FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Offering free domains with competitions?

Bondings
I've been thinking for quite a while now about offering free domain names next to the hosting. Now that a recent topic has reminded me about it, I guess it might be time for it.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there are a lot of people interested in getting a free top-level (.com/.net/.org/...) domain name? Would you be interested and how much (I mean, would it be fantastic or just ok)?

The free domain would be for the default period of one year, either registered or renewed. And I would do my best to keep offering this service for at least a few years so that you don't lose your domain if you can't pay for it yourself.

To do this in practice, I was thinking about issuing a GoDaddy gift card for the amount of the domain. This seems the easiest way to do it, I think. However if you have better ideas of doing this, please let me know!

In my opinion the easiest/best way to start this, would be by creating some competitions with the free domain as a prize.
Quote:
The easiest way to do it is probably to give away free domains with competitions. New users can as easily win it as others, while there is no need for a lot of posts up front. Competitions like the best answer to a question, the most interesting new topic, the most posts in a certain forum during a few days (although this needs a few extra conditions for quality of posts I guess), artistic competitions like photoshop an image or writing a story, referring the most members to Frihost, ...

What seems the most interesting one to me, is that I give some topics/issues/problems and each participant chooses one of them (everyone a different one) and writes a detailed post about it. The best one (I guess finding a good way to determine the best one is the hardest part) wins a free domain. I can already think about a few topics that some members here would write very passionately about. Wink

What do you think about this? Especially what about making a detailed post/essay about a topic/issue/problem? Do you think it's a good idea and would you participate?
Ghost Rider103
I think it is a great idea. There is a lot of postings going on here at Frihost talking about if free domains are real or not. Or where to get the best prices.

I like the photoshop contest or image idea. Writing contest or best post(s) is a great as well.

I personally wouldn't participate in the contest. This is because I already have my domains purchased and would just prefer to pay for them myself.

I know there is a lot of members here that would participate though. It would probably attract a lot of new members as well.

I'd really like to see this happen.
mathiaus
Back in the days when I couldn't afford a domain, didn't have a credit/debit card and couldn't use my parents', this would have FANTASTIC. I'm less enthusiastic now but for a lot of people out there, this will be just what they are looking for. Very Happy

[putting on my old hat]
I would have participated in competitions that I though I could do well in. Image editing comps limit the entrants whereas good posting, can be done by anyone dependant on the subject matter.
[Mod hat]
This seems the best for Frihost as well by actively promoting good posting! Smile
rvec
you should take a look at this:
https://www.transip.nl/pro/domein-registratie/api/ (WARNING DUTCH CONTENT!!)
It's a provider where you can register domain names with an api. That way users wouldn't have to leave the frihost website to register a domain name, and frihost would be able to fully control the domain name (and possibly put restrictions on it like only allowing it for the frihost webhosting).

Making such an api and simple control panel shouldn't be too hard and might be an interesting project Smile .
carlospro7
depending on the contest, I may participate if I need a domain in the future. Anyway, I think this would be a great idea. It think it would also have some benefits, like have the members involved and attract more users.
truespeed
Its a good idea,anyone who comes looking for free hosting usually at some point goes looking for a domain too,so any contest that gives them the domain to go with the hosting can only be a good thing.
Nameless
It's a good idea, but would be difficult to make practically meaningful; as a competition based reward there'd be no reliability for any given member to get one, so it would amount to no more than your standard promotional giveaway (fun, maybe, but not much of a draw compared to the guaranteed service provided). Domains aren't that expensive either, so you'd really want some way of organising the service on behalf of the winner (eg. as rvec suggested) to make it worthwhile.

