FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shoutcast statistics (cURL or fsockopen)

darkeagle
Hi,

I made new blog (www.radiouludag.com) on Server 1 and I installed Shout Stream plugin to it.

I have stream at home and I configured this plugin for my stream.

But I have a problem. This plugin doesn't show statistics of my shoutcast stream.

So I got contacted to plugin's author and he tried my stream at his blog successfully.
Then I tried this plugin at my friend's blog (another host) successfully.

This plugin has 2 method to get statistics of my shoutcast stream. They are cURL and fsocket.
When I am trying cURL method, I got error that says "STREAM CONNECT FAILED" and when trying fsocket method, I got this error:

Code:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to serven.dyndns.org:8000 (Connection timed out) in /home/darkeagl/public_html/radiouludag/wp-content/plugins/shout-stream/shout-stream.php on line 796

Is there any problem with cURL or fsockopen on Server 1?
AftershockVibe
I don't think FriHost allows opening sockets to remote hosts as they're a security headache. This is something I'm remembering from a long time ago though.

Different servers might have different configurations or, of course, I could be totally wrong!
darkeagle
I think Server 1 supports cURL...
mOrpheuS
darkeagle wrote:
When I am trying cURL method, I got error that says "STREAM CONNECT FAILED" and when trying fsocket method, I got this error:

Code:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to serven.dyndns.org:8000 (Connection timed out) in /home/darkeagl/public_html/radiouludag/wp-content/plugins/shout-stream/shout-stream.php on line 796

I'm guessing "STREAM CONNECT FAILED" is a friendly message which probably means the same as the error you get with fsockopen.

Can you try out the same with your IP address instead of "serven.dyndns.org" ?
darkeagle
I tried with my ip but nothing changed Sad
inphurno
has anyone got this working or maybe a new attempt at a solution for this?
darkeagle
inphurno wrote:
has anyone got this working or maybe a new attempt at a solution for this?

It seems not Sad
inphurno
i guess we'll have to wait for this one to get solved