mind it, since this way I can have email using my own domain. Thanks to frihost.
Sunny
Dragonfly wrote:
I'm using the webmaster email ID. I keep getting one spam or the other, but even any free email services are the same. They all come with spam emails. So, i don't really mind it, since this way I can have email using my own domain. Thanks to frihost.

You can use your frihost address with Gmail 2gb+ Space, Better spam filter + all Gmail features

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11428
ldnet
i just use my gmail account hey lol, i got like 100 invites left so all i do is jsut foward it to my account and thats it.
Dimaod
I am no using it....
I am using my Gmail one...
I think email is to long Wink
myrevolt
haha i don't like having to worry about what goes where, so I have my master email accounts and then some yahoo email accounts to send any possible spam to. yeah too much trouble to set up the built in email Rolling Eyes Wink btw, shwetanshu nice avatar, i am jealous Razz hehe
jongoldsz
I would use it if we got more space with webhosting because I get a lot of emails.
Also, I would use the pop3 feature because I hate logging in twice. First to cpanel, then to webmail. (I can't remember the url to webmail)
budazz
n0obie4life wrote:
I just made a

how can you please teach me... Idea
DarkYuke
I've never used the email account on the cpanel before. Way too cumbersome and way too slow. Wait. Thats just my laptop.
n0obie4life
1. Login to cpanel. I'm sure you made a mail account.

Now select this

Then select this

Then select add a new filter

Do this

Done.

I sure deserve some cookies for spending 15 mins.
charliehk
Though I don't use it, I think it is useful for Intranet users to send messages. The interface is web-based which is easy to use. Smile
gonzo
Dragonfly wrote:
. They all come with spam emails. .

no, no they don't. Poor email etiquette is the most common cause of spam receiption. Your account it YOURS. Don't tolerate people abusing YOUR stuff.

Have clueless friends who like to mass forward barrels of crap email? And put YOUR address in either the TO or CC fields? Smack them around. REQUIRE them to put YOUR address in BCC.

{rant postponed for later use}

jongoldsz wrote:
Also, I would use the pop3 feature

Have you tried fetching your email IMAP style? (Please don't ask me, "What's that?" when you're perfectly capable of looking up an answer yourself)

Quote:
I can't remember the url to webmail)

What are you smoking? Wink

yourdomain.frihost.net/webmail

budazz wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
I just made a

how can you please teach me... Idea

Um you could use email filtering, or you could write an entire mail handling suite.... or you could use, gee, I dunno, forwarders

click mail icon

click forwarders

click add forwarder

pick your domain, enter "admin" (or greenmonkey, or sunnylovesyou, or whatever) in the first field, and the address to which you'd like messages forwarded in the second field

click the add button, and see the summary screens.

tada!
php_wizard_l33t
I do not use the assigned email address by the server, no.
I create my own to use for differnet uses.
Say if I have a forum I create forum@demonzofheaven.com instead of just using phpwizar@demonzofheaven.com.

Note: these email address do NOT work; they are not setup.
dan751
Noobie, does the forwarder show you the original sender's email??
ChunkyBustout
When it comes to mail sent to my domain, I think the mail offered through Frihost's cPanel is great! They even give you 3 web clients to access it with. Problem-free, fast and excellent spam filters. Other then space limitation, i think its a better setup than Gmail.
needlz
well one of the reasons why i want a frihost account is:
i want email accounts with my domain (eg. user@mydomain.ch) Very Happy

there are not many free webhosters who provide such a nice service...!
D Lightbulb
well

i got like tons of these squirrel mail thingys...

I only use my hotmail tho :/

GIVE ME GMAIL PLZ )':
dan751
D Lightbulb wrote:
well

i got like tons of these squirrel mail thingys...

I only use my hotmail tho :/

GIVE ME GMAIL PLZ )':

The Squirrel mail is a pretty neat client, clean interface too.