That said, any kind of official competitions can prove enjoyable for all participants, regardless of prize. So it could definitely be worthwhile as a means to boost forum activity and participation. Keeping that in mind, I'd suggest avoiding any purely luck based competitions. Some possible ideas that come to mind are holding a frih$ auction for the prize, creating themed webpages, (mods could pick the best half dozen or so and then users could vote for the winner) essay or debating competitions (same method), creative writing or artistic competitions (same again), or even more niche contests such as the most humorous commentary on a news story or a large game of Mafia. You could alternate between a few of the most popular ones to ensure high participation, but offer a unique one every so often to trial it and for variety.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Anyway, I wanted to know if there are a lot of people interested in getting a free top-level (.com/.net/.org/...) domain name? Would you be interested and how much (I mean, would it be fantastic or just ok)?
For me it is a fantastic suggestion, not only for myself, but I'm thinking of the category people who register for a Free website for the first time who are more or less beginners, young and possibly do not have credit cards or can't afford domains. A majority of them do not stay, and this could be an added motivation for some to get involved in the Forums and eventually be bitten by the Forum bug. Will also be fun to compete.
Asap170
What do you mean by free domain names? Like... Domain names that we pay for via Frih$ or what? I like the idea!
ocalhoun
rvec wrote:
(WARNING DUTCH CONTENT!!)

^.^
That cracks me up... It's good to have a big warning before getting any Dutch content.
Gives me time to put on my anti-Dutch protective gear on.

And, domain or no domain, I'd participate in most contests just for the fun of it... I already have more domains than I need anyway.
saratdear
I think it is a great idea. I don't have a credit/debit card...can't use my parents...you get the idea. Smile

One contest I would like to see is the writing competition. I admit I didn't participate the last time, but if a domain is the reward, I'd be tempted to put my writing hat on.
snowboardalliance
mathiaus wrote:
Back in the days when I couldn't afford a domain, didn't have a credit/debit card and couldn't use my parents', this would have FANTASTIC. I'm less enthusiastic now but for a lot of people out there, this will be just what they are looking for. Very Happy

[putting on my old hat]
I would have participated in competitions that I though I could do well in. Image editing comps limit the entrants whereas good posting, can be done by anyone dependant on the subject matter.
[Mod hat]
This seems the best for Frihost as well by actively promoting good posting! Smile

I think that's a good point.
I'd be moderately into this, as I can afford a domain name, I just haven't bothered yet to buy one (college is too time consuming)

As for competitions, I'd tap into the programming/design niche here with either photoshop contests as mentioned or programming or html/css type contests (maybe a zen garden-like contest with a static html and you make the css?)
Raidation
yes, great idea!
That would improve popularity.

Top-level domains are what a lot of people want, but they can't afford (children).
You should do this.

Except under your name. Wink
Insanity
Free things are always well-received by people in general, so the only question is if you have enough money for this. If this is going to take money out of possibly maintaining the server or whatnot, I'm sure people would prefer that it stay in that fund.

However, if you have the spare funds, why not? I really doubt anyone is going to be opposed to contests that give out free things.
Bondings
Nameless wrote:
It's a good idea, but would be difficult to make practically meaningful; as a competition based reward there'd be no reliability for any given member to get one, so it would amount to no more than your standard promotional giveaway (fun, maybe, but not much of a draw compared to the guaranteed service provided). Domains aren't that expensive either, so you'd really want some way of organising the service on behalf of the winner (eg. as rvec suggested) to make it worthwhile.

I would also provide a way to get a domain by posting (a lot), apart from the hosting.

Another option for the people who are hosted, could be to reward the people who are more active than is required for hosting. After a while they can request for a free domain and if they stay that active, the domain is renewed.

About the API, I already looked at quite a few of them and it's an option. However, it adds a lot of work (we would become more or less be a registrar) and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Also, in case something goes wrong (bad code, or getting hacked), I wouldn't like to pay for hundreds of domains or find out that all domains are transferred to somewhere else. That's why I think it's easier to work with a registrar. The GoDaddy gift card is the best thing I found as of yet.

Raidation wrote:
Except under your name.

No, it certainly wouldn't be under my name. The point is that the domains would be under complete control of the users. In case of a GoDaddy gift card, I wouldn't even know the domain name.

Asap170 wrote:
What do you mean by free domain names? Like... Domain names that we pay for via Frih$ or what? I like the idea!

That we would offer a free 1-year domain registration (and afterwards 1-year renewals) as a prize in competitions or for a certain amount of posts/activity on these forums.

Nameless wrote:
I'd suggest avoiding any purely luck based competitions.

That's my idea too. It wouldn't add anything valuable.

