FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you believe in the "THE LAW OF ATTRACTION"?

zacky
I found this term in the book of "THE SECRET"..it says there that every thing you want to achieve will

happen if you believe that it will happen. Meaning if you believe that the person you love will love you,

then she/he will love you.
jwellsy
There is an element of truth to it. But, the thing it leaves out is that it also requires taking actions to move closer to it becoming a reality and not doing actions that would push that thing away. Just believing something will happen and not taking any action is unproductive.
raver
jwellsy is right, but i would also add one thing.
The actions you take must not be based on the book's idea that the other person loves you. I don't want to sound harsh, but in most of the cases, the other person has neutral feelings (in some situations maybe even hates you? ) so you can't really go around pretending he/she loves you.
airh3ad
Like this setuation you were reading Catch-22 on the subway this morning. I have never seen such a beautiful profile. I wanted to say hi, but then youíd turn towards me and I wouldnít be able to look at your profile anymore. You were so into your book, I donít think you noticed me falling in love with you. But I thought Iíd ask, just in case. our illustrations always bring the loveliest ?
deanhills
zacky wrote:
I found this term in the book of "THE SECRET"..it says there that every thing you want to achieve will happen if you believe that it will happen. Meaning if you believe that the person you love will love you, then she/he will love you.
This is partially correct, provided it is done without trying to manipulate and control. We always seem to be attracted to people who are self-confident, so if they have great faith in their hearts that you are completely in love with them, that may have a subtle influence on them, however that person could be spoken for, or may have hang-ups, which brings the most important factor to bear that one should both believe that that person loves you, but also be able to let go at the same time.
guissmo
Believing is one thing but having a grasp of the practical truth is another.

I mean some things are more difficult to achieve just by believing.
Like getting a hot celebrity to marry you for example. That'd take a lot of time.

But believing in your capacity to do small things like performing well in an exam or in a report should help you be successful and all.
zacky
deanhills wrote:
zacky wrote:
I found this term in the book of "THE SECRET"..it says there that every thing you want to achieve will happen if you believe that it will happen. Meaning if you believe that the person you love will love you, then she/he will love you.
This is partially correct, provided it is done without trying to manipulate and control. We always seem to be attracted to people who are self-confident, so if they have great faith in their hearts that you are completely in love with them, that may have a subtle influence on them, however that person could be spoken for, or may have hang-ups, which brings the most important factor to bear that one should both believe that that person loves you, but also be able to let go at the same time.

yeah your right...it is better to let them feel what they want to feel instead of forcing them or "controlling" just to love you. I guess it is better to feel the excitement and surprises that may come than getting advantage to it..
zacky
guissmo wrote:
Believing is one thing but having a grasp of the practical truth is another.

I mean some things are more difficult to achieve just by believing.
Like getting a hot celebrity to marry you for example. That'd take a lot of time.

But believing in your capacity to do small things like performing well in an exam or in a report should help you be successful and all.

i like what you said..it helps me a lot to clarify the phrases on this book that i don't totally understand. I can totally understand word by word what does it mean but the whole context was not. But thanks to you, i guess, it is better to take action first before getting into the conclusion that your almost day dreaming to that thing but yet in one click you will go back to the reality and face it again...
Bluedoll
Attracted to my manís law . . . by Bluedoll

My take on the law is saying everything exists because we put it there. Love may not be an exception. We will things into existence and it is always based on some choice we make.

Now, I do understand about the day dreaming part versus taking action part but I think all the law is saying is that it exists. Knowing about the law has some power and if we give to it properly - can be a help to us, I think. Reality is when we have dreams, just as reality is when we act on our dreams and it is also reality being attracted to dreams and each other.
apple
I believe the secret works, my husband and I have applied it to our lives as much as we can and have seen some very drastic changes.

Since there are no negatives to it, nothing that will cause anyone to be put into danger, I would encourage everyone to read the book, listen to the audio recordings and refresh their minds and see how much change these simple principles can bring to you.
tukun2009manit
zacky wrote:
I found this term in the book of "THE SECRET"..it says there that every thing you want to achieve will

happen if you believe that it will happen. Meaning if you believe that the person you love will love you,

yes i believe but i didn't know it's true or not but i still want to believe that i am right because it makes me feel happy
iyepes
The husband of a friend of mine prayed for years to become into her boyfriend, he finally got it and they got married five months later. They have been married since then.

