FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want Diablo 3.

hades7006
Give me for this detial.
achowles
Diablo 3 is in Activision Blizzard's '2011 and beyond' list. Meaning it's going to be released no time soon. Buy Torchlight instead to tide you over. It's surprisingly good, actually.
Diablosblizz
I say let them have all the time they want, as long as it's as good as the second. Also, I think the original poster wanted a illegal download for it, because it just looks like spam to me.
achowles
Diablosblizz wrote:
I say let them have all the time they want, as long as it's as good as the second. Also, I think the original poster wanted a illegal download for it, because it just looks like spam to me.

I can't make head nor tail of what he's after. I can only assume he's only used half the words he intended to.
As for Diablo 3 - don't go saying things like that. It's not like Diablo 2 was released promptly after all.
tingkagol
When the release date comes, the game will probably look really primitive- same as what happened to Diablo 2. I hope the game shines despite the dated graphics.
pll
I think we are expecting too much for this game.
First time I heard about Diablo III was about a year ago. But it won't come out before 2011.

And I don't think we should expect a game at the same quality of Diablo II.
Diablo II was a huge hit but if we expect the same thing from DIII, maybe we'll be disappointed.

Maybe it won't come out before the world ends!
lethaltriad
Diablo III wont be out anytime soon. Whenever starcraft 2 comes out wait another 4-6 years after lol
DeltaM
lethaltriad wrote:
Diablo III wont be out anytime soon. Whenever starcraft 2 comes out wait another 4-6 years after lol

Don't say that Sad I want Diablo III soon, but blizzard always takes ages in releasing games. And delayed release dates aren't rare iether.
Helios
Let this thread be a Diablo III thread then.

Diablo III is planned for 2011-2012, from what I've read in various game news sites.
Obviously, I'm quite sure they'll postpone it further.

There are cool RPGs you can play now though, like Dragon Age: Origins and Risen.
tingkagol
From my experience playing Dragon Age, its appeal dies out really quickly. It has a solid story, I'll give it that, but I guess I'm more a fan of the fast-paced rpg variety, like Diablo 1 & 2- and there's no other game that makes finding items/gear/weapons really satisfying the way it does.

So yeah, I really want Diablo 3 to come out already.
tingkagol
So I was searching for news about Diablo 3, and all articles say the same- that it will probably come out 2011. But for the meantime, they are suggesting Torchlight, a game similar to Diablo (having been developed by some people who worked on Diablo 1 & 2).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/174548/10_reasons_you_must_play_torchlight.html
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/237916/enjoy-mayhem-torchlight

Didn't notice someone already suggested the game:
achowles wrote:
Diablo 3 is in Activision Blizzard's '2011 and beyond' list. Meaning it's going to be released no time soon. Buy Torchlight instead to tide you over. It's surprisingly good, actually.

This really caught my attention:
Quote:
6. The music sounds just like the pensive, finger-plucking, steel-sliding twelve-string dirge that practically defined the original Diablo. That's because Matt Uelman wrote it, and--you guessed it--Uelman's the guy behind Diablo, as well Diablo 2, StarCraft, and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Diablo's soundtrack was great. Torchlight's is even better.

I have the soundtrack to Diablo 1 and very well recognize this guy's name, so it was a nice surprise to know he contributes his music in Torchlight too.
spinout
why 2011??
QrafTee
spinout wrote:
why 2011??
I still say 2012. 2010 for Wings of Liberty, 2011 for Swarm of the Zerg and the Protoss campaign... maybe. 2012 or 2013 will bring about Diablo III.
spinout
ouch, that was bad will! A release delay due to other things gone prioritized...
PureReborn
Its pretty much confirmed that Diablo3 wont be coming out in 2010. Blizzard will be focusing on SC2 and the new expansion for WoW. I have to say I'm really looking forward to Diablo 3 though, the new art style makes it more interesting.
Jamatu
Waiting for Diablo 3 myself, 2011 is too far away but not much can be done about it. I'll bide my time on other games. All this hype is building up especially since Activision-Blizzard announced it so early on in development. I hope it doesn't dissapoint...
akhil26
Cool thanks for sharing
Diablosblizz
Jamatu wrote:
Waiting for Diablo 3 myself, 2011 is too far away but not much can be done about it. I'll bide my time on other games. All this hype is building up especially since Activision-Blizzard announced it so early on in development. I hope it doesn't dissapoint...

I don't believe that Activison has any say on what Blizzard does with their games, as I think Blizzard develops and publishes the games themselves. I'm against Activison right now, they're making very horrible games in my opinion.
Jamatu
Diablosblizz wrote:
Jamatu wrote:

I don't believe that Activison has any say on what Blizzard does with their games, as I think Blizzard develops and publishes the games themselves. I'm against Activison right now, they're making very horrible games in my opinion.

I'm not sure as I haven't particularly had an interest into finding out (although it has crossed my mind!). Are you aware Activision and Vivendi who own Blizzard merged into Activison-Blizzard? you can find ther website at http://www.activisionblizzard.com for further info.
Diablosblizz
Yes, that's why I brought the point up. However, game such as Diablo, Starcraft or Warcraft were not released when Blizzard and Activision merged, they did years after those games were released. I'm just hoping that this won't change anything.

Even though they have merged, and have the site Blizzard also has their own site, located at http://blizzard.com. All I'm stating is that I hope Activison has no say in Blizzard games. I'm not sure how merging works, but I am HOPING that Activision has nothing to do with the teams working on Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.
spinout
2012 or 2013 - well 2012 then was the armageddon of earth after nostradamus foretelling... so there will be no Diablo 3 Laughing
r4inm4ker
Have been eagerly waiting for this game since its announcement years ago. I loved Diablo I and II, and still played them until now, lol. Hopefully there'll be more variation than before, and continue of the exciting storyline.
zatro
I've been a huge fan of Diablo 2 Expansions and can't wait for Diablo 3!! I've watched all the videos they put out and it's a BIG tease!!!