FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Removing Agoracart

dragonflame
Being the enthusiastic frihoster that I am, I tested a few of the carts. Now I want to remove agora cart cleanly, but I dont see a remove installation option, only an edit existing installation.

Does anyone know how to remove the agora cart cleanly? Obviously, i can delete the subdir I made for it, but Im worried about cleaning the mysql part.

Sorry if this is a repeat post, I did try to search but it didnt show anything.

*I'm liking OScommerce very much. This makes me think if anyone is hosting an ecommerce site at frihost...if so, do you buy your own cert, or go to a credit card processing site?
Bondings
You need to click on the software on the left in fantastico. Then a remove link for every installation will appear.
dragonflame
Bondings wrote:
You need to click on the software on the left in fantastico. Then a remove link for every installation will appear.

agoracart is in cpanel though Sad not in fantastico....
Sunny
a) Delete the folder in which AgoraCart is installed.

b) Locate a file .acart which will be in same folder as your public_html folder. Delete it. and it should be gone!
dragonflame
cool thanks!
Daniel15
dragonflame wrote:
I'm liking OScommerce very much. This makes me think if anyone is hosting an ecommerce site at frihost...if so, do you buy your own cert, or go to a credit card processing site?

You can't use SSL on a free host, as you need to have a dedicated IP address. So you'd need to install your cart on your normal FriHost site (ie. not SSL) and use some sort of credit card processing site.

SSL has been discussed before, see http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8581

P.S If you like OSCommerce, you should try CRE Loaded. It's basically OSCommerce with all the popular addons ('mods') already installed. You can get it from: http://www.creloaded.com/
dragonflame
thank you very much, that answers my questions perfectly.