Quote:
Some possible ideas that come to mind are holding a frih$ auction for the prize, creating themed webpages, (mods could pick the best half dozen or so and then users could vote for the winner) essay or debating competitions (same method), creative writing or artistic competitions (same again), or even more niche contests such as the most humorous commentary on a news story or a large game of Mafia. You could alternate between a few of the most popular ones to ensure high participation, but offer a unique one every so often to trial it and for variety.

I guess there are more than enough ideas for competitions. The hardest part will be to think of a good system to choose a winner.
Crinoid
It may be interesting for a some people, but only if information about this competition and prize is be posted in highly noticeable place. Other way potential participants may not even know about such possibility.

I personally will not participate because I can afford to buy domain name, but don't want to. Then the real name with real life address and phone will be plastered on internet.
But allowing the second, completely unrelated subdomain as a hosting feature would be excellent, even half-sized. Without competition, I'm not competitions entering material Smile
adri
I would definitely participate in the contest. (although my effort would vary depending on the type of contest) I would also suggest to make a contest that takes a while to complete. (Like a story, an essay,... or a website, programming or designing contest).

Adri Surprised
Bondings
Crinoid wrote:
I personally will not participate because I can afford to buy domain name, but don't want to. Then the real name with real life address and phone will be plastered on internet.
But allowing the second, completely unrelated subdomain as a hosting feature would be excellent, even half-sized. Without competition, I'm not competitions entering material Smile

A lot of registrars have a service to hide your personal details, usually at an additional cost. NameCheap has WhoisGuard. GoDaddy has private registration, although it seems to cost as much as a domain name. These services don't work on a lot of country-specific domains, but .com/.net/.org are covered. So if you want to have a domain, but your info not wide in the open, it's definitely possible.
lagoon
Considering I'm after some cheap domains now, and I'm not exactly well-off, this is exactly the kind of thing that would make me jump at the chance to come here if I was just starting!
AftershockVibe
I like the idea. My initial thought was "well, I already have a domain". This is of course true of a lot of Frihost members. However, a giftcard solves this problem as of course the winner can pass it on if they wish (i.e. To second place or, I dunno, their mum?). The only possible concern here is that you're forced to use GoDaddy who are notorious for their poor customer service. This point is moot though provided GoDaddy doesn't charge for transfers.

What might also be nice is a "competition winner! (x2)" entry or similar to go under your post count etc alongside your posts.

Judging would be great if it could be selected from a pool of active posters. Votes would need to be given with a posted justification though and possibly some sort of moderator/Admin veto to stop people only voting for friends.

Edit: FWIW, I use 1and1.co.uk as my registrar. They do have a free privacy option, but sadly don't seem to do gift cards.
Bondings
AftershockVibe wrote:
I like the idea. My initial thought was "well, I already have a domain". This is of course true of a lot of Frihost members. However, a giftcard solves this problem as of course the winner can pass it on if they wish (i.e. To second place or, I dunno, their mum?). The only possible concern here is that you're forced to use GoDaddy who are notorious for their poor customer service. This point is moot though provided GoDaddy doesn't charge for transfers.

What might also be nice is a "competition winner! (x2)" entry or similar to go under your post count etc alongside your posts.

Judging would be great if it could be selected from a pool of active posters. Votes would need to be given with a posted justification though and possibly some sort of moderator/Admin veto to stop people only voting for friends.

Edit: FWIW, I use 1and1.co.uk as my registrar. They do have a free privacy option, but sadly don't seem to do gift cards.

I also don't really like GoDaddy, but they seem one of the only registrars with a gift card or similar.
kutekitten
I love the idea, I really can't afford a domain name right now, so having a chance at getting a free one (even for a year) is fantastic. I think the most structured way of holding a contest is by voting, but banning the selling or buying of votes (with Frih$), but that's the most I can come up with Smile I hope you do end up doing this Smile
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
The hardest part will be to think of a good system to choose a winner.
I thought that would be the easy part. You nominate a small Panel (not more than three) who are experts in each of the given Competition Subjects. You get the Panel to nominate X number of submissions, it gets voted on by Frihosters in a poll, and you select the final winner, which doesn't necessarily have to be the winner in terms of votes, as votes sometimes have a tendency to go strange. Either that, or you can make it simple and less public by selecting the winner directly from the nominations from the Panel. You could ask the Panel to rank the winners in preference so that they will do the voting on it. You make the final decision.
coreymanshack
wow... just .... wow.....
may as well delete my site.
ocalhoun
coreymanshack wrote:

Surviving competition is possible, but you have to be better than the others out there.
truespeed
ocalhoun wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

Surviving competition is possible, but you have to be better than the others out there.

