FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nena 99 Luftballoons

Ryox
This is a good song that my friend introduced me too, Made me wanna learn about the (GERMAN) Language

WARNING: THE SONG IS IN GERMAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3itLN57R4&feature=related
tdossi
Hello,
Nena I always find fantastically.
Best of all I also find them songs grow old.
Greeting tdossi
mtorregiani
I heard this song for the first time like 3 years ago. I enjoy listening to it, it made me research a bit more about Nena, and I found out that it was just a One Hit Wonder
tdossi
Hello,
Nena sang many other hits.
How:

* 1989: Wunder gescheh'n
* 1990: Komm, lieber Mai...
* 1992: Bongo Girl
* 1994: Und alles dreht sich
* 1995: Nena Live
* 1995: Unser Apfelhaus
* 1996: Nena und die Bambus Bären Bande (Soundtrack)
* 1997: Jamma nich
* 1997: Nenas Weihnachtsreise
* 1998: Wenn alles richtig ist, dann stimmt was nich
* 1998: Nenalive
* 1999: Nena macht... Rabatz
* 2001: Chokmah
* 2002: Nenas Tausend Sterne
* 2002: 20 Jahre - Nena feat. Nena
* 2002: Madou und das Licht der Fantasie
* 2003: Sams in Gefahr - Das Liederalbum (Nena und Gäste/Soundtrack)
* 2004: Nena live Nena
* 2005: Willst du mit mir gehn
* 2007: Cover me
* 2008: Himmel, Sonne, Wind und Regen
* 2009: Made in Germany
slashnburn99
I can remember this song in 1984 Uk version, great song

below are English and German translation, German then the English verses etc

Quote:
Hast Du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by.

99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General
Eine Fliegerstaffel hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn es so war
Dabei war da am Horizont
Nur 99 Luftballons

99 red balloons.
floating in the summer sky.
Panic bells, it's red alert.
There's something here from somewhere else.
The war machine springs to life.
Opens up one eager eye.
Focusing it on the sky.
Where 99 red balloons go by.

99 Duesenjaeger
Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
Dabei schoss man am Horizont
Auf 99 Luftballons

99 Decision Street.
99 ministers meet.
To worry, worry, super-scurry.
Call the troops out in a hurry.
This is what we've waited for.
This is it boys, this is war.
The president is on the line
As 99 red balloons go by.

99 Kriegsminister
Streichholz und Benzinkanister
Hielten sich fuer schlaue Leute
Witterten schon fette Beute
Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
Mann, wer haette das gedacht
Dass es einmal soweit kommt
Wegen 99 Luftballons

99 Knights of the air
Ride super-high-tech jet fighters
Everyone's a superhero.
Everyone's a Captain Kirk.
With orders to identify.
To clarify and classify.
Scramble in the summer sky.
As 99 red balloons go by.

99 Jahre Krieg
Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger
Kriegsminister gibt es nicht mehr
Und auch keine Duesenflieger
Heute zieh ich meine Runden
Seh die Welt in Truemmern liegen
Hab' nen Luftballon gefunden
Denk' an Dich und lass' ihn fliegen

99 dreams I have had.
In every one a red balloon.
It's all over and I'm standing pretty.
In this dust that was a city.
If I could find a souvenier.
Just to prove the world was here.
And here is a red balloon
I think of you and let it go.

