FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Between text and point-and-click adventures

Peterssidan
There is text adventures. There is also is also point-and-click adventures like Monkey Island. In between we a mix of both where you type things like in a text adventure but the graphics are like in the point-and-click adventures. Some of the games in this genre is King's Quest, Hugo's House of Horrors and probably my favourite, The Adventures of Maddog Williams in the Dungeons of Duridian. I like this kind of games more than point-and-click adventures but unfortunately they are not too many. What is this kind of game called? Anyone knows?
coreymanshack
Peterssidan wrote:
There is text adventures. There is also is also point-and-click adventures like Monkey Island. In between we a mix of both where you type things like in a text adventure but the graphics are like in the point-and-click adventures. Some of the games in this genre is King's Quest, Hugo's House of Horrors and probably my favourite, The Adventures of Maddog Williams in the Dungeons of Duridian. I like this kind of games more than point-and-click adventures but unfortunately they are not too many. What is this kind of game called? Anyone knows?

A mud? Like http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/ ?
Peterssidan
I don't know if it was clear, I want to know because I don't know what to call it. Instead of a short word I have to give a full description of what I mean and it would be easier if it had a standard name that was the right one.

coreymanshack wrote:
A mud? Like http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/ ?

No not at all. It's much like monkey island but instead of clicking "look at" and then click on an item you type in "look item" to look at "item".

Here are some screenshots if you don't get it:
Maddog
Police Quest
Hero's Quest