FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Crossfitters here?

David_Pardy
I've been doing following Crossfit since about March... It's the only thing that's ever kept me so motivated to actually getting fit!

Because I've slacked off a little bit from time to time and haven't pushed myself hard enough I haven't made as much progress as I would like, but I am going on 4 weeks annual leave on Christmas and will be putting a BIG focus on my drumming, getting fit and fixing up my diet!

I did this workout yesterday:

5 rounds for time:
7 ring dips
10 pullups
5 41kg back squats (I should have increased the reps, or done overhead or front squats instead)

in 17:31

Today I intend to do:

6 rounds:
400m run
18 burpees

So are there any other Crossfitters on here?
RubySlasher
Well... I like running in place a lot.
gs-resume
I do the cross training. usually 4 workouts a week - 2 cardio and 2 resistance training. For the cardio, it's almost always cycling. since i live in a cold-weather climate, the cycling is on a trainer in the winter and outdoors in the summer. trainer rides tend to be ~ 30 minutes, whilst during the summer months, rides could last 2-3 hours.

For the resistance training - it's basically all body weight exercises. pull-ups, chin-ups, squats, dips, and push-up variations (straight, elevated, planks). then a 5 minute ab routine. I do kind of a circuit training type of routine. 4 sets of each exercise in a row, then rest a few minutes, then do the next round of sets. so it gives a bit of cardio benefit as well. abs are done last. I haven't gotten any bigger since i started this routine, but i think i've replaced fat w/ muscle, my posture has improved, and the strength training just makes me feel better than when i did cycling exclusively.

I also log all my workouts in an spreadsheet which is a tremendous help with motivation. It's nice to be able to review your workout history at the end of the year.