MOD - quote tags added
-Ankhanu
tdossi
Hello slashnburn99,
thank you for the text of Nena.
I find the song also best from Nena.
But, however, the others are also very great.
Really singer.
Greeting tdossi
guissmo
I know of an English version of this song. I think it starts with "you and I in a little toy shop...".
tdossi
Is there an English version of this song? It would be really great. I have heard of it, unfortunately, still nothing. But Really it would already be if it was right. I will search it.
Ryox
Nena is really a very good artist when it came to her singing in the 80's Smile
spinout
i thought she was hot in the 80s...
tdossi
She looks like at the very most 30, however, is 49, has survived four children and the new German wave easily: Nena. She belongs indelible to the German music scenery and with it also furthermore so remains she has with "Made in Germany" a new album and with "We are put on the market true" a new single. Now one can be already said: The songs are everybody unmistakeably Nena and this is a good thing too!
Usually like rock and honestly she comes along with her new album "Made in Germany". The full Nena power becomes clear, for example, with the title "Schönschönschön". The musician is softly accompanied by acoustic guitars in the track "in my life". Though none of 13 songs sounds thus like an already been there hit of the singer, they are unmistakeable, nevertheless. Just Nenas voice and her radiation make her contribution. With "maggot in Germany" sat, by the way, again Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen with in the boat who worked together with Nena from beginning and is still an important relation person in her career.
guissmo
tdossi wrote:
Is there an English version of this song? It would be really great. I have heard of it, unfortunately, still nothing. But Really it would already be if it was right. I will search it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjKGVNfj1HI

Here you go. Very Happy
Enjoy. Smile
tdossi
Hello.
This version is only postsung and translated by another.
It would be great if it a real English version gives.
Greeting tdossi

Singer Nena celebrates her 50th birthday on the 24th of March not only with a big tour, but also on television. The private transmitter RTL points two days after the great day "Nena! The big birthday show". Members of the family and (musical) friends are invited, with presenter Marco Schreyl Nena wants to speak of her career, but also about her private life - since short she is a double grandmother

MOD - Serial posts combined with first in series. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
DeltaM
haha I heard this song a while ago when I was studing German and my teacher played it. It's not that bad but I'm not realy into that kind of music.
tdossi
Love is the single and the double-CD you want to go with me published in February and March 2005. Nena reached in Germany with the single topped the charts with the double CD number two on the album charts. In October 2005, appeared at the Frankfurt Book Fair Nena jointly authored with Claudia Thesenfitz autobiography Will you go with me. She climbed to number three in the German bestseller list. In November 2005, Nena started her "Will you come with me" tour that took them to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

In the first half of 2006 graduated Nena advertising contracts, including TV spots with a telephone and an automobile manufacturer from. In September 2006 she released the single "Caravan of Love as a duet with Duncan Townsend. Isley Brothers-The original title of 1985 was already been covered in 1987 by the House Martins. On Kim Wilde's 2006 released album Never Say Never is one of Kim Wilde and Nena jointly recorded cover version of the Supremes classic, You Keep Me Hangin 'on from the year 1966, with Kim Wilde in 1986 he even an international number-one hit.

99 Luftballons came against the backdrop of the last phase of the Cold War in the 1980s in Germany. Because of the NATO dual-track decision of 1979 began in Germany in 1983 for the stationing of Pershing II nuclear missiles. This led to fears of nuclear proliferation, the danger of nuclear war and climb thrust, therefore, to massive resistance in the population. These were formed in the peace movement of the 1980s.

The idea for the lyrics came to the band-guitarist Carlo Karges 1982 at a Rolling Stones concert in West Berlin, when he observed how large amount of colorful balloons had ascended to heaven. Karges wondered what would happen if the balloons drift over the border into East Berlin and induce a paranoid reaction. The catchy melody to the text would then was written by the band's keyboard player Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen. The English text said Kevin McAlea.

The success of the song in the United States was initially without any advertising or marketing on the part of the record company CBS. As Christiane Felscherinow (Christiane F.) was staying in Los Angeles, she pressed the famous disc jockey Rodney Bingenheimer a copy of the German original in hand. This it did later in his mission and the catchy melody quickly found favor with the audience in California. Finally, it began to other radio stations and MTV later to send the song.

