FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

1 moment of sincerity worth more than a 1000 years of falseh

sirftum
One single moment of a sincere life is worth more than a thousand years of a life of falsehood.
With love there comes harmony, beauty, rhythm, and life. It seems that all that is good and beautiful and worth attaining is centered in that one spark that is hidden in the heart of man. When the heart speaks of its joy, of its sorrow, all of it is interesting and appealing. The heart does not tell a lie; it always tells the truth. By love it becomes sincere, and it is through the sincere heart that true love manifests. One may live in a community where there is always amusement, pastimes, merriment, and beauty; one may live that life for twenty years; but the moment one realizes the movement in the depths of one's heart, one feels that those whole twenty years were nothing.
One moment of life with a living heart is worth more than a hundred years of life with a heart that is dead.
deanhills
sirftum wrote:
One single moment of a sincere life is worth more than a thousand years of a life of falsehood.
What would your definition of sincerity be, vs. falsehood? Isn't all of that in the eye of the beholder, as what one person may see as being sincere, may be interpreted as someone else as being false. For example there could be a group of Christian do-gooders who amongst themselves may feel all of their deeds are true to God and sincere, and that they are the chosen people, however seen from the outside in, some of that may come across as false. Maybe we need to focus more on our own lives, than focussing on others as basically our observations most of the time are a mirror of our own lives. If we think and feel sincere, most other people may have the same appearance. And if we look for falsehood, that would also be very easy to find.
mk12327
deanhills wrote:
sirftum wrote:
What would your definition of sincerity be, vs. falsehood? Isn't all of that in the eye of the beholder, as what one person may see as being sincere, may be interpreted as someone else as being false. For example there could be a group of Christian do-gooders who amongst themselves may feel all of their deeds are true to God and sincere, and that they are the chosen people, however seen from the outside in, some of that may come across as false. Maybe we need to focus more on our own lives, than focussing on others as basically our observations most of the time are a mirror of our own lives. If we think and feel sincere, most other people may have the same appearance. And if we look for falsehood, that would also be very easy to find.

I agree with deanhills that it is very subjective to how a person view things, and that what we try to find in others is usually what we have. Anyway, sidetrack a bit, I think i moment of falsehood can easily defeat the trust built by 1000 years of sincerity.