FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox opens by itself

pll
Hey! My firefox keeps opening up by itself when I don't touch my computer.
Everytime my computer is opened up but I don't do anything on it (even when it's in sleep mode) a web site keeps opening up in firefox.

I don't know if there is some kind of virus or some malware on my PC, but I don't know what to do with it.

I've tried to translate the webpage with Google Traduction and it seems to be in arabic...

The page that keeps opening up is here : https://www.ksacool.org/
I can't find anything about it on the web.

has anyone ever had it or heard of it before ?
ocalhoun
pll wrote:

I don't know if there is some kind of virus or some malware on my PC, but I don't know what to do with it.

Malware, probably. Firefox isn't part of the problem, the malicious software is telling your computer to open that web page, and it opens in firefox because it is your default browser (probably).

Scan your computer with an anti-spyware/malware program...
If you don't already have one, 'spybot search and destroy' is free, trustworthy, and I've never seen it fail to catch something.
pll
Well,
I scanned my computer with Spybot S&D and it found about 8-10 things on my machine, and since that time it did not seem to re-appear.

I'm kinda happy because I thought it would take more than juste an anti-malware check up to remove this.

I also backed up everything on my computer (just after the check up) so if there is anything else, I'll be fine!
trthdy
I would also reccomend scanning your computer with something like Malware Bytes AntiMalware and Avira Antivir. Spybot is effective but it's detection rate is rather low. Both the options mentioned by me have high detection rate and are free. Use them just to ensure that your system has been completely cleaned.
ahnguye5
yea the malwarebytes anti-malware's quick search doesn't take that much time. give it a run.
aningbo
Quote:
Well,
I scanned my computer with Spybot S&D and it found about 8-10 things on my machine, and since that time it did not seem to re-appear.

I'm kinda happy because I thought it would take more than juste an anti-malware check up to remove this.

I also backed up everything on my computer (just after the check up) so if there is anything else, I'll be fine!

wow.. this is indeed a great find. i'll remember this.
cr3ativ3
My honest recommendation for a live monitoring anti-virus/malware program is Avast Anti-Virus Home Edition, it's free for home use and has kept me safe for the past 2 or 3 years. I do not know how well it works for the average user, (i'm pretty good about noticing what is and isnt a virus before I even get into a circumstance where I may be risking my computer). But for those things that you dont have a choice to download, but may be a virus.. Avast has kept me safe, letting me know when a threat is detected.

It even detects potentially dangerous websites, and blocks connections to them!

Anyways, if your looking for a 24/7/365 anti-malware program I fully suggest Avast.
misterXY
cr3ativ3 wrote:
My honest recommendation for a live monitoring anti-virus/malware program is Avast Anti-Virus Home Edition, it's free for home use and has kept me safe for the past 2 or 3 years. I do not know how well it works for the average user, (i'm pretty good about noticing what is and isnt a virus before I even get into a circumstance where I may be risking my computer). But for those things that you dont have a choice to download, but may be a virus.. Avast has kept me safe, letting me know when a threat is detected.

It even detects potentially dangerous websites, and blocks connections to them!

Anyways, if your looking for a 24/7/365 anti-malware program I fully suggest Avast.

or Eset NOD32, very handy Smile