FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

shopping cart

jjhawaii2009
what is the easiest way that you can add a shopping cart to your website?
carlospro7
probably to buy pre-packaged software like X-Cart and install it in your server.
Ghost Rider103
I'm not much of a programmer, but I believe carlospro7 is correct.

There are many shopping cart systems out there that you can implement into your website. Zen Cart is another one that I know of that is pretty good. You can Google it if you're interested.

Or if you don't have that much experience and want to do it on your own, Paypal has a very simple system to use. You set up your product in Paypal, and then they give you a code to place on your website and it will show up. It's not near as effective as a shopping cart system, but it will do the job.
Dennise
The easy way is to go ahead and set up a PayPal account and then just add in their buttons to your web page.

This approach, while easy, doesn't work well for a large and sophisticated product range. I don't believe it neither does inventory control. It does handle invoices, together with shipping and sales tax charges but in a very crude way.

Bottom line is ...... it depends on what your needs are. PayPal is about as simple as it gets to integrate an interactive sales function to your website as long as your needs are simple as well. Cool
tukun2009manit
Dennise wrote:
The easy way is to go ahead and set up a PayPal account and then just add in their buttons to your web page.

This approach, while easy, doesn't work well for a large and sophisticated product range. I don't believe it neither does inventory control. It does handle invoices, together with shipping and sales tax charges but in a very crude way.

Bottom line is ...... it depends on what your needs are. PayPal is about as simple as it gets to integrate an interactive sales function to your website as long as your needs are simple as well. Cool

zencart is also ok its open source and u will get it in sourceforge website
Cliffer
opencart is easy to use,and it's open soft too.
spring567
You should to learn php or asp.
It is good to you if you learn some program languages.
amperx
hmm i suggest you should have at least a background on what the language the cart was built upon, otherwise you'd only have problems.