I can invite you to Gmail if you want.Very Happy Just PM me your email address.Smile
Daniel15
On my other free hosting account (at a different host), I use my cPanel email. I turned on the 'Catchall' feature, so everytime I sign up for a site I use a different email (eg. websitename [at] dansoftaustralia.net, etc). All these go to my main account (dansoft [at] dansoftaustralia.net). Then, if I ever get spam, I know what site caused the spam Very Happy

Otherwise, I don't really use my cPanel email much (for the site I have hosted here). On my previous host, I suddenly received 300 spam/virus emails in the period of about 5 seconds. Needless to say, my host's server slowed down considerably. I have no idea why this happened (that was the only time it's ever happened). Now, I still get some spam emails (all 'Important Business Notice'-type emails)

Quote:
I don't use it, it's too much trouble. besides, what would be the point in having several different e-mail accounts?

What's wrong with different email accounts? I've got heaps of email accounts (old ISP, new ISP, dansoft australia, stickboarder, school, yahoo, gmail and one more I can't remember)
Juppe
ok well i understand
n0obie4life
dan751 wrote:
Noobie, does the forwarder show you the original sender's email??

Yeah Smile
budazz
its a fake...you mean Crying or Very sad
n0obie4life
budazz wrote:
its a fake...you mean Crying or Very sad

huh? Whats a fake?
dan751
Kewl, Thanks for letting me know Noobie.Cool
chatrack
Hi,

I use Yahoo mail and Gmail and Rediffmail only.

Becouse I is having more functions, and more grapic to
give a nice look.

___..____...____..____

No more Fraud in Chatroom!

www.chatrack.frihost.net
shkhanal
I am also using this email address for my admin account!
deanhills
I tried it out and it didn't work. So am using my Webmail accounts instead. Perhaps those who have been using CPanel e-mail have some tips and can share experiences?
hofodomo01
I use mine. All website-related mail goes there, not that I get too much traffic anyways. Helps with keeping everything nice and tidy.
mwsupra
I use it, but I never check it there. I just have it forwarded to my main email.
o_man
I will use it simply because it's convenient
Lady Elensar
I just set up one Laughing But I won't use it... it's more like, ...I love my Gmail account Embarassed
missdixy
Nope, I use gmail and only gmail, except for school-matters.
o_man
missdixy wrote:
Nope, I use gmail and only gmail, except for school-matters.

what makes you like gmail? The free pop3 is nice, but i won't you it for privacy concerns and I'm just not a fan of UI. It reminds me too much of iTunes.
Kaseas
I don't, but if I did I'd forward it to my gmail. Gmail is the bomb.
Honolulu
Image 404 :/
Sphaerenkern
I have added it in Apple Mail, but since noone knows this address, I receive no mail Very Happy
It's to inconvenient for me to use it as my main account 'cause maybe I won't post anymore here and then my webspace will be deleted and I have to give all the people who know my frihost-address a new contact address... no thanks.
k_s_baskar
dan751 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone besides me uses the email account that is included with cPanel. I use it as the webmaster email account.Very Happy

yes i am using email accounts created with cpanel and i use this interface to access all my pop3 mail accounts.
http://www.mail2web.com

Smile
pashmina
I don't want to be spammed.
but i like to use it with google apps, the combination makes a perfect solution
standready
I don't use it. I have too many email accounts to keep with as it stands.
Insanity
I don't use the CP's email but I just use Gmail's applications for domains. I like their interface way better, and it's more reliable since it's on Gmail's servers.
sheedatali
I only use cp for hosting my site, my email is hosted somewhere else. I just do not want to take control of my mail since it is properly done/filtered etc automatically and I have never had a problem with it hence I have not found a reason to leave my current hosting and migrate it here.
snowynight
When there are more stable and larger email service, why do we have to bother to create one of our own?
Zombie
I use the email linked to cpanel all the time, that way i am always informed about my server status
tony
Cpanel has e-mail?

