FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obama

shenyl
Is Obama honey-moon period as president over?

The lists of verbal and written dis-comfort with Obama presidency is growing.

Can this be the norm when the honey moon period?
ocalhoun
It is normal, but Obama's case shows it especially well.

Few other presidents have been as popular when elected, and no other president has lost that popularity so quickly before.
jwellsy
I would say that the honeymoon with the people has not ended, yet. The mainstream US media created the Obama personna and they still will go to any lengths and measures to not report the full truths about Obama and his administration. Only after Fox News shames them a few weeks for not reporting a story that they may eventually have one little byline just to fulfill their petty journalist duties, like the self proclaimed Communist Obama Czar Van Jones that stepped down at midnight on a Sunday, or any of the 3 dozen other Marxists, Maoists and other flavors of radicals that Obama has surrounded himself with as advisors.

The average citizen is starting to wake up to all the lies, despite the continuing lack of journalistic integrity. The honeymoon with the liberal biased media will continue. Obama's popularity of less than 50% is still being inflated by the media, If the media were to consistently present both sides of the facts fairly, his popularity would plummet to unbelievable levels.

His honeymoon with other world leaders is over. He is a joke on the world stage now with his God like audio reverb cranked way up. Even the other thug dictators around the world that admire Obama's Chicago style thugocracy leadership style openly mock and laugh at his man-childishness.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
His honeymoon with other world leaders is over. He is a joke on the world stage now with his God like audio reverb cranked way up. Even the other thug dictators around the world that admire Obama's Chicago style thugocracy leadership style openly mock and laugh at his man-childishness.
I don't think I would ever call the President of the United States a joke. For me it is more a case of people having been very idealistic about Obama, and now realize that he is just another President like any of the Presidents before. The fact that that is disappointing is that he had built huge expectations with all his famous speeches, and perhaps out of disillusionment with Bush, people tended to hype him up more than they should have. I'm sure he is a very intelligent man and must know what his limitations are. If any credibility has been lost internationally with regard to the United States it is more along financial lines with what had happened in September of last year. And also how indebted the United States has become to China. I don't think all of that can be blamed on Obama, more on the two-party political system that has become so heavy with layers of regulations and administration, that no one can really move very far in any direction for making meaningful changes. I don't know where I read it, but usually a President gets 18 months to really work on Government initiatives, and Bush is still in his first 12 months. I don't think the honeymoon is quite over yet, but people have probably become more cynical in their expectations.
MYP415
The honeymoon is starting to end with a lot of the regular population thankfully, but parts of the media are still over-reporting on things that really don't matter. Not surprising though considering the special interest ties.
deanhills
MYP415 wrote:
but parts of the media are still over-reporting on things that really don't matter. Not surprising though considering the special interest ties.
Obama seems to have always been the darling of the media, and probably no wonder as he has quite a lot of natural charm that sells well with the media, for example in shows like with David Letterman and Ophrah, he is completely at ease. Michelle is just as natural with the media. But yes, over and above there are also special interest ties to consider.
TEReview
As a Canadian I like Obama its a shame he is having such a hard time with this health care bill, by the sounds of things the American's would greatly benefit from this.
deanhills
TEReview wrote:
As a Canadian I like Obama its a shame he is having such a hard time with this health care bill, by the sounds of things the American's would greatly benefit from this.
Perhaps they will, once it has been properly sorted out. In its current shape the Bill may be too complicated, too costly and too chaotic to implement. It most certainly does not have an overall majority vote. People in the United States do want health reform, but they want a reform they can understand and afford. Canada has a completely different set-up than the one that the US Health Care Bill is proposing. It took enormous hard work to get the health insurance for all in Canada, and they did it the proper way from the roots up. In other words every Province debated and deliberated every aspect of it, guided by a Federal Legislative Commission of Enquiry. They also worked from a tried and tested model in Saskatchewan, and then other Provinces worked from that model too. By the time the Bill was introduced in Canada Parliament, almost all aspects of it had been agreed upon, and it was almost unanimously accepted.

In the US all of the above process is enormously complicated and debated on the Federal level top down. Every time they get an obstacle for obtaining a vote in Congress or the Senate, the Obama team just negotiates and paper over an additional provision or regulation, so much so that the Bill is now more than 1000 pages long. There are many people who say that it would be better to start fresh so that the Bill can be simplified. I agree with them.
spring567
I don't like Obama.
desonium
I think it is normal that the complaints against a president start growing after a while. You can say that Obama's honeymoon is indeed over if you look it that way. I like Obama more than Bush, so he is doing well at the moment Cool I guess it isn't easy to be president of the US, because there a so many people, who all have their own opinions about steps Obama makes. So it is normal that a president can't do always the right thing and the complaints against him grow with the time.
menino
Obama got married again???

But seriously, he has delayed a lot of projects and promises.
But I think he has and is doing something, albeit slowly.

Maybe that's his strategy - slowly change!
handfleisch
menino wrote:

Obama has actually accomplished a lot and been very productive. But you are right that a lot of his promises are still being worked on. Here is his record on promises so far:

Tracking Obama’s promises
105 Promise Kept
35 Compromise
17 Promise Broken
85 Stalled
259 In the Works

From http://politifact.com/
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
menino wrote:

Obama has actually accomplished a lot and been very productive. But you are right that a lot of his promises are still being worked on. Here is his record on promises so far:

Tracking Obama’s promises
105 Promise Kept
35 Compromise
17 Promise Broken
85 Stalled
259 In the Works

From http://politifact.com/

You voluntarily included Obama's 'promise broken' stat?
I'm impressed.
deanhills
I'm really not crazy about stats like these. For example, there are more important and less important promises and it is easy to total up easy promises. I have not heard anyone talking about GITMO lately. And it is getting almost one and a half year since Obama took office. GITMO is still there. I thought we were going to get more transparency of government spending, yet no reporting on the bail out expenditure. I would love to see the expenditure on Obama's campaign for the health care reform bill, and which budget will be funding that. The Government's reporting on finances is still as clear as mud. And not much different to Lehman Bros reporting before its collapse. Perhaps the same accounting rules are used, where reporting is selective and confusing enough so that one rarely has the complete picture in front of you. In other words, zero transparency.
handfleisch
deanhills wrote:
I'm really not crazy about stats like these. For example, there are more important and less important promises and it is easy to total up easy promises.

You're right, but you could always follow the link and look up which promises were which
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I'm really not crazy about stats like these. For example, there are more important and less important promises and it is easy to total up easy promises.

You're right, but you could always follow the link and look up which promises were which

You mean, I need to search through the hundreds of promises? Shocked I did try GITMO though, and could not find it. I was looking for it in this Website:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/