FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I had Swine Flu, How 'bout U?

guth75
Hey, I had swine flu when it started going around PA, and I wanna see if a lot of other people had it.

If you could, please state the following

Have you had it?
Did you get the Vaccine?
How many vaccinations? (Many people got quite a few)
What type of Vaccine?

Just some information that might make an interesting thread for frihost... lets wait and see
mikakiev
I'd like to ask your experience!
Was your sample checked? Or just your doctor decided fro your symptom?
Were you treated with vaccination?
I'm curious, indeed.
Ghost Rider103
Thankfully, I haven't had it. I hope I don't get it either.

Did I get the Vaccine? No.

I haven't had any Vaccines either. I usually don't get any either.

I'd also like to know your experience. Also, how long did it last for you?
deanhills
I have not had Swine Flu, but I had a very serious flu over the last two weeks. That gave me a hands-on experience of how focussed we have become on one virus, to the exclusion of other flu viruses, that may also be very serious, and fatal. It started with a very slight itchy throat the evening before, and the next morning I felt this huge congestion in my chest. Then when I coughed the first time, I literally could not get air. That was one of the scariest moments in my life. I was seriously contemplating going to a Hospital, and then thought to go to a pharmacy who let me have anti-biotics without a prescription. I rarely get the flu, and haven't had any for about three years, and this one really took my breath away. My chest is still not completely cleared up and I'm beginning to recover, but apparently this flu is going around where I am, yet gets unreported as all we hear about is Swine Flu. I am an expat in the Middle East and where I am there are very few cases of Swine Flu, as well as very few deaths, yet all of the energy on the Public Health Preventitive care front seems to be focussed on Swine Flu to the exclusion of other viruses.
rogue_skydragon
I contracted a mild case of Swine Flu in the beginning of October, after my roommate had contracted full-on Swine. My symptoms included coughing, chest congestion, sneezing, headaches, muscle aches, and runny nose. I did not, however get the vaccine. Rather, once I figured that I had gotten the flu from my roommate, I immediately began to take flu medicine, antibiotics, and echinacea. I also stayed away from caffine and made sure to drink lots of vitamin-rich fluids like Gatorade.
deanhills
rogue_skydragon wrote:
I contracted a mild case of Swine Flu in the beginning of October, after my roommate had contracted full-on Swine. My symptoms included coughing, chest congestion, sneezing, headaches, muscle aches, and runny nose. I did not, however get the vaccine. Rather, once I figured that I had gotten the flu from my roommate, I immediately began to take flu medicine, antibiotics, and echinacea. I also stayed away from caffine and made sure to drink lots of vitamin-rich fluids like Gatorade.
The symptoms of your mild case of Swine Flu are the same as my flu. Wonder whether I had Swine Flu Shocked I thought that there were big nauseau and vomiting involved and was looking out for those symptoms, did you or your roomate have any of those symptoms? What I had though couldn't be that virulent as no one at the office got the flu from me. So far anyway .... Twisted Evil I did exactly the same as you did (actually forgot about my echinacea), but took plenty of vitamin C and anti-biotics as well as citrus fruits and fluids and stayed away from caffeine. I'm almost fully recovered now.
Magicman
So many people at my school got swine flu but I didn't. I did get vaccinated by the nasal spray though. Those who did have it didn't seem to think that it was as terrible as it was made out to be but I was glad that I didn't get it given the amount of exposure I had with those who were sick.
deanhills
Magicman wrote:
So many people at my school got swine flu but I didn't. I did get vaccinated by the nasal spray though. Those who did have it didn't seem to think that it was as terrible as it was made out to be but I was glad that I didn't get it given the amount of exposure I had with those who were sick.
What was the nasal spray like, where did you get it? Did you have to buy it, or was the spray done for you?
Magicman
deanhills wrote:
Magicman wrote:
What was the nasal spray like, where did you get it? Did you have to buy it, or was the spray done for you?

Vaccinations were offered for free from my school. It was administered by a nurse but it didn't seem like anything I couldn't have done myself seeing as I use nasal sprays for my allergies all the time.
gandalfthegrey
I'm not sure if I did or not. I had a pretty bad flu a month ago which I had to see a doctor for and get anti-biotics.
mikakiev
Seeing these posts, Swine flu doesn't sound terrible as we are thinking.
One of my friend got it, his sample was checked in a hospital and he was diagnosed clearly. He just stayed home for 5days and worked with internet. I guess even he could join meetings with web camera...because his company; a big Japanese firm makes people work incredibly hard. He said "The first day was hard, because of the fever, it was alright, not too bad after that. "
RubySlasher
I got a weird flu that last about 2 weeks. My nose was all runny and I always had a headache. I don't know what it was nor did I go to the doctor. I just stayed home and hid.
loyal
Is swine flu actually significantly worse than normal flu? (As far as I can see, the problem is that it's a type of flu no-one's had).

Peace.
mikakiev
Ukrainian flu news As the pandemic virus has rapidly become the dominant influenza strain worldwide, it can be assumed that most cases of influenza in Ukraine are caused by the H1N1 virus,” the agency said.
“Judging from the symptomalogy of the reported victims, it seems highly improbable that there are less than one-hundred deaths considering the amount of infections stated,” said Lau. The dominant H1N1 influenza strain has not been capable of producing such a large amount of infections or deaths in such a short period. “The H1N1 swine flu virus is mild in comparison to the influenza strain currently attacking the Ukraine, it is not the same virus or strain as what we’ve seen,” added Lau.
The expeditious rise in infections and deaths in the past few days raise many concerns that the virus is transmitting very efficiently. Spikes in cases have been reported throughout the northern hemisphere, but the increased fatalities and the frequency in hemorrhagic cases in Ukraine have particularly raised concerns.
The highest rates of “acute respiratory illness/influenza-like illness” were found in western areas, while they were also increasing rapidly around the capital Kiev, according to the WHO. Eighty-one people have died as a result of flu and acute respiratory infections, the Ukrainian health ministry said, but the pandemic A(H1N1) virus has been confirmed in only one of the fatal cases.
Greatking
thank God i did not experince that awefull disease. but sorry to those who had it. hope it never resurfaces.
Crinoid
No, I had not swine flu, neither anyone I know and those they know... Most were not vaccinated.
Zsupermassive
Thank God I haven't had it and I hope I don't ever and I never got the vaccination. I hope it dies out -_-
programitv
guth75 wrote:
Hey, I had swine flu when it started going around PA, and I wanna see if a lot of other people had it.

If you could, please state the following

Have you had it?
Did you get the Vaccine?
How many vaccinations? (Many people got quite a few)
What type of Vaccine?

Just some information that might make an interesting thread for frihost... lets wait and see

I didn`t get it, but I got another serious flu. I didn`t do the flu vaccination, just took a lot of C vitamine to boost my immunity system