FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why can't I stop running?

microkosm
Holy fcuk.

This is a fun web game: canabalt.

Scenario: you're a guy running through an office building... crash you jump through a glass window to land on the roof of the adjacent building. And you hit the ground running and keep running while jumping over crates, crashing debris and collapsing buildings. All the while crazy shit is happening in the background as parallex-style graphics. Pixelated side-scroller with simple controls but addictive.

The suggestions of a near-future, post-apocalyptic atmosphere and electro-ambient track get the adrenaline going as well.
Magicman
I've played that game before. It is a lot of fun. I feel like it must have been posted on here before because I'm not sure where else I would have seen it. The other games on that site are decent, but I don't think they are as good as this one.
microkosm
Quote:
You ran 2856 meters before running into a wall and falling to your death

Well, that's my personal best which is probably pathetic, but the scrolling gets to me after a while and I can't focus any longer.

Does anyone know if there is any other objective to this game? Does the scenario change after running for more than 4000 meters for example?
amperx
unfortunately i rand 4k+ and still nothing new, although its fun at first xd, its easy and a good game to waste time lol
EximiusNero
How do people have +400,000 meters? My highest is 3123 lol.

fun game, love the soundtrack.
Flakky
The sound is awesome but it is pretty hard. Sometimes those ships which crash or when you have to join through a window is hard.
Jamestf347
it's kinda good, kinda repetitive though Razz But what games arent these days?
william
Gee, thanks. I just wasted a lot of time with the game. Razz But no, seriously, that is a fun game. I love simple concepts that make addicting and fun games. It does get repetitive after awhile, but I don't really mind, it's fun as it is. Very Happy I don't suppose there's an ending, is there?