FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

House of Night

kutekitten
Has anyone here read the House of night series? It hasn't been completed yet, but the books that are out are incredible...

Marked is the first book.

Quote:
Zoey Redbird, a 16 year old girl has been marked by a Tracker, a vampyre that marks teenagers to become fledgling vampyres. After, being shunned by her "friends" and family (except her ex-boyfriend Heath), Zoey goes to her grandmother's house and passes out (a consequence of fledglings if they stay away from adult vampyres for too long) on the steps leading up to the house. While passed out, she has a vision of the Goddess, Nyx, and wakes up with her crescent moon Mark all filled in (a feature only seen in ADULT vampyres). Her grandmother then finds her and takes her to the House of Night, a vampyre finishing school. Zoey quickly finds a group of friends- Damien, an extremely nice and intelligent gay boy, Stevie Rae, a girl with an Oklahoma accent who becomes Zoey's best friend, & Erin and Shaunee, best friends who are freakishly alike even though they look different (they are nicknamed "The Twins"). Zoey also meets the High Priestess in Training, Aphrodite, who is pretty, mean, and the queen of the social scene. The book is centered around Zoey fitting in with the school and finding her place, along with a few hints of the next book to come.

I have only read the first three, but I would have read more if my libraries had any I could get my hands on, and if I weren't broke...
tchaunt
From the quote in your post, I personally feel as though the story is rather cliche. I can't say much considering I've not read it, but I don't really plan on reading it either. Literary-soaps just don't appeal to me.
phantombr
Already bought the book Marked and Betrayed. But I still not started to read. I have a friend who began to read Marked and didn't much liked the beginning and then stopped. I am already more persistent, even the begin is not very engaging, I continue to the end. Because, the best of a book is always from half to the end.
kutekitten
phantombr wrote:
Because, the best of a book is always from half to the end.

I agree completely, the beginning is usually the most boring part just because the author is introducing the characters and the setting. Once you get into it, there are a lot more things going on, and it gets more exciting once you get a couple plots going.
phantombr
kutekitten wrote:
phantombr wrote:
Because, the best of a book is always from half to the end.

I agree completely, the beginning is usually the most boring part just because the author is introducing the characters and the setting. Once you get into it, there are a lot more things going on, and it gets more exciting once you get a couple plots going.

Exactly... and this is why it did not accept the opinion of my friend and still bought the two books. Now just take time and start reading...
JessieF
It sounds cliche, but for some reason, I like drama in literature, despite hating it in real life. Laughing I think despite being cliche and stereotypical, I'd still enjoy it. I doubt it'd be a favorite though. Thanks for sharing. : )
TurtleShell
Really not into the whole "vampire" thing. I read the twilight series and I love to hate it, like a lot of people. Still, I'm more of a ghostie girl myself.