The frihost active user base isn't that huge anyway,so if you were hoping to base your site on and around that,then it may not of succeeded anyway.

Carry on doing what your doing,improving your ranking on google,if you can get to page 1 or 2,that will get you many more users than frihost could ever have given you.

re:Bondings and the the free domains,would a person be allowed to enter and win more than one domain,or would winning a domain exclude them from all future contests?
Bondings
coreymanshack wrote:

I'm sorry for the competition. However, this hasn't even started and will most likely take at least a few weeks to implement.

And secondly, more importantly, the internet is rather big. There is more than enough space for a lot of these services on the internet, without any real competition to each other. It's not like Frihost reaches everyone on the internet, as truespeed already mentioned. Wink

I would rather take it from a different point of view. It's an opportunity to learn from it how you can improve your website. There are already quite a lot of ideas mentioned here. Take the things that seem the best to you and implement them like it seems the best to you.

Quote:
Bondings and the the free domains,would a person be allowed to enter and win more than one domain,or would winning a domain exclude them from all future contests?

I wouldn't like to exclude a person from the contests. Only when a person keeps winning a lot of contests, I guess we'll have to find a solution to give other users a chance to win too.

What could also be done, is instead of getting another domain, is registering it for another year. The point is that we would create a way to renew 1 (or at most 2) domains with posting (non-competition). So let's say you win 10 domains, you aren't sure to be able to renew them unless you keep winning a lot of competitions, which isn't something you can be sure of. So I would rather recommend registering 2 domains for each 5 years, 3 domains for 3-4 years or 4 domains for 2-3 years.

Quote:
I thought that would be the easy part. You nominate a small Panel (not more than three) who are experts in each of the given Competition Subjects. You get the Panel to nominate X number of submissions, it gets voted on by Frihosters in a poll, and you select the final winner, which doesn't necessarily have to be the winner in terms of votes, as votes sometimes have a tendency to go strange. Either that, or you can make it simple and less public by selecting the winner directly from the nominations from the Panel. You could ask the Panel to rank the winners in preference so that they will do the voting on it. You make the final decision.

It seems like a good way, but indeed as you mentioned a poll can go wrong. Maybe the votes should be restricted to members with at least some posts, otherwise it would be easy to register a lot of accounts and vote with those.

Do you think the votes need to be anonymous? If the votes are displayed, it would seem fairer to the users, although buying votes would become easier since you can check it. However, it could be detected by pretty much everyone. And frih$ transactions are logged, so if there is suspicion it can be checked.
shkhanal
Finally, I found frihost thinking about offering domain names too! It would be a great value add to frihost as well as to the users of this forum. If you remember "In quest of a free domain names" there were many members who could not believe that a top level domain name can be obtained for free when some forums were really providing.

Regarding implementing this program, I believe, you should not make it too hard to obtain. The sense of competition would express that a WINNER will get it and all others will LOSE. Rather than competition, I wish, you apply the frih$ for requesting a new domain name or renewing a domain name. You can reset the frih$ and start the program. Fix a certain fri$ for a domain name and renewal. That way, frih$ too will come into a use which was left for this so long. Moreover if facilities to donate or sell frih$ for certain forum fixed official rates would inspire members to be top active since they can spend their frih$. If I have already my domain name, then still, I can spend my frih$ to somebody who is willing to design graphics for my site or anything like. This way I will always be active since I can get services from forum members who need frih$ for their domain name.

Summarizing,

1. points systems be continued for hosting purpose
2. frih$ system to be made more useful by making it possible to purchase domain, renewing it, purchasing services with forum members and so on.
3. Fix some value of frih$ so that exchanging and payment to the forum members be made possible
mtorregiani
That's wonderful news Bondings! I'm sure this will make the forum even more active, as new members qill sign up, and this time not only for the hosting but also for the free domains.