So, I think so a deep determination can lead you to have the right person in your life. But it's important to have clear that the person is really "the one", or you could end up being obsessed in a bad way.
guggs
Positive thought may help you with issues which are truly within your control, as guissmo said, but beyond that forget it. The laws of probability mean that there will be some "success stories" but for each of those there will be many, many, many failures which of course you don't get to hear about.

In my case, I tried everything in my power to make my wife start loving me again and stop us splitting up but she had found another man, so the situation was beyond my control and I failed. Having eventually come to terms with that failure, I turned my energy towards something that WAS within my control i.e. building a new life for myself, and I'm now happier than ever before.
apple
guggs wrote:
Positive thought may help you with issues which are truly within your control, as guissmo said, but beyond that forget it. The laws of probability mean that there will be some "success stories" but for each of those there will be many, many, many failures which of course you don't get to hear about.

In my case, I tried everything in my power to make my wife start loving me again and stop us splitting up but she had found another man, so the situation was beyond my control and I failed. Having eventually come to terms with that failure, I turned my energy towards something that WAS within my control i.e. building a new life for myself, and I'm now happier than ever before.

I am sorry to hear about your marriage. The thing with the secret is that you cannot 'create in someone else's reality', meaning that you can't make someone love you etc. The secret works for you as a person. Glad to hear that you are happy now tho Smile
Bluedoll
guggs wrote:

Yeah I guess. Real things happen and real people get hurt. As far as real failures though, never did believe much in that, other than with some trival physical stuff, football scores and the night that guy that fell off the bar stool. Mostly, I think where we end up is where we were always headed anyway and since you can say you are happier than before proves failure wasn't part of the equation.
xokvaawk
...............................Yes..................................
xokvaawk
.......................where can i find that secret book.............................
xokvaawk
..............................I miss her so much.....................................
_AG_
You cant just believe its going to happen, you have to know it is. You must act as though the things you want are inevitable. And you must continue to feel that way until it happens. Most people give up and think it doesnt work that way because they dont get instant results. Its when you stay with it and truly believe, then it will happen.
macky
yes maybe it is partly true
mshafiq
As long as if you think it happens, it not true but the fact behind it is
When you are so sure about your objective, your actions are more powerful.
In other words when you are certain you do with full attention and do not get back because of few failures.
Otherwise there is no truth in you think and it happens. That is just in religions that God thinks and it happens.

By the way,
I though the topic 'LAw of attraction' mean if boys feel attraction towards girls and girls towards boys.
In this regard, being a boy, I am very sure the this law exist- at least for boys. I feel a lot attraction when ever I see a girl. The only thing we control our thoughts depending on relationships or it better to say that
depending on relationship our thoughts exist. But the the attraction does exist. I am not very sure to which extent it is true in case of girls.
emanuel2
Its true for a lot of things, but I don't think you can bend the rules of physics or nature...
deanhills
emanuel2 wrote:
Its true for a lot of things, but I don't think you can bend the rules of physics or nature...
Right, but one can work on one's own attitude. It's probably the only part of us that we can really change. But not by very much. Smile
Greatking
Well personally, that law of attraction talked about in the book "the secret" has to do with the believe of the universe responding to what ever one desires and wishes to have as long as you can believe that you will receive it and act positive about it.

The point here is desiring that someone you love will love you back. Now that is a different ball game.

Look at it from this point of view, the law of attraction as stated in the book brings things from withing the universe into your possession. note these are material things. Love is about relationship, based on mutual consent. If the one you love does not consent to the same love then, no law in this world will make the person love you back.
sudipbanerjee
I want to know details about Law of attraction. Where should I find it?
D'Artagnan
simplily putting, Yes, i believe so.

But i don't believe in that metaphysical mambo jambo, i think it's all about your state of mind... there's no such a thing as universe giving things away, or quantum phisics control...