The song is about, like 99 balloons floating in the sky are considered a UFO and a general unleashing a squadron to intercept this. When the squadron now in the sky shooting at the balloons, this is now of the neighboring states, and not mistaken for an attack as well as an excuse to expand their own sphere of power militarily. The result is a complete destruction of the world. The song ends with the following lines:

Quote:
99 years war
left no room for victors
War Minister's not here anymore
and no jet planes
Today delicious when my rounds
see 'the world lie in ruins.
Hab '' nen balloon found
Thinking of you and let it fly

The song is very good, has a really strong text that advocates against war and for peace.
The song was known even in the U.S., and the song was even recorded with English lyrics (99 "Red Balloons".
The Americans still preferred the original German version - me too.

MOD - Serial posts combined with first in series. Quote tags added. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
Ankhanu
Wow... you REALLY like 99 luftballoons, tdossi!
fuzzkaizer
it remembers me of the time when i went to school, back in the 80ies! of course i like it in a sentimental way, but that's it. meanwhile i found out lot's of cool bands of that time i never could have heard then, because for me there was just the radio-stations to distribute the songs. in this way, internet is a quite cool thing...
tdossi
Right, Nena 99 Luftballons I quite like. She has sung great catchy tunes.
Right. It is today, with the Internet much easier. if you want a fortuitous, we search for it on the Internet. One must not wait until it comes on the radio. Greeting tdossi.
Tuvitor
Very awesome song. Seven Seconds did a pretty good punk cover of this song, too.
tdossi
True, a great song.

The world in 2012 is once again just before the downfall. At the poles, the ice melts, the capitalism devours its children, the poor get poorer, the rich richer, who does not work is sorted out, there is again more wars, nuclear weapons, oppression and exploitation, the people are discouraged, they are afraid and no one knows how it goes. In this world sends Nena her new album, calling it
YOU ARE WELL.

What is music? In the best case: miracles and madness of being put into sounds and texts, give love, life coaching, power, open your eyes, show a way out, give pleasure and are fighting for peace. Seen YOU ARE WELL is a gift. Nena, the most successful German singer for 30 years, to me she was 17 Album reached a peak of their skills.
In her new songs, anything goes, what makes Nena, and if we could live, what Nena sings, was the world better. She sings from the small and the great, goes very deep and very far out clean. Already the first single, 'This is not everything', is a challenge to the anxiety of guilt and old patterns. It is a stimulant, which says: A new life is possible. You can do it! And to hear that, well do well. One just needs to start with himself. Only someone who loves himself can give love. With the elegant zurückgelehnten, As long as you're worried 'Nena gets to the point, what do we really know them all, but keep forgetting: And if she's looking for her home, she finds it in himself, "here inside of me." The peace that Nena beautiful, sings in my middle kingdom ', they also wünscht his enemies.

The new songs on YOU ARE GOOD radiate heat out and width, warmth and attitude, the will to continue, the belief in the possibility of a better world, people love, wisdom, humor and love of life. This is of course also on the music. With their thirteen-piece band and her musical partner Derek von Krogh Nena has taken this summer in Iceland, in the studio of the Icelandic band Sigur Rós, fifteen songs that will prove nothing and are confident in the wealth of styles to use. Modern pop music is, a bunch of hits between accelerating and recline, between modernity and contemplation. Freedom anthems, love songs and stadium firecrackers that give understanding, a bit of consolation, a dream of a new morning and once in a loving kick in the ass.

Now there will doubtless some people who say that it is all too easy Nena, that one with the singing of Paradise Paradise force but can not. Sure, we need to continue and concrete available via the war in Syria discuss available via the debt crisis and the school system. But we also want to sing about this? Artists are not politicians. Kunstler to be visionaries. On their new album recognizes Nena, the big sister of the nation, the needs of the people points to a way out and celebrating their utopia of possibility. And that is precisely what we lack today: The idea of ​​a better world.All know what's wrong, but no one knows how to get out there again. To give strength, courage and a sense is a start. From here it goes on. And now YOU get.

