FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How java executable (or JAR) files are created?

raneez_n
I have java .class files with me..but i dont know how to make it JAR or exe file.
Please help me.
AftershockVibe
Hmm... I've only ever made one by telling my IDE to create it.

However, JAR files themselves are just glorified .zip files. If you don't have an IDE handy you could use something like this:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fastjar
Marcuzzo
I haven't worked with java a lot but I think that the JDK comes with the tools to make 'em.
also in Eclipse you have the options.

check this page

looks like you got some reading to do my friend
chatrack
I have a .jar web executable applet file. How can I see its source code (class file) ?
Peterssidan
chatrack wrote:
I have a .jar web executable applet file. How can I see its source code (class file) ?

a Jar file does not necessary contain the source code files but only the class files. Try using an unzip program to extract the files.
chatrack
Peterssidan wrote:
chatrack wrote:

a Jar file does not necessary contain the source code files but only the class files. Try using an unzip program to extract the files.

I have extracted the .jar file with a decompiler. It has a Source code and 2 small other files(may be library files or copywite files - that i did not understand).

I have installed JDK6. How to write a DOS command to Recompile source.java --> source.class or source.jar