:p
bonestorm74
Um, no. I already have about 15 mail accounts, I don't need to be adding any more. Wink
heartnet
I still use my free gmail acc and yahoo emali
But I hate yahoo mail so much so I love gmail
I don't like to use cPanel email
domain name is so long Razz
shkumbin
I use the cPanel email, because I want to llok professional with an e-mail with my domain, but on the other side I hate using Outlook, but on my website I have a contact form that send me every email to my Gmail account which is easier to use.
apple
I don't use mine Embarassed
spring567
I didn't use it . It is no enough space for me . I use free e-mail, for example , gmail
Agent ME
I use Thunderbird as my email client and I've set it to retrieve email automatically from all of my accounts, but I mainly give out to people and reply with my gmail address.
PennyLane
Oh Very Happy It seems to me I learned something new today :p Embarassed
mtorregiani
I did, but It's always full of spam... and sometimes, it takes more time to receive the mails. Gmail is a lot faster. So is yahoo.
jsarnold
I have a cPanel email address?
m-productions
I use both my own, and my cpanel for my admin address, just makes me feel all good to have my own email such as that =P
vineeth
Today, I made a complex email system for my CPanel email. It works like this..

I changed the MX entry so that all emails send to my domain (http://www.vineethlive.com) will be forwarded to Google custom mail service. Here, I have set up some accounts like admin, webmaster etc. I set forwading for all incoming mails to my primary GMail account. On my primary GMail account, I set labels and filters along with an option that enables me to send email "from" any address.

Finally the system will work as follows. All mails send to my designated email addresses will be forwaded to my primary GMail account with a flag that it is being send to a specific account at vineethlive.com and not to my primary GMail account. Then, I will reply to those messages from my primary GMail account but it will appear as if I send them from my domain email.

A bit of work initially but now, I can send and receive emails like admin@vineethlive.com and webmaster@vineethlive.com from my primary GMail account itself.
Arty
I'm using the cPanel email for my domain right now. I don't know another way to use my domain as email. Smile
vineeth
Even though my email system that I just explained above works fine, I am still in doubt.

What if Frihost server offline at the moment I receive a mail at my domain email? Will the server then be able to forward it to GMail servers using the MX entry I made in the CPanel? Is there a chance for loss of email in this situation?

Please let me know..
PatTheGreat42
We have a cpanel email address? TOTALLY AWESOME!
ProfessorY91
Use Gmail to check xxxx@<domain>.com hosted by Frihost. Pretty simple, easy, and not a lot of trouble. What I'm wondering is if anybody finds cPanel itself to be slightly annoying at times...
shkhanal
is there any bad on using email from cpanel? .
vineeth
shkhanal wrote:
is there any bad on using email from cpanel? .

No, you can use email from CPanel itself using one of the three clients available. But as it is convenient to use our web mail through a well known interface like GMail, its easy. That's all..
prithvi
I don't use the cpanel account because I only use my Gmail email address, for all purposes.

I have abandoned all my earlier accounts, including the Hotmail, Yahoo etc. for Gmail.
Fatality
I have never used it yet. I don't really have a use for it since the site I host doesn't require people to contact me. I would probably just use my gmail email anyway since that is the one I check all the time. Although, I could probably set up gmail to send/recieve the site email. Just not needed in my case.
ankitdatashn
Never used Cpanel Email, actually the problem is if we use too many emails then we have to remember their passwords also which becomes a much tedious task, So I keep only general emails rather then creating new ones.
Donutey
Eh, regardless of how well it works, it would just waste space that could be used for other things on my site.
Parkour_Jarrod
Eh i do mines parkourjarrod@ghs.frih.org, short and sweet
biljap
I don’t use it anymore because I don’t need to leave my email address on the website but, you must agree that it’s kind of nice to see that email is connected with the website… Once I created webmaster email and used it to contact other webmasters or visitors, I didn’t want them on my private email.
Tphilakone
I used to have it when my hosting is working well . But now my hosting provider is not good and some time down,some time database gone so i dont use it anymore
evilgeniuself
I didn't know it existed, to be quite honest. I just use Gmail and Yahoo...
carlospro7
That's a good question. I have not found a need to use my cPanel email account. Maybe when I finish my site I'll use as an webmaster/admin contact email.