FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quick Question

webapp
I have a high traffic Website ( Auto used car sales) which is currently hosted on another host,

But i want to move it over to frihost. This would certainly mean that the bandwidth will go up....Is that a restriction.....

I have a lot of highquality images and usually my bandwidth consumption is less than 1GB /month but i am asking to make sure there won't be any problem with it.

If frihost admins wish i could post a couple of google ads on my site....Just to show my appreciation to frihost... Razz
Bondings
I normally don't put google ads on other people's websites for security reasons. I have been thinking of it, but it's really not a good idea to do that.

We have up to 10 GB of bandwidth usage. Most of the time it's not the bandwidth usage that is the problem but the cpu usage. So the more static (images) and less dynamic (php/forums/cgi) your website is, the better.

Oh and some advise. You just got two emails (or should have gotten) claiming that you aren't active enough on this forum and need to keep your Points positive. The thing is, I remove accounts at -20Points, so certainly to host such a big site, please be more active in this forum.
gonzo
webapp wrote:
I have a high traffic Website ( Auto used car sales)

Why in the name of blue would you want to place an active commerce site on free hosting???
Bondings
gonzo wrote:
webapp wrote:
I have a high traffic Website ( Auto used car sales)

Why in the name of blue would you want to place an active commerce site on free hosting???

Maybe veeery cheap cars. Wink
webapp
Oh Thanks

This site is just to showcase our cars to the world.....

it doesn't have any ecommerce / creditcard links use etc.....

I use to have the site hosted (Paid) earlier on another host i just got fed up with their cat and dog fights......

The admin over there seemed very amatuerish and funny.....That site got hacked a multiple number of times and We finally got fed up..........

One of my friends recommended frihost... He told me even though u guys are Free host.... You are better than paid hosting............So i thought letme check it up.....

I am happy with the performance / speed of frihost...... If at any point of time Frihost admins decide they want to offer paid hosting i might be interested.

I will stay active on the forum.....Just that after registering i was gone on vacation and just got back.....so my points have gone down... Sad
Daniel15
Just try to keep your points above -20. At -20 points, the FriHost staff will remove your account if they think you are inactive. Remember that 1 point is deducted every day, so try and have as many points as possible (but there's an upper limit of 45).
charliehk
That means we could have a max of 45 + 20 days without posting?

Of course I will try not to abuse it!

btw, any restrictions on the language we used in hosting our websites?
php_wizard_l33t
All languages are welcome for your site hosted on Frihost.