The secret is actually not so secret, it's there for anyone to notice - many people explained in many ways, they just put it into a simple supersticious explanation and sold as a dvd and book.
actuelly it's mostly NLP - neurolinguistics programming.

for me basically, "the universe" works in with action reaction you wont get anything you want if you don't act towards the reaction you want.

each person has a state of mind which directly dictate our actions , this state of mind is composed of both the conscious and unconscious mind.

this state of mind depend on many factors for the most part they are inner factors that we are able to change.

we have a "presetted" state of mind that are programmed on us from birth , education and culture, and mostly we are "programmed" to behave and think in a limited way - that's why most rich people no matter if they are broke and alone will go back to being rich.

if one is able to change his state of mind to be aligned to what he really wants, one has many chances to be sucessful.

all the objectives they discuss are very "mondane", money, love, happiness etc... no one will be able to breath underwater, fly, cure cancer with the mind or make diamonts from coal with "the secret" ... you know my uttermost wish would be to sail through the universe in a space ship, but i no matter how much i want that, and how much i apply "the secret" it wont work

i really think this universe thing is really pretentious, i mean what we desire and change are at best our backyard, someone very very powerfull can make changes taht affect the world, but its our tiny little mud ball, if the earth exploded it wouldn't change the universe...
skilz4never
zacky wrote:

lol
Bluedoll
skilz4never wrote:
zacky wrote:

lol
Wondering, skilz4never are you in love? They do say love makes you happy.

I suppose "the secret" isn't really a secret unless you consider that even when its right there out in the open, some people don't get it?

Confused
toasterintheoven
that secret movie's going to make a bigger idiot out of so many more people it's not even funny... I mean... how many people do you see on a regular basis go out of their way to act as if they're happy with everything, having a crowd of people where everyone's feeling good is impossible and it's just going to sap the goodness out of all things... I saw the movie and feel that it could be a great danger to humanity
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
I suppose "the secret" isn't really a secret unless you consider that even when its right there out in the open, some people don't get it?

Confused
It is a very effective marketing tool however! The word secret always grabs people's attention. Smile
CheDragon
I do belive that is true, but because when you really want something and you are happy, you get this cool vibe on you and things get better
lovelyviki
i think this view seems too absolute,maybe something is like this, but not everything.
so i do not like someone lies the future in the ideas.
rogue_skydragon
I believe that the law of attraction exists and is at work 24/7.
Navigator
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:

Confused
It is a very effective marketing tool however! The word secret always grabs people's attention. Smile

Yeah because it backdoors the idea of getting what you want just by imagine it. I wonder if the people around the world living in the middle of conflict or hunger or shortages of any kind would consider the "secret" as true.
codersfriend
from isaac newton's law... "Every person has an equal and opposite attraction" Smile
Greatking
The law of attraction is a metaphysical belief that "like attracts like", that positive and negative thinking bring about positive and negative physical results, respectively.

According to the law of attraction, the phrase "I need more money" allows the subject to continue to "need more money". If the subject wants to change this they would focus their thoughts on the goal (having more money) rather than the problem (needing more money).

This might take the form of phrases such as "I do have more money" or "I will have more money".

The Law of Attraction simply says that you attract into your life whatever you think about. Your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest. But the Law of Attraction gives rise to some tough questions that donít seem to have good answers. I would say, however, that these problems arenít caused by the Law of Attraction itself but rather by the Law of Attraction as applied to objective reality.

Here are some of those problematic questions (all are generalizations of ones I received via email):

What happens when people put out conflicting intentions, like two people intending to get the same promotion when only one position is available?

Do children, babies, and/or animals put out intentions?
If a child is abused, does that mean the child intended it in some way?
If I intend for my relationship to improve, but my spouse doesnít seem to care, what will happen?

These questions seem to weaken the plausibility of the Law of Attraction. Sometimes people answer them by going pretty far out. For example, itís been said by LoAers that a young child experiences abuse because s/he intended it or earned it during a past life.

Well, sureÖ we can explain just about anything if we bring past lives into the equation, but IMO thatís a cop-out. On the other hand, objective reality without the Law of Attraction doesnít provide satisfactory answers either ó supposedly some kids are just born unlucky. Thatís a cop-out too.

Iíve never been satisfied by othersí answers to these questions, and theyíre pretty important questions if the Law of Attraction is to be believed. Some books hint at the solution but never really nail it. That nail, however, can be found in the concept of subjective reality.
Greatking
Subjective reality is a belief system in which (1) there is only one consciousness, (2) you are that singular consciousness, and (3) everything and everyone in your reality is a projection of your thoughts.

