FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Zelda classic ?

pll
Well,
A week ago I found my dusty Nintendo Entertaining System it was hidden for years in my house.
Last time I used it I was like 4 years old, and now I'm 18. The console was there for 14 years now and it still works!

Here's some pictures of what the games looks like:

I'm stuck in the level 5 dungeon, and I don't know what to do to kill the Boss.

Is there any other players of this old game ?
I really like old games!
desonium
pll wrote:
Well,
A week ago I found my dusty Nintendo Entertaining System it was hidden for years in my house.
Last time I used it I was like 4 years old, and now I'm 18. The console was there for 14 years now and it still works!

Here's some pictures of what the games looks like:

I'm stuck in the level 5 dungeon, and I don't know what to do to kill the Boss.

Is there any other players of this old game ?
I really like old games!

No sorry I don't have played that game, but I also like playing old games like the frist mario and duck shootout on the first nintendo Cool never forgot that and the last time I played is like 10 maybe 12 years ago.

good luck with defeating the boss Wink
william
Woo, that brings back some good times. I last played that game about a year and a half ago just to have a little fun. Now I want to continue. Very Happy It really is a great game, and the start of one of the best game franchises ever.

I was actually just recently playing A Link to the Past (for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System) and that's exquisite. I'm going to see if I can find that and the two NES games as well.

As for old games, I do enjoy playing them; and in many cases moreso than modern games. Back then, especially in the SNES era, games were all about quality and fun. This lead to the birth of some amazing franchises and dozens and dozens of games you could stick with for hours. It really was the golden age of gaming. I often find myself playing early Nintendo and Sega games just for the sake of quality gaming.
weableandbob
While I'm not a huge fan of old games, I have to admit the original Zelda is amazing Very Happy
cozziekuns
Yeah, Zelda will always be pro and pwn. Old games are fun to play if you have a lot of spare time on your hands, and I find myself occasionally playing them. But the graphics aren't really eye candy if you catch my drift.
Nameless
Maybe it's just because I played the N64 and SNES Zelda games with all their features first, but when I tried out the original Legend of Zelda I fought it somewhat ... lackluster. The openness and Second Quest were definite pluses compared to later games, but it had too many of the general flaws from that era of games to enjoy much. I mean, how often did exploring the dungeons degenerate into randomly pushing / bombing walls to advance?
Magicman
I've played this game on the computer and it is good but its not as easy to figure out what to do as it is for the newer Legend of Zelda games. I found myself wandering around a lot not knowing where to go. And the fact that whenever you get a game over, you start in the same place makes it somewhat frustrating and confusing at times.
Grim
I like playing the classic Zeldas on Wii's Virtual Console. Big screen and good Classic Controller! Zelda II - Adventure of Link is also quite recommendable. Razz
PureReborn
The first one definately has some magic. Even after all this time I still like the 2D zeldas better than 3D (and yes I played them all except the orcales of seaons/ages).

Looking forward to the next one though, 1-1 motion control sounds interesting.
soljarag
I loved playing Zelda when i was a kid... I cant even think about how many hours i spent playing that game.... all the other zelda games were meh.... I hated Zelda 2