FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Iphone 3GS

joostvane
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has an Iphone here, or is planning to buy one. I recently bought myself one and after 2 weeks I must admit that it was expensive, but totally worth it. I never have enjoyed a portable device so much. I wanted to share my experience with it and discuss it here.

I used to walk in my pockets with a cellphone and an mp3 player. I am 17 years old, and I go out a in the evenings (and go to school) every day with my bike. I really like to listen to some music while riding my bike. With my Iphone, I have a camera, cellphone, Ipod and much more in one.

An Iphone 3GS in Belgium is 575 EUR for the 16GB version and 675 for the 32GB. I pay 15 EUR/month for unlimted texting and calling 1 hour. I also pay 9 EUR/month for an insurance. The insurance basicly covers anything that could happen to my Iphone. If I get robbed, get pickpocketed or even drop it by accident. Even if it would get covered by fluids or someone would steal it and call on my name, I would be covered. Also scratches and if my pocket gets kicked and the touch screen gets broken, is insured.

So why I actually bought on Iphone, and the 10 things I like most about it.
1) As I said before: it is everything I use 'on the road' in one: my cellphone, Ipod and camera. The camera is quite good for normal, short, captures: a snapshot of a concert or my friends doing crazy stuff at night.
2) If you handle it well, and aren't on 3G/Wifi all the time, the battery life is quite good.
3) Text messaging is very easy. Texting now goes in some 'chat interface' and with the new keyboard it goes very fast and is very comfortable. I really enjoy this feature as I text... a lot.
4) When I am at home I had to take my laptop with me if I wanted to chill on MSN with my friends while watching TV or something. Now I just take my Iphone and go on Ebuddy while watching tv. Also facebook, netlog, ... are included.
5) Skype is one of my favourite applications on the Iphone. When I am home I can use skype on my wifi and use it as an actual phone.
6) In the morning while eating breakfast, I can just check the newspaper online. I can also check the weather forecasts.
7) When I am bored there are TONS of applications out there; some of my favourites are Poker, Need for speed, TItrain fitness, ...
Cool When I need to check my email at home, but when I am to lazy to start my computer, I just check it on my Iphone. Takes 2 seconds.
9) I got some neat programs to help me with my school work on my Iphone. I got a translator, but also some programs I use for physics and maths.
10) Organising my contacts and meetings. Its so hard to keep track of all the birthdays & all. With my Iphone I have almost unlimited space to store all this in an application I actually choose for organising everything.

What are the features you like most about your Iphone? What do you dislike about it? Please let me know.
pll
joostvane wrote:
. I also pay 9 EUR/month for an insurance. The insurance basicly covers anything that could happen to my Iphone. If I get robbed, get pickpocketed or even drop it by accident. Even if it would get covered by fluids or someone would steal it and call on my name, I would be covered. Also scratches and if my pocket gets kicked and the touch screen gets broken, is insured.

Wow, there's nothing like that here in america.
I'm thinking about getting one sometime soon but I don't know if I can pay it, here it's like 199$ for the phone + a 3 years contract (about 50$ a month). And we MUST TAKE the data with it. That's the pain of the iphone, I don't want the data plan that comes with it, I have WIFI ! I juste want ONE DEVICE, that does everything ; Ipod, Phone, Cam.

And the iphone is the best of these worlds (ipod, phone, cam) it's the best ipod (it's like an ipod touch), it's a good phone and it does take great pictures!

I want one!! But I don't know if I can afford!

I don't know if the Google (nexus) phone will beat it.
weableandbob
It doesn't seem a whole lot better than the previous version to me, although it shouldn't matter since I can't get it anyways Confused
menino
I've seen the iphone from a friend who has it, but its a 2G and its still pretty good.
I want one, but here in the middle east, its close to $800, which is way out of my budget.
I hope the 4G goes cheaper, when it comes out, or the chinese make a good affordable replica of it. Laughing
Gushe
There are already hundreds of replica's. The SciPhone is a pretty common one.
pll
I think I'm gonna wait to get one there are tons of new companies of wireless phone coming here in canada, so I'll have to wait and see what's happening with them!
Schyllic
I bought the iPhone 3GS a few months ago and I really like it. I admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse because of the more open environment provided on the Android phones.
ForceRun
I went from my Blackjack II to the Iphone 3gs in Sept. I have heard a lot of bad things about at&t and the iphone problems. But, I have yet to experience any problems at all. I think as long are you not in one of the few cities that have crapy service the IPhone is wonderful.
FunDa
So .. finally the Google Nexus phone is coming.

