FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apple development softwareipod/iphone apps

ssweat
Apple development software ipod/iphone apps, I am wanting to make some ipod apps and from what i understand you need a mac to run it. Does anyone know if I can get a mac OS to work on the pc, if the development tools will work? It seems it would be workable to me but not to familiar with it. Anyone had success in this situation? Thanks.
Diablosblizz
ssweat wrote:
Apple development software ipod/iphone apps, I am wanting to make some ipod apps and from what i understand you need a mac to run it. Does anyone know if I can get a mac OS to work on the pc, if the development tools will work? It seems it would be workable to me but not to familiar with it. Anyone had success in this situation? Thanks.

Once Flash CS5 comes out you'll have the ability to create iPod Apps and Games easy and efficiently. Running Mac on a PC is against the rules of Apple, and they won't give you any support.
ssweat
well thanks for the info, guess I'll just wait it out, not really a Mac guy anyhow, its a shame they limit the development to mac users only, such a waste of great ideas.
PureReborn
You can try doing a vitrulization of OSX on PC hardware though. or just get a Mac Mini for $400ish and plug that thing into your existing monitor and k/m setup.

The thing is how much experience do you have with Objective C?