FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doctor Who

Tuvitor
Wow, no Doctor Who thread on the newest eight pages or so?

Well it's time for a new one.

Anyone here a fan of Time Lords, Daleks, the Doctor and his TARDIS?

I'm looking forward to the End of Time Part Two, and seeing David Tennant's regeneration into Matt Smith's 11th Doctor.

I am not sure what the spoiler policy is here, so I won't go on too much about the Time Lords returning and my speculations on Timothy Dalton's Time Lord character.

I'm also looking forward to the coming Series Five now that Steven Moffat is taking the reins of the show from Russel T. Davies.

P.S. I'm not really big on Torchwood, as Captain Jack is a little too Mary Sue for my likes. I did however like Children of Earth.
Enterprise
I'm a big DW fan myself! I really hope The End of Time part 2 is better than part 1, if you ask me, part one was the worst RTD has ever written. It had it's moments, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it could've been a lot more coherent and generally better. I absolutely loved all the parts with Wilf. I thought Bernard Cribbins did an excellent job, and the connection between him and David Tennant was really touching. I also liked the bit where the Doctor was able to hear the drums in the Master's head, I really hope we learn more about that in part two. The whole bit I liked least was with the two bright green aliens, they really served very little purpose, story-wise, and could have easily been taken out entirely and their significance given to another character we already had on hand. And what was with the Obama obsession? Last time we saw the Master he killed a fictional American president, so why bring the real guy into this? Just confused me.

P.S. I'm an almost shameless Captain Jack fan, Torchwood is great, imho. xD Barring the death of my other favorite TW character in CoE, I thought it was some of RTD's best.
tchaunt
Sadly, I've missed this entire season due to schedule issues. I'm going to have to find all the episodes somewhere to catch up on them. Out of all the 10th Doctor episodes, I personally love The Waters of Mars the most.

I know that losing David is going to kill me. I saw maybe three episodes with the 9th Doctor, but after that, I can truly say I've grown up with the 10th Doctor. It's going to be hard on me to lose David for the new actor, who I really don't like so far. ><;
medesignz
Off topic but I made an amalgamation of the doctors.

Check the pic

or View how it was made http://www.morphthing.com/image/20234331-10-11-jpeg-7-9-jpeg-4-6-jpeg-1-3-jpeg?key=21e26eff6c43c0062ed50c5fa6d003c5
Radar
Yes, Doctor Who is fantastic.

In Australia, so still waiting to find out what the End of Time is going to air. So far I haven't been able to track down any information on it.

I'm very interested to see how in the coming year, the change of Doctor, and change of executive producer, is going to affect the show. Stephen Moffat will be able to display his creative genius in a new way, and we'll be able to see how the new series handles it's next Doctor. Christopher Eccleston - though I love what he did - sadly only stayed for one series, so this is our first major change of Doctor. How they're going to handle that transition is going to be very very interesting...
tchaunt
I certainly believe the next season has the potential to destroy Doctor Who with two major changes, but I'm trying to hope for the best.
Radar
tchaunt wrote:
I certainly believe the next season has the potential to destroy Doctor Who with two major changes, but I'm trying to hope for the best.

... have you seen the old series? Doctor Who survived for 26 years, with many different executive producers, and countless different Doctors. I think it would take quite a bit, and quite a few really bad decisions combined, to 'destroy' Doctor Who.

Short of the show being cancelled I mean. That only takes one bad decision on the part of an executive.
gandalfthegrey
When is the new season starting?
jwellsy
I think the Cat Nuns are strangely sexy.
My favorite episodes are the "Are you my mommy?", and the one where he came face to face with the devil chained deep in an asteroid next to a black hole.
shingopx7
Hello Guys....I have a site from where I watch this show. Its good show and I always watch this show online.

Download Two and a Half Men Episodes , Watch Big Brother Episodes
Radar
gandalfthegrey wrote:
When is the new season starting?

Sunday, April 18, 6:30 p.m. Or two days earlier if you feel like using iView.

Earliest we've ever had a season of the new series.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/abc_tv/2010/03/doctor-who-launches-in-australia-on-abc-iview.html
medesignz
or about 4 hours ago in the UK... it was a good one Very Happy
Radar
medesignz wrote:
or about 4 hours ago in the UK... it was a good one Very Happy

Ssh. Okay, yes, I forgot that I was posting to an international forum. My bad.
medesignz
Has anyone else seen it?
slashnburn99
Matt Smith's is doing well, good luck to him
medesignz
This series is getting better and better... The Moff is doing a great job Very Happy
Radar
The Pandorica opens! 26th of June 2010!

Hoping it's good.
medesignz
It is the 26th today... Nothing has happened... or will anything thing not happen till this evening? Laughing
Radar
Maybe it happened and we all forgot, because time was unwritten, and then rewritten?
medesignz
Hello old post.

I want to restart the Doctor Who thread because the new series has begun AND the 50th anniversary is around the corner... WOOO!

Who enjoys this show?