I think I'll like the iPhone, but I've not really used it. A friend who was visiting had one and showed me the basic features. I'm excited about the multitouch concept.

The other phones don't have multi-touch I bleieve.

Is it really because of a patent problem or is there really no Apple patent for multi-touch as some websites claim. That would mean, all the Android phones too can implement multi touch soon.

I hope they do, coz then Google Nexus will become my dream phone with no competition from iPhone at all.
nigam
Wow that's really nice to hear about Iphone, you know I am planning to buy it that's why I am reading reviews for this phone. but suddenly I cross to some website that Google are releasing their 1st Phone on the market this coming Jan. 5, 2010 and that's tomorrow. That's why I had a second thought of buying iphone because they say the Nexus One which comes from Google is like Iphone + Added feature and more Processor = Nexus One. Hayyyyy I hope they will release it already and ship it here in our country so that it will be available to our market. Thank you.
aningbo
Code:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has an Iphone here, or is planning to buy one. I recently bought myself one and after 2 weeks I must admit that it was expensive, but totally worth it. I never have enjoyed a portable device so much. I wanted to share my experience with it and discuss it here.

I used to walk in my pockets with a cellphone and an mp3 player. I am 17 years old, and I go out a in the evenings (and go to school) every day with my bike. I really like to listen to some music while riding my bike. With my Iphone, I have a [b]camera, cellphone, Ipod and much more in one.[/b]

An Iphone 3GS in Belgium is 575 EUR for  the 16GB version and 675 for the 32GB. I pay 15 EUR/month for unlimted texting and calling 1 hour. I also pay 9 EUR/month for an insurance. The insurance basicly covers anything that could happen to my Iphone. If I get robbed, get pickpocketed or even drop it by accident. Even if it would get covered by fluids or someone would steal it and call on my name, I would be covered. Also scratches and if my pocket gets kicked and the touch screen gets broken, is insured.

So why I actually bought on Iphone, and the 10 things I like most about it.
1) As I said before: it is everything I use 'on the road' in one: my cellphone, Ipod and camera. The camera is quite good for normal, short, captures: a snapshot of a concert or my friends doing crazy stuff at night.
2) If you handle it well, and aren't on 3G/Wifi all the time, the battery life is quite good.
3) Text messaging is very easy. Texting now goes in some 'chat interface' and with the new keyboard it goes very fast and is very comfortable. I really enjoy this feature as I text... a lot.
4) When I am at home I had to take my laptop with me if I wanted to chill on MSN with my friends  while watching TV or something. Now I just take my Iphone and go on Ebuddy while watching tv. Also facebook, netlog, ... are included.
5) Skype is one of my favourite applications on the Iphone. When I am home I can use skype on my wifi and use it as an actual phone.
6) In the morning while eating breakfast, I can just check the newspaper online. I can also check the weather forecasts.
7) When I am bored there are TONS of applications out there; some of my favourites are Poker, Need for speed, TItrain fitness, ...
8) When I need to check my email at home, but when I am to lazy to start my computer, I just check it on my Iphone. Takes 2 seconds.
9) I got some neat programs to help me with my school work on my Iphone. I got a translator, but also some programs I use for physics and maths.
10) Organising my contacts and meetings. Its so hard to keep track of all the birthdays & all. With my Iphone I have almost unlimited space to store all this in an application I actually choose for organising everything.

What are the features you like most about your Iphone? What do you dislike about it? Please let me know.

i don't have one. a gift would be great. anyone listening? windows mobiles are a great option but the touch screen in iphone is just awesome.
guth75
I don't have an iPhone but I have an iPod Touch and love it. It makes a great gift!
nigam
IPhones is really a great phone before the time when there's no NexusOne yet available. But now iphone is the thing of the past and NwxusOne is the future. Try visiting google.com/phone