MOD - Serial posts combined with first in series. Quote tags added. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
testsoc
Classic song. Love it and its covers.
tdossi
Who is mid 20's and Nena on television, who suddenly no longer afraid of getting old. Finally, changes to her much. She still talks like a teenager, she stylt wildly as she pleases (like a leather jacket). And she looks half as old as it is From the eyes of 51-year-old exudes a life of pure joy meet. And that makes them a crowd puller.

The new casting-show "The Voice of Germany", in addition to the Nena Simple Plan, The Boss Hoss and Rea Garvey is on the jury brought to the station ProSieben dream quotas. Because of the market for vocal talent shows is supersaturated: 4.48 million watched on Thursday night and the format has been well received, especially among young viewers. With 3.51 million was "The Voice of Germany" even more 14 - to 49-year-old lure in front of the TV set, as the Saturday edition of "Got Talent".

Even as Nena 2010 in a two-hour RTL show their 50th Celebrated birthday, watched more than a million German and witnessed their energy. The "99 Luftballons" singer rocks the stage today as it did in the 80s and almost no wrinkles. How does it do this?

Who is mid 20's and Nena on television, who suddenly no longer afraid of getting old. Finally, changes to her much. She still talks like a teenager, she stylt wildly as she pleases (like a leather jacket). And she looks half as old as it is From the eyes of 51-year-old exudes a life of pure joy meet. And that makes them a crowd puller.

The new casting-show "The Voice of Germany", in addition to the Nena Simple Plan, The Boss Hoss and Rea Garvey is on the jury brought to the station ProSieben dream quotas. Because of the market for vocal talent shows is supersaturated: 4.48 million watched on Thursday night and the format has been well received, especially among young viewers. With 3.51 million was "The Voice of Germany" even more 14 - to 49-year-old lure in front of the TV set, as the Saturday edition of "Got Talent".

Even as Nena 2010 in a two-hour RTL show their 50th Celebrated birthday, watched more than a million German and witnessed their energy. The "99 Luftballons" singer rocks the stage today as it did in the 80s and almost no wrinkles. How does it do this?

The singer allegedly drinking only water moon. Water, then, arises from the natural springs and is bottled only in certain moon phases. A healing effect is indeed promised by manufacturers, but is not scientifically proven.

Nena is, for example, asked in an interview with the Welt am Sonntag, after her beauty secret, she replied simply: "Beauty comes from within and beautiful thoughts."

Anti-aging tips or concrete cream recommendations None. The disappointed and initially sounds like phrasenhaftem blah. Yet even scientists are convinced that a positive mindset promotes health and age more slowly leaves. According to various studies, even optimists have a greater life expectancy.

American scientists observed around for decades 180 Catholic nuns of the same order. Result: Despite the same conditions, the positively selected women lived an average of seven years longer.

Nena that has such a positive outlook on life, is because of the music. "People who sing regularly in their daily lives, are demonstrably mentally, physically and socially much healthier," says Dr. Karl Adamek. "For many mechanisms, especially about the deeper breathing, singing acts centrally on the regulatory and self-healing mechanisms", says the music psychologist.

He explains: "All the atoms in our bodies vibrate. Make us feel good and healthy, they must do so harmoniously. The body and mind can be compared to a large symphony orchestra. Are the instruments, so here's the organs 'upset', then we feel bad and get sick. By singing we can actually retune again. "

And singing makes even happy. "It stimulates the production of endorphins, serotonin and dopamine. Even the so-called biological markers of anxiety, for example, elevated diaphragm, are "resolved, says the teacher and researcher. In fear one must sing long enough, then they dissolve itself.

Especially with stress this aspect is of great importance. "General anxiety as the dominant way of life makes people sick," said Karl Adamek. "People who sing in everyday life are often, therefore, live happier and more energetic."

MOD - Serial posts combined with first in series. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
pravojednostavno
I like this song Very Happy
spinout
This was a favorite in the 80s. She was good looking too.
ivuk
wow, this is taking me back to my youth... when I was growing up in Germany they used to play that constantly in the clubs...
spinout
I listened to this song the other day on spotify. Still great.