FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone else having a problem with the 1.5 beta from Mozilla?

TheGeek
I downloaded it recently and it seems that in some forums when i got to make an entry into the text box, it wont let me make a forward slash or quotations. Sometimes it doesnt let me copy the URL out of the address bar or txt out of a page either.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there any way to fix it? like a setting or something.
picsite
actually I was having the same problems, I think there are some major problems with the beta, use the send feedback feature to tell them about these problems like I did and uninstall it. Restart and install a stable version.
mwm
Being a BETA be sure to report these issues. It's the only way they will get fixed. I have seen MANY issues in the 1.5 beta also.
MonkeyWrench
beta is not the completed version, so they have problems with running javascripts and quicktime so i suggest u dont use it and use the older version until they actually release it Laughing
heavyx
Try useing Edonkey or emule ...they are the best programs to share files Cool
TheGeek
Ok, A: the guy above me doesnt know what im talking about apprently unless hes joking...

B: yea i now its not the final version, i was just curious if this was a setting or not.

Thanks for the replies though, i think ill stick with it for now, its not THAT buggy and the minor little problems dont bug me (I test microsofts BETA programs, Ive seen alot worse.) so yea, thanks for the replies though guys.

Ill be sure to report it...it never crossed my mind lol.
yjwong
Huh? I did not encounter these problems.
gonzo
(1) you do know what BETA entails, yes?
(2) did you foolishly attempt to use a pre-existing profile with the beta?
(3) are any of your extensions not deisnged with an eye to the new code?
TheGeek
gonzo wrote:
(1) you do know what BETA entails, yes?
(2) did you foolishly attempt to use a pre-existing profile with the beta?
(3) are any of your extensions not deisnged with an eye to the new code?

yes i know what a beta entails
...yes i am using a pre-existing profile...wont be after i put up this post however.
no, all extensions are designed for this release, it wont let you download ones that arent compatible.
windval
i have the same problems too
why
how can i solve it
sibbahz
The beta refuses to let me use any flash applications on my computer, guessing its an incompability with flash.
TheGeek
sibbahz wrote:
The beta refuses to let me use any flash applications on my computer, guessing its an incompability with flash.

I have heard of some people having this problem, i havent personally had it, but im not sure why im not. If i figure out what i did to make it work, ill let you know, but i have no clue why mine works and everyone's elses doesnt.