FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FarmVille

Do you place FarmVille?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

angfrayle
I wonder whether anyone here is a FaceBook user and is also playing the game FarmVille? They say the game is addictive. How do you find it?
metalfreek
Facebook is addictive there is no doubt about that. Facebook apps are more addictive. I have played farmville for an hour and didn't like that. But I am the only one among my friends who don't like farmville. All my friends always talk about farmville and I am the only one standing out of the crowd. As far as addiction is concern, I would rate it 100% addictive just by seeing my friends' craze about farmville. better stay out of it. Very Happy
snowboardalliance
Oh yeah, I play. But it was more of a competition to get the Villa first. Now I've started playing less. Still fun to try and get all of the new exclusive items as they come out and make your farm look cool. For example the christmas presents and golden eggs let you get a lot of "rare" items.

It's kind of weird how popular the game has become though. It's up there for the most users, if not the top.
Magicman
Farmville must be very addicting because many of my friends play it constantly. I'll have days where my newsfeed is taken up with notifications from Farmville. I don't play it and I don't think I could ever devote that much time to any game, especially one on Facebook.
Ryox
I play FarmVille once in awhile, due to a friend of mine playing it, but I'm more likely into Myspace Games other than Facebook.
wombatrpgs
I don't care for it. Reminds me of a MMORPG, except not as fun. Not to mention I don't appreciate MMORPGs.
lethaltriad
Everyone I know is playing it but I think it looks cheesey. All my friends say though that once you start you'll get addicted and I already got addicted to mafia wars so really dont want to get addicted to another one
Flarkis
farmville is an evil beyond all comparison.
soljarag
i have never played farmville, but i am annoyed with all the farmville invites!!!!!!!!

finally i figured out how to hide every farmville news feed Smile
mtorregiani
The last facebook game I've played is Music Challenge, and it was like a month ago...
Music Challenge rocks, regarding FarmVille, I found no interest in it.
gandalfthegrey
Deactivate your account before it is too late!!! Facebook is a time waster. You can add a script on firefox to blog all App invitations from friends.
missdixy
I tried it just to see what all of the fuss was about but didn't like it. I much rather play WoW or LOTRO or another game that I can play with friends and people online instead of Farmville. Blah.
mgeek
I like FarmVille. I think it is a fun game. It is addicting -- really.
QrafTee
I don't play it, I play Restaurant City instead. I just wish I didn't get so many Farmville-related notifications.
mgeek
soljarag wrote:
i have never played farmville, but i am annoyed with all the farmville invites!!!!!!!!

People send invites because having more neighbors help one build up one's farm.

soljarag wrote:
finally i figured out how to hide every farmville news feed Smile

Good for you. I also figured it out quite late.
amperx
I think its addicting, alot of my friends pester me to create a farmville account so they can send me stuff, or ill send them stuff, but dunno, i think theres alot of copies for that games on FB already, and I dont have time for these kind of games.
wombatrpgs
Yeah, it is rather amusing how many clones these things spawn.
angfrayle
FarmVille won the Crunchie awards for best social apps
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
FarmVille won the Crunchie awards for best social apps

And it is a good thing too what they are doing with the White Corn. All proceeds go to their Haiti Relief Fund and they already have close to a million dollars.
snowboardalliance
wombatrpgs wrote:
Yeah, it is rather amusing how many clones these things spawn.

Farmville is Zynga's clone of Farmtown. Or is that what you were referring to? Hell I think most of Zynga's games are clones (Mafia Wars is their other popular game and it's a total copy of something else). I guess they have the legal team to back them up against smaller companies if anyone ever tries to stop them.
mgeek
snowboardalliance wrote:

Farmville is Zynga's clone of Farmtown. Or is that what you were referring to? Hell I think most of Zynga's games are clones (Mafia Wars is their other popular game and it's a total copy of something else). I guess they have the legal team to back them up against smaller companies if anyone ever tries to stop them.

I didn't know this. I thought that FarmTown was the clone.
angfrayle
Clone or not, the last time I looked FarmVille has a total of more than ten million players. Now that is something...
wombatrpgs
Where does this rank among MMOs as far as active players though...?
jigoku05
WOW a farmvilltard! Why the need to create 3 similar threads? I don't play this crappy flash game. I would rather play Harvest Moon on my PSP/Wii or something.
wombatrpgs
Wow, I didn't realize these were all by the same person... Nice...
amperx
some are addicted some are annoyed with this game, whats with running a farm and growing virtual crops, wt hell
kutekitten
I must say, a very addicting game, the need to go back to harvest every day is compelling, and the social aspect is very important as well.
mgeek
kutekitten wrote:
..and the social aspect is very important as well.

Do you mean having friends that you didn't have previously? I can vouch for that. FarmVille has swelled my list of FaceBook friends to three times.
wombatrpgs
I don't know; I'm wary of "friends" gained through this sort of thing. Then again, FB sort of redefined friends.

Speaking of which, I just realized a couple of my friends have set up alts to play farmville with. It's kind of depressing.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
Clone or not, the last time I looked FarmVille has a total of more than ten million players. Now that is something...

18M + now. It has more fans than Myanmar has people.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
kutekitten wrote:
..and the social aspect is very important as well.

Do you mean having friends that you didn't have previously? I can vouch for that. FarmVille has swelled my list of FaceBook friends to three times.

Ditto for me. The fact however is I will meet offline only a small percentage of my FarmVille friends.
wombatrpgs
Then would you consider Farmville friends "real" friends?
mgeek
wombatrpgs wrote:

I wouldn't. Friends by definition are people in whom I have "emotional investments". My FarmVille-only friends just allow me to gain points and get my farm fertilized.
wombatrpgs
mgeek wrote:
My FarmVille-only friends just allow me to gain points and get my farm fertilized.

That's the spirit!
angfrayle
wombatrpgs wrote:

No. But it is possible that they can become real friends later on.
raaeft1
Farmville is certainly addictive; my wife is sometimes angry with me for devoting considerable time and attention to playing the game. Also there must be a way to prevent the frequent Farmville notifications appearing on the Wall as my office colleagues also access Facebook and see what I am doing.
mgeek
raaeft1 wrote:
Farmville is certainly addictive; my wife is sometimes angry with me for devoting considerable time and attention to playing the game.

No comment Very Happy

raaeft1 wrote:
Also there must be a way to prevent the frequent Farmville notifications appearing on the Wall as my office colleagues also access Facebook and see what I am doing.

One can always turn off the feeds from the different applications in Facebook.
wombatrpgs
mgeek wrote:

raaeft1 wrote:
Also there must be a way to prevent the frequent Farmville notifications appearing on the Wall as my office colleagues also access Facebook and see what I am doing.

One can always turn off the feeds from the different applications in Facebook.

If they're anything like me, they've disabled all of these irritating sources from appearing on their own feeds...
toasterintheoven
they're addicted to these games for the same reason why they're addicted to games like warcraft, it's all about accumulating stats
wombatrpgs
I think that's pretty much a summary of every game...
macky
it is not addicted at all... i can find it as an interesting game to play to... Laughing
wombatrpgs
Ironically enough, I just interviewed to work for the company that produces the game...