FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ATi TV Tuner PCI with GeForce MMX 400 AGP, can this work?

BakaBilly
I have an old AGP Geforce MX 400 card (64mb) installed in my PC (Intel P4 1.8ghz - 1 gig RAM PC 3200 - Windows XP SP3 - ) and I found an ATI TV Wonder VE PCI card. Id like to get the ATi card to work but dont want to scarafice what little 3D graphic acceleration I have.

Is this configuration compatible? I havent been able to find anything in google that can help me. I did find a way to do it with Linux, but im not about to change OS just to watch TV/Play NES on my monitor. :/

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wink
Diablosblizz
I don't see why having a TV-Tuner (which isn't a graphics card) and a graphics card would interfere with each other. Ask the retailer if you can return it if it doesn't work with your system.
BakaBilly
Well, it might work. And I can tell you why it wouldnt. Because the TV tuner still uses a codec and needs video drivers very similar to the drivers used for an ATi card. So the issue is there could be some compatibility problems between the two drivers since one is ATi and the other Nvidia.

Ive tried to install the drivers for this device before coming to this forum. It could just be me and my system, but its not a straightforward thing here. Ive tried the easy way with no luck.

Now I just gotta find a techie that knows this one.
Donutey
When you tried to get it working you just installed the two drivers? What didn't work when you did this?