You may not see it yet, but subjective reality neatly answers all these tricky Law of Attraction questions.

In subjective reality thereís only one consciousness, and itís yours. Consequently, thereís only one source of intentions in your universe ó YOU. While you may observe lots of walking, talking bodies in your reality, they all exist inside your consciousness. You know this is how your dreams work, but you havenít yet realized your waking reality is just another type of dream. It only seems solid because you believe (intend) it is.

Since none of the other characters you encounter are conscious in a way thatís separate from you, nobody else can have intentions. The only intentions are yours. Youíre the only thinker in this universe.

Itís important to correctly define the YOU in subjective reality. YOU are not your physical body. This is not the egoistic you at all. Iím not suggesting youíre a conscious body walking around in a world full of unconscious automatons. That would be a total misunderstanding of subjective reality. The correct viewpoint is that youíre the single consciousness in which this entire reality takes place.

Imagine youíre having a dream. In that dream what exactly are YOU? Are YOU the physical dream character you identify with? No, of course not ó thatís just your dream avatar. YOU are the dreamer. The entire dream occurs within your consciousness. All dream characters are projections of your dream thoughts, including your avatar. In fact, if you learn lucid dreaming, you can even switch avatars in your dream by possessing another character. In a lucid dream, you can do anything you believe you can.

Physical reality works the same way. This is a denser universe than what you experience in your sleeping dreams, so changes occur a bit more gradually here. But this reality still conforms to your thoughts just like a sleeping dream. YOU are the dreamer in which all of this is taking place.

The idea that other people have intentions is an illusion because other people are just projections. Of course, if you strongly believe other people have intentions, then thatís the dream youíll create for yourself. But ultimately itís still an illusion.
Greatking
QUESTION: If I intend for my relationship to improve, but my spouse doesnít seem to care, what will happen?

This is an example of intending conflict. Youíre projecting one intention for your avatar and one for your spouse, so the actual unified intention is that of conflict. Hence the result you experience, subject to the influence of your higher order beliefs, will be to experience conflict with your spouse. If your thoughts are conflicted, your reality is conflicted.

This is why assuming responsibility for your thoughts is so important. If you want to see peace in the world, then intend peace for EVERYTHING in your reality. If you want to see abundance in the world, then intend it for EVERYONE. If you want to enjoy loving relationships, then intend loving relationships for ALL. If you intend these only for your own avatar but not for others, then youíre intending conflict, division, and separation; consequently, thatís what youíll experience.

If you stop thinking about something entirely, does that mean it disappears? Yes, technically it does. But in practice itís next to impossible to uncreate what youíve already manifested. Youíll continue creating the same problems just by noticing them. But when you assume 100% responsibility for everything youíre experiencing in your reality right now ó absolutely everything ó then you assume the power to alter your reality by rechanneling your thoughts.

This entire reality is your creation. Feel good about that. Feel grateful for the richness of your world. And then begin creating the reality you truly want by making decisions and holding intentions. Think about what you desire, and withdraw your thoughts from what you donít want. The most natural, easiest way to do this is to pay attention to your emotions.

Thinking about your desires feels good, and thinking about what you donít want makes you feel bad. When you notice yourself feeling bad, youíve caught yourself thinking about something you donít want. Turn your focus back towards what you do want, and your emotional state will improve rapidly. As you do this repeatedly, youíll begin to see your physical reality shift too, first in subtle ways and then in bigger leaps.

I too am just a manifestation of your consciousness. I play the role you expect me to play. If you expect me to be a helpful guide, I will be. If you expect me to be profound and insightful, I will be. If you expect me to be confused or deluded, I will be. But of course thereís no distinct ME that is separate from YOU. Iím just one of your many creations. I am what you intend me to be.

But deep down you already knew that, didnít you?
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:

Confused
Or it is a secret because the only people that understand it is the people that get it.
Laughing

...this I mean not pointing a finger specifically at people living in the middle of conflict or hunger or shortages of any kind. Anyone in any circumstance can believe in something.
BigGeek
Books like the Secret are the most psychologically damaging beliefs that are perpetrated on human. To try and tell someone that their thoughts will bring magical gifts into their life if only they "believe" is sick and twisted if you ask me.

