FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

darrell
Does anyone of you like to watch it. I enjoy it. Especially the part when the lift is able to go in all directions.
hiddentear__
I heard Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was like really really bad and was advised strongly not to watch it.........is it really that bad?
darrell
noo if you watch it. Then you will noe that it is not a bad show. Quite interesting
Psycho.09
i dont really want to see it sounds like one of the worst movies eveer
valay5
I'm not too happy with the movie...To me, it destroyed every bit of good-natured vibes from the original movie.
nhl4000
I don't know what to say. I would want to watch it but I don't want to be wasting my time...I guess I'll just have to watch it someday.
52tease
Charlie was not a bad movie at all. If you love the original, this one might throw you for a loop. It is a lot darker (of course, it's Burton, isn't it?) than the original but I hear it is also much more true to the book. I wish that they had made some different decisions...the oompa loompa scenes were alright...but overall it was definitely worth my $8.50.
CrimsonStrange
I'm looking forwad to seeing it, just because I'm a big Depp/Burton fan.

I love the 1971 flick, and I always felt that the original was pretty dark & twisted, in it's own right.

I'm curious as to what the new Veruca Salt will be like. Smile
Twikki
darrell wrote:
Does anyone of you like to watch it. I enjoy it. Especially the part when the lift is able to go in all directions.

in my opinion I prefferred Willy Wonka (early movie) but I like the way Tim Burton has added on other stuff (Wonkas dad being a dentist(how ironic))
jongoldsz
It actually is really good, but it is different than the original. People say it is more like the book.
ActionLink
Yes that is what I heard it is more like the book. The question is were they trying to be like the book or just to be like the orginal? IMO I think they destroyed the movie... Sad I loved that movie when I was a kid.
quick_basic
Which one? The first or second. I never watched the second becuase jhonny depp (sp?) with makeup on scares me
DarkYuke
My only complaint about the new movie:

Willy Wonka=Michael Jackson
nakamaru
It was a good movie.
threezeroone
Too bad I haven't watched the movie.
rbooth
good, but not as good as the original!
Twikki
DarkYuke wrote:
My only complaint about the new movie:

Willy Wonka=Michael Jackson

yeah somebody made a flash about that
MasterC
Haven't seen this movie yet. Gonna download it, thanks Smile

OMG, Johnny Depp Very Happy
Pinky
I love that old, swearing grandfather! And of course- Johnny Depp did a great job. Although he was much better as Sparrow in Pirates.

'willy wonka, willy wonka, the amazing chocolateer!
willy wonka, willy wonka, everybody give a cheer.
He's modest, clever and so smart..." Wink
wackyhighlighters
It was a good film, here's what I think:

I loved the music in the first one but this one had a few more funny bits in. Johnny Depp was great but i didn't like the extra bit they added to the story about his family.
Tepelstreeltje
I was trembling with excitement to hear that once again Johnny Depp and Tim Burton were to combine their unique talents together once again to film the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I am, admittedly, a huge fan of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton as both a combined team and alone and was eager to be one of the first to see it when It came out in the cinema.

Anyway, more of the movie. The attention to detail is spectacular as Depp lends his quirky personality to the character of Willy Wonka and creates a wonderfully weird true-to-the-book chocolatier for whom the audience empathises with and recoils from simultaneously.

In short I believe that this movie is possibly the best I will see this year and the genius to include Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka himself is a spectacular feat. I give two up to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp and eagerly await the release of the duo's next cinema adventure, Corpse Bride.
gnomme
darrell wrote:

i go see the movie next staurday! the trailer is very nice! i am ancious!!! Rolling Eyes Wink
roonilwazlib
i absolutely loved this movie. johnny depp was brilliant as wonka.. even though at times he was kind of creepy, with that voice, purple lipstick, the hair, and a frighteningly pale face.

i like how it followed the novel more closely than the first one had. it had those funny bits which i enjoyed, like when wonka was talking to the oompa loompas in loompaland.
headless
charlie and the chocolate factory is SO COOL. i watched it. its fullysic (that means really good for people who dont know waht that means), and i read the book. im not a huge fan. i just like it!!!!
roveneco
its a child movie, so adults may be bored. But i like the director of the movie (tim burton). watching this movie was an interesting xp for me.
driftingfe3s
I'm not sure if I want to watch it anymore. Some people say its good, others say it sucks, and it ruined the original one. I guess I'll have to watch it myself to find out.
jarred89
Ive seen it the Movie is cool but i havent really seen the old one
rvec
same for me and it was indeed a good movie. I watched it with a couple of friends. The movie is not too hard to understand so you might have a drink (or 2, or 3)while watching it
Dean_The_Great
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was, in my opinion, another fantastic collaboration between Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. Burton brings a unique style to all of his movies that is both engaging dramatically and visually very pleasing. It is this style that created cult-followings of Edward Scissorhands (with Depp) and Nightmare Before Christmas. Burton is a director that starts with an idea of the picture in his head and then fully realizes that picture in production. It's remarkable and quite lovely.

Depp, whom in my opinion is the greatest actor on the screen right now, performs Willy Wonka in a way that is as unique as Burtons directing. Depp performs Wonka with an interpretation that is uninfluenced by Gene Wilder and is totally influenced by Depp's perception of the character. He brings the melodramatic, over-emotional characteristics of Wonka together with a sincereness to match the most romantic of characters. This ability sets this film up to be a powerful, hilarious piece.

Also with the casting of the children so specifically, the piece is well rounded and appropriately performed.

I loved this film and would highly recommend it to all who enjoy good film making and acting.
teezme2plz
ACTUALLY I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE, THE CHARACTERS AND WRITING FOR DEPP WAS GREAT. WHAT CAN I SAY HE IS A DOLL, EVEN PAINTED BROWN
superdork
i was dissappointed when the Oompa Loompas didn't sing they're song I've heard on the old Willy WOnka and the Chocolate Factory or whatever the book was called. I remember reading the book just I get confused when they say Willy WOnka and the chocolate factory or is it Charlie and the chocolate factory. lol.
McIus
Just go and see the damn movie. At least if you got some syblings to go with. It's definetly worth it if you haven't seen any of the prior or know the story. It's a great childrens book!