FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Avast vs NOD32 vs Other

alex_cyber
I use Avast or something but I thought what is the eset nod 32 and me interested in your opinion, which antivrus you use and which is better than these two?
weableandbob
I currently use Avira, which works perfectly well, although Avast is quite good as well. You should be fine if you stick with it.
chartcentral
weableandbob wrote:
I currently use Avira, which works perfectly well, although Avast is quite good as well. You should be fine if you stick with it.

Ditto! Avira is a very sufficient anti-virus software. Smile
harismushtaq
There is a growing problem here. There are a lot of Antivirus software to choose from and it is very difficult to tell which is the best. Nortan and Macafee are there from years. Avira, Avast and AVG are also considered as trusted ones. NOD32, Panda and AV Antivirus are some others that I have seen. In general, all of them work well.

In my personal experiance (which can certainly be wrong), both Norton and Macafee are slightly resource intensive. It may not feel on powerful system as are available today but someone using them on an old pentium 4 1.7GHz may feel the slug. AVG is also not very fast. Avira and AV have been very good in protection and fast as well. Avast was also good but slower than avira. My personal recomendation is Avira or Avast.
Diablosblizz
NOD32 is a very light antivirus that will run on slow machines. It has decent detection rates, and overall is a good program if you'd like to spend the cash. If you'd like a free antivirus that is also light on the system try Microsoft Security Essentials.
metalfreek
I use Avast Home Edition and its doing great. I have no complains.
Marcuzzo
I have tried the AVG free edition a while ago but because somebody at work recommended Avira I started to use that one.
now I'm using Avira at home for at least 2 years and I love it.
nam_siddharth
Of course NOD32 is better than Avast. But Avast is free antivirus and better than most free antiviruses. I am currently using "Microsoft Security Essential" and it is a great antivirus. It is free and better than any free antivirus.

If you want a free antivirus, go for "Microsoft Security Essential", if you can afford a paid antivirus, go for NOD32.
nam_siddharth
Diablosblizz wrote:
NOD32 is a very light antivirus that will run on slow machines. It has decent detection rates, and overall is a good program if you'd like to spend the cash. If you'd like a free antivirus that is also light on the system try Microsoft Security Essentials.

Microsoft Security Essential is light, but not light enough to run smoothly on P3 systems. Avast is better option for older systems.
silverdown
I use Avira Free anti-virus the only issue with it is everytime it updates you get a nag screen about upgrading to premium but one click and it gone has not failed me yet.

I think the for a person to like an anti-virus you have to try them and see for yourself I dislike, Avg,Avast,Norton.
menino
Avast is good, but lately I've seen it go slow on pc's, i.e. it uses a lot of resources.
I like eset nod32 4 smart security, because it doesn't use as much resources, and is a strong antivirus.

I've just seen Microsoft security essentials, but have not used it on a daily basis, but might be worth considering till they start charging.
I used AVG, but it wasnt that good as eset.
I had tried avira, but that also wasnt as good.
ESET and avast usually detect malware as well, apart from viruses, but eset is more stronger, in my opinion.

There is also trendmicro, which my company uses, and its ok as a company antivirus.

What I do is use the online eset antivirus once a week at night to detect and clean malware and viruses, which is free. Laughing
sheedatali
1. Esset (NOD32) Smart Security.

It is light on resources and has everything that is required to protect your system. You can bet it will catch everything that can probably hurt your fragile windows system. The downside for some people of course is that it is not free and requires subscription for signature updates.

2. Avast

It is great, it is free and does the job. It is not very light however and can take lot of resources, even lock up system on slow machines.

3. AVG

Never used it but have heard good things about it.

4. The rest

There are many out there, Norton, Mcafee bla bla bla. But they all are just bloated software IMO.
Helios
ClamAV Very Happy
Seriously guys, I often find myself plugging the ethernet cable out when using windows... no way I'm wasting money for an antivirus program when I can simply avoid the viruses Laughing
However, if I were stuck with Windows, I'd take NOD32 or Kaspersky. Heard that BitDefender is also awesome.