Rhonda B's book is not the only one that professes the power of thought in manifesting things in your world. There are scores of books written on this subject, and most are the most psychologically sick pieces of literature going, and the idea is perpetrated for the authors to fleece cash from their believers.

I was involved with a woman that was into this sort of thing about 10 years ago, I read the books and attended the Guru's lectures on "Manifestation" and the "Power of Thought". I honestly and sincerely attempted through meditation, thought, and visualization to manifest more wealth in my life.

When I spent a year giving their process an honest go, and sincerely put a heart felt effort into manifesting better financial circumstances in my life, and then met with failure....ie it didn't happen, I attempted to have a conversation with the "Guru" about my results.

I got no sincere response, and a bunch of crap in return....doubting I had put any effort into it at all, unfounded criticisms such as my visualizations weren't clear enough, I didn't do it often enough, or I did it too often.

No matter how sincere my efforts with the techniques, I received no feedback other than insulting, demeaning, accusatory responses.

I came to a few conclusions, 1 - the Guru was not all knowing, if he was he would have known what my thoughts, feelings and efforts were, and how sincere I was. 2 - he was a scamming person looking for money, with nothing to offer, and no matter what anyone actually tried to do, they were never going to get it right, and their failure was because they were doing it wrong, no matter how hard they worked at his techniques, nor how honest they were at following his instructions.

This is exactly the anatomy of a scam, sell someone something that doesn't work, when they give it an honest go, and fail, tell them how wrong they were, throw doubt at them, and then capitalize on their frustrations, by selling them something else that will help them succeed and over come their failure. When the second purchase fails, repeat said process.

The secret is a lie, it has no real truth in it.

If there is any real truth in it, it is that hard effort, struggle, and making mistakes and learning from them will eventually lead to success, and having a realistic and honest attitude will create that success.

Optimism, that's for another post.....but let me ask, how often have you seen a person working at something that you know was going to fail, and when you offered your view sincerely trying to help them avert their pain from failure, only to be labeled negative, and have them run around telling you how optimistic they are.....? Only to fail!

Seen it more times then I can count....optimism isn't optimism when it is combined with naivety, and stupidity, now is it? Cool
deanhills
@BigGeek. It may not work for you, but it does for others. I really believe in that saying: Whatever lights your candle and works for you. If it does not work for you, it does not mean it is wrong for everyone else as well.

One thing for sure. People have an ability of getting inspired by a million and one things, even by themselves. If they are open to being inspired. I'm almost certain Mozart was born open to inspiration and stayed that way until the end of his life. The inspiration can be anything from being moved by music, or falling in love with someone else or doing some fantastic projects at work. I don't know how permanent it is, but at least for the while there is magic where everything becomes techni colour and life is a blast.

I'm not too crazy about people making themselves into gurus and then selling "their discovery of the secret of success" to everyone else, but if it can at least open others to the idea of being open to being inspired by that which is real around them, maybe it is worth the while.
BigGeek
deanhills wrote:
@BigGeek. It may not work for you, but it does for others. I really believe in that saying: Whatever lights your candle and works for you. If it does not work for you, it does not mean it is wrong for everyone else as well.

One thing for sure. People have an ability of getting inspired by a million and one things, even by themselves. If they are open to being inspired. I'm almost certain Mozart was born open to inspiration and stayed that way until the end of his life. The inspiration can be anything from being moved by music, or falling in love with someone else or doing some fantastic projects at work. I don't know how permanent it is, but at least for the while there is magic where everything becomes techni colour and life is a blast.

I'm not too crazy about people making themselves into gurus and then selling "their discovery of the secret of success" to everyone else, but if it can at least open others to the idea of being open to being inspired by that which is real around them, maybe it is worth the while.

I have no problem with people being inspired, and inspiration comes in many forms. Sure if books like "The Secret" inspire you then cool. However be careful, in her book she makes the statement that if bad things happen to you, car wreck, theft of your belongings, and so forth, that they are the product of your negative thoughts. This is psychologically damaging and an unfounded ugly accusation, and the sort of thing that leads me to think she has nothing real to offer people.

