FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Borderlands

Borderlands?
Love
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Hate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Meh
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

achowles
Seeing as this game doesn't have a topic here I'm going to have to make one.

So, who's a fan of 4 player co-op FPS with Diablo style looting on a backwards planet with a 1000000:1 bandit/civilian ratio? I know I am! After all, it's got Claptraps in it. Not forgetting the bazillions of guns either.

Also: what would you like to see from future DLC and/or a sequel? For DLC, I for one would like to see more payment options and no friggin' install limits. No point in there being DLC if I can't even get it. :p
SunD3R
Yeah I've got the game and its been pretty awesome so far. I finished my first play through and am now in the second which seems even better than before. It really is an enjoyable game to play with your friends. With 3,166,880 different guns, the will never end!

CL4P-TP the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin! LMAO.
achowles
SunD3R wrote:
With 3,166,880 different guns, the will never end!
CL4P-TP the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin! LMAO.

I think I speak for all when I say "needs more guns!". Very Happy There are some different weapon classes they could introduce. Like a nail gun. I won't be happy until I'm nailing fresh trophies to the wall, dammit! They've thought of pretty much everything else though.

That little guy is going to become the bane of entire systems and you know it. FEAR THE CLAPTRAP!
Diablosblizz
I'd like to get this game, but I'm still debating it. I love the thousands of guns though, they spent LOTS of time on it. I remember reading about it last year in school (magazine) and they said that the developers when through it again and polished the graphics. It looked like a bad game in the magazine, but now it just looks awesome!
achowles
Diablosblizz wrote:
I'd like to get this game, but I'm still debating it. I love the thousands of guns though, they spent LOTS of time on it. I remember reading about it last year in school (magazine) and they said that the developers when through it again and polished the graphics. It looked like a bad game in the magazine, but now it just looks awesome!

Yeah, it looked completely generic before. But now it looks great. Better still, it plays great too and is addictive as hell.
QrafTee
If your friends have this game, there is no reason not to have it. Otherwise playing with other people is fun. I don't recommend playing alone though.
lethaltriad
Love this game, it has me soo hooked on it i'm thinking of trying the other classes when i'm done with it. Right now i'm a level 37 beserker and have the perfect set of weapons. I love the elemental weapons just wish there was a way to customise your weapons and add elemental damage and manually change the clip size. Have lots of money but nothing to spend it on. Overal fun shoot em up RPG type game!
achowles
lethaltriad wrote:
just wish there was a way to customise your weapons and add elemental damage and manually change the clip size. Have lots of money but nothing to spend it on. Overal fun shoot em up RPG type game!

Yeah, some weapon customisation would be nice. As would something else to spend your money on. I think that including a gambling option would be a simple yet good idea. So you pay a flat fee for an SMG without knowing the stats. It could be worse than what you pay or it could be awesome.

But yes providing something that makes money less worthless in the game would be a bonus. As would increasing the level cap.
QrafTee
achowles wrote:
lethaltriad wrote:
just wish there was a way to customise your weapons and add elemental damage and manually change the clip size. Have lots of money but nothing to spend it on. Overal fun shoot em up RPG type game!

Yeah, some weapon customisation would be nice. As would something else to spend your money on. I think that including a gambling option would be a simple yet good idea. So you pay a flat fee for an SMG without knowing the stats. It could be worse than what you pay or it could be awesome.

But yes providing something that makes money less worthless in the game would be a bonus. As would increasing the level cap.
Personally I don't think money feels worthless until the end of the game. In the beginning to middle of the game, I was always broke because I kept buying items. Although there would be a lot less for that if you're a Soldier with an Ammo Turret.
weableandbob
I haven't played it yet, but it looks amazing, and some of my friends and I were thinking of getting the 4 for 3 pack soon.
achowles
QrafTee wrote:
Personally I don't think money feels worthless until the end of the game. In the beginning to middle of the game, I was always broke because I kept buying items. Although there would be a lot less for that if you're a Soldier with an Ammo Turret.

Ammo regeneration is a must for me. At least later on in the game. Aside from Brick (which I haven't tired yet) it's easy to get some form of ammo regen going. Plus there's usually more than enough of the ammo you're using in various containers scattered around.
achowles
weableandbob wrote:
I haven't played it yet, but it looks amazing, and some of my friends and I were thinking of getting the 4 for 3 pack soon.

It's definitely geared towards coop play. I definitely recommend this one. I was pretty unsure about it before I got it, but it's amazing once you get into it.
lethaltriad
I finally beat it being on Level 37 and decided to start over again, much more interesting and I finally see some weapons with ammo regen. After I finish it again lol i'll try a different character, I heard those turrets are pretty handy in a tight spot.
achowles
lethaltriad wrote:
I finally beat it being on Level 37 and decided to start over again, much more interesting and I finally see some weapons with ammo regen. After I finish it again lol i'll try a different character, I heard those turrets are pretty handy in a tight spot.

Just remember there's a level cap at 50. But the next DLC is supposed to raise it. I don't know anything more about that one though.
Flakky
achowles wrote:
lethaltriad wrote:

There is a level cap? I hate games like theses.
lethaltriad
achowles wrote:
lethaltriad wrote:

Just remember there's a level cap at 50. But the next DLC is supposed to raise it. I don't know anything more about that one though.

Thanks for the heads up, reminds me of when I was playing Fallout and found out too late about the level cap. I'll probably restart then from now using a new character.
andysart380
ok after reading just a few posts here i think im hooked on the game already and i dont even have it...ill be getting it soon now that i looked here
Flakky
lethaltriad wrote:
achowles wrote:
lethaltriad wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, reminds me of when I was playing Fallout and found out too late about the level cap. I'll probably restart then from now using a new character.
I stopped playing once I found out of the level cap. There are mods for fallout to stop the level cap and to get more than 100 points per stat Smile