FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website Designer Software

Website Designer Software
Dreamweaver
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
Frontpage
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

darrell
What software you prefer to use when creating websites?
cipga
I use dreamwever 8 and sometimes when I need a text editor I use Context, i love it because it's free, and because you can custom and also can download already customized highliters for it. Finally I don't have problem with editing the Apache config file. Now everything what is important is highlighted.

But now that Macromedia merged into Adobe, who knows what whill happen. Maybe a Dreamlive will appear on market
tommy.studio
I use frontpage in the most time
because I think d- is too more useless button(I think).
I don't need these button
And I think these cause the programme load slower
Wink
S3nd K3ys
That's a pretty useless poll with only 2 entries.

I use a text editor and Gimp. No vote cast.

:shrug:
Eyre
yeah..... Embarassed ......im cheap. free host, free domain name, free graphics program (GIMP) and notepad. Embarassed
Defsanguje
raildr
I have used DM in the past and still do occaisionaly. My tool of choice is WeBuilder http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/. It allows you to see changes as you code it, but it is not WYSIWYG in the strict sense. You can change your CSS, save it and see what it does.

WYSIWYG type programs are great for learning. I have tried most every web tool out there and after years of exploring settled on WeBuilder.

I still rely upon FireWorks for most graphic needs as well as PhotoShop Elements with a liberal dose of IrfanView.
kany
Well dreamweaver is my choise because it has got more advanced options then frontpage Also it has got a more friendly interface and has got almost every option for advanced web designing.
n0obie4life
GIMP + Crimson Editor
<>
Ace Html - Paint - PhotoShop - FrontPage
nntien
darrell wrote:
What software you prefer to use when creating websites?

I like DreamWeave so much, but I am always not an expert of this software! Very Happy
gino0
Photoshop + Dreamweaver. Laughing Laughing
Deji
Dreamweaver definately but more recently ive been trying to use notepad more.

Rolling Eyes
xorcist
I use Dreamweaver it is good and it easier to use.
Lukrasha
niether. Notepad all the way.
lockwolf
Good ol Notepad when it comes to most things. when I'm doing a lot of graphics stuff and need stuff in certain spots, I use a program called Nvu.
Slowhand
Well I have chosen Dreamweaver because its a nice program from Macromedia. Its very easy to use and for some people its nice because of the WYSIWYG editor function.
Lukrasha
hmmm, I don't really like WYSIWYG, It just seems like it takes all the creativity and challenge out of it. I mean come on, it does everything for you! But I do use crimson editor, but thats a notepad-type program that just color codes tags and stuff, doesn't do it for you. You still have to know good 'ol html, php, javascript, etc.
asim
Photoshop and Notepad++
LostOverThere
asim wrote:
Photoshop and Notepad++

Dude, he asked which one of the two do you prefer. If you're going to say something else at least say why.
J-Evil
I only use notepad. Even though I can't see changes until I've saved and reloaded my page, I prefer it over things like dreamweaver, etc. Because I feel limited as to what I can do visually because of auto margins, etc. or don't know how to do something so I just stick to hand-coding.
Bones
I use Dreamweaver because you can use the GUI to code or code by hand if you like. Depends on what mood I am in at the time, or how much time I really want to spend on the project.
blueray
Hmm... I think just two options are enough.

It does't include Adobe GoLive, Fusion etc.

Anyway, I like dreamweaver as it provides simple but powerful extension arch.
And have extensive web script support.
Thundercloud
Notepad is what I use although I have tried some of the free ones they are too difficult to work with in my opinion. How hard is it to click save change the name to a .html page and then view it not hard at all.
Sphaerenkern
Well, there are a bit little possibilities, heh? Frontpage is - in my opinion - not very useful, Dreamweaver is too expensive for me.
So I use Coda for coding (HTML, CSS and stuff) and Seashore for image manipulation.
(You know, Paint sucks and Photoshop is too expensive, so... uh, it wasn't asked Very Happy )
b4r4t
But ... Dreamweaver is for Coding/Developing websites ... for designing You use Graphic programs ...

I use Photoshop , and Dreamweaver 8 (but only in coder view - I don't use WYSIWYG future at all).
inventor
I use dreamweaver since it's the simplest to use but when making a simple website i try using notepad.
Dreamweaver works nicely with photoshop, especially with cs3.
biljap
Definitely Dreamweaver or some text editor when I don’t need WYSIWYG functions.
smartpandian
Dreamweaver...

Frontpage is no way near to Dreamweaver
sambhav
For designing purpose dreamweaver is the best but I also use editplus using which I can connect to remote ftp server and directly edit and save file there. The best thing about it is that its very light.
carlospro7
dreamweaver == Very Happy

Frontpage == Laughing
DecayClan
Well, i use neither of them...
I use Namo WebEditor 5
I think that it is very nice...
A, and i also dislike frontpage...So if i was to vote between them, i would vote for dreamweaver