As far as visualization of the things that you want in life, the video on her site depicts a woman standing in front of a jewelry store picturing a necklace in the window around her neck. Next scene is her walking home with the necklace on. If you think it is so, and visualize it then it becomes reality......like that is some sort of miracle that leads you to wealth and abundance?

And what happens to the impoverished little girl that spends years dreaming about a beautiful extremely expensive necklace and works hard her life to save and buy it, only never to be able to afford the necklace. Does that mean that she is a failure, that she didn't visualize hard enough, or work long enough at school? The sad part is that I've seen that happen before, more than once, and it's sad to see the effect that kind of belief system has on believers when they fail!

I wouldn't lay that sort of a head trip on my dog, let alone another human!! Actually the dog isn't smart enough to fall for it Laughing
audiodevelop
Greatking wrote:
QUESTION: If I intend for my relationship to improve, but my spouse doesnít seem to care, what will happen?

This is an example of intending conflict. Youíre projecting one intention for your avatar and one for your spouse, so the actual unified intention is that of conflict. Hence the result you experience, subject to the influence of your higher order beliefs, will be to experience conflict with your spouse. If your thoughts are conflicted, your reality is conflicted.

This is why assuming responsibility for your thoughts is so important. If you want to see peace in the world, then intend peace for EVERYTHING in your reality. If you want to see abundance in the world, then intend it for EVERYONE. If you want to enjoy loving relationships, then intend loving relationships for ALL. If you intend these only for your own avatar but not for others, then youíre intending conflict, division, and separation; consequently, thatís what youíll experience.

If you stop thinking about something entirely, does that mean it disappears? Yes, technically it does. But in practice itís next to impossible to uncreate what youíve already manifested. Youíll continue creating the same problems just by noticing them. But when you assume 100% responsibility for everything youíre experiencing in your reality right now ó absolutely everything ó then you assume the power to alter your reality by rechanneling your thoughts.

This entire reality is your creation. Feel good about that. Feel grateful for the richness of your world. And then begin creating the reality you truly want by making decisions and holding intentions. Think about what you desire, and withdraw your thoughts from what you donít want. The most natural, easiest way to do this is to pay attention to your emotions.

Thinking about your desires feels good, and thinking about what you donít want makes you feel bad. When you notice yourself feeling bad, youíve caught yourself thinking about something you donít want. Turn your focus back towards what you do want, and your emotional state will improve rapidly. As you do this repeatedly, youíll begin to see your physical reality shift too, first in subtle ways and then in bigger leaps.

I too am just a manifestation of your consciousness. I play the role you expect me to play. If you expect me to be a helpful guide, I will be. If you expect me to be profound and insightful, I will be. If you expect me to be confused or deluded, I will be. But of course thereís no distinct ME that is separate from YOU. Iím just one of your many creations. I am what you intend me to be.

But deep down you already knew that, didnít you?

I'm a firm believer of the secret and the law of attraction. This really strikes up an interesting point. You say that you are just a manifestation of my reality. But then you are YOU, aren't you? I mean, you do have your own choices and take your own actions, don't you?
You may be right about feelings and emotions and focusing on what we want to manifest.
But I do feel that YOUR actions and choices don't speak out or answer another's thoughts.

I mean everyone can do anything that pleases them. It's just another's awareness that allows them to observe your actions or not. The intent of your actions are not related to what they want you to do.

This is what happens when you want someone to do something for you, say like if you want someone to love you. They will do what they truly desire. We can only observe their actions. We can't force them to do something that's not in alignment with what they want. We can love them. We can love someone, but I think true love should come from wanting the other person to be happy rather than wanting to keep them confined to what we want. This is where people fail to realize the true positive force of love, or every other positive emotion. We think that control makes us happy, while we ourselves value freedom. d'oh!

I believe that good things happen to those who truly believe they deserve it.Dancing
Wanting something is easy. But actually being with what we deserve is something more complex. It depends on our inner being. Truthfully, Everyone on Earth DESERVE the life they want. But limiting beliefs prevent that from happening, like "Oh its just a dream, it'll never happen to me".

The law of attraction is dangerous. It works, no doubt, but like the law of gravity, we can not work against it. Shame on you Brick wall
pauline5765
It's not the case in all times. You have to do something. Anything without effort will lead to nothing.