As I see it, a writing contest would be OK. Not everyone knows Photoshop. However, I'm wondering, how about talking about future projects? I mean, what would be the use we will give to our domains. That way Frihost can 'sponsor' the project by buying the domain, and maybe the whole community can vote for the best projects. It's just and idea.

Thanks
Ghost900
I think this is a good idea to offer domains. I would be interested in participating depending on what the competition is. I am not a writer but if it was a Photoshop contest or something else interesting I would defiantly enter.
ocalhoun
shkhanal wrote:

2. frih$ system to be made more useful by making it possible to purchase domain, renewing it, purchasing services with forum members and so on.

That wouldn't be good... Because you have users like me with tons of frih$...

So, that gives you two choices:
1: Make domains relatively cheap in frih$, giving users like me a lot of free domains (expensive)
2: Make domains expensive in frih$, excluding any newer members from getting any for a long time (kinda defeats the point)

Competitions really are a better idea... Failing that, make a new, third currency (domain points?), that would start off with everyone having a level playing field.
Hm... perhaps 'domain points' could only be granted by moderators who point out a given post as exceptionally good? (Adding a link/button for that purpose to a moderator's viewtopic.php for each post.)
Ghost Rider103
Letting people buy domains with Frih$ might sound like a good idea, but that would get quite expensive I think.

I don't think letting people purchase domains with frih$ is a very good idea. For the two reasons ocalhoun pointed out.

Competitions would give everyone an equal chance of winning a domain in the same amount of time. Rather than charging like 2,000 frih$ or so for a domain name. It can actually take quite a while to get that many frih$ for new members, and some people have well over 2,000 frih$, making that quite expensive.

But it would be good if we could give those users with loads of Frih$ something to trade for them for all the hard work they have put in to gain those frih$.

My vote still goes for Bondings' idea.
truespeed
ocalhoun wrote:

But the frih have no value,its just a number under your name,a re-set of the frih to "0" for everyone,with the option of purchasing a domain upon getting to a set mark,would for the first time give the frih a value,and make any marketplace transaction worth something,and give the marketplace and contests forums a purpose.

Also if there was a re-set,the likes of yourself would most likely be one of the first to reach the set amount anyway.

So i would suggest to have contests to win a domain,as this would generate a lot of interest on the forums,but i would also suggest the re-set of frih to "0" as this would give the frih a purpose.
AftershockVibe
Putting usefulness of the existing $Frih system to one side, from an administration perspective $Frih for domains is a potential nightmare. Just look at how hard it is to predict and regulate real-world economies with whole institutions for this sort of thing.

Assuming that Bondings isn't King of Belgium, he doesn't have infinite resources to buy domains with. That means that the total number of $Frih in the system must be less than what he's willing to spend. Unless you get rid of $Frih for posting, even with a reset this is just going to leave a situation where most users have trivial amounts of $Frih and then the competition winners end up with a billion or so. If that's the case then you may as well just have the domain as a prize.

Using the $Frih system would be complicated and has consequences which are hard to reason.
adri
I think it would be good to involve frih$, either as an entrance fee, like 20frih$ to join the competition (so (new) members have to be active if they want to join every competition). Or as a price (the second one gets X frih$, to close the gap with a free domain and nothing for the second person). Or maybe both?

Adri
truespeed
adri wrote:
I think it would be good to involve frih$, either as an entrance fee, like 20frih$ to join the competition

Adri

That might not be a bad idea,plus it would give a use for the frih as they are now,though i wouldn't have it as low as 20,i would make it minimum 200,as that would reward those who have been around a while and posted a lot already on the forums and already gained enough frih to enter,and encourage those who are new to post more to get the 200 frih.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
adri wrote:
I think it would be good to involve frih$, either as an entrance fee, like 20frih$ to join the competition

Adri

That might not be a bad idea,plus it would give a use for the frih as they are now,though i wouldn't have it as low as 20,i would make it minimum 200,as that would reward those who have been around a while and posted a lot already on the forums and already gained enough frih to enter,and encourage those who are new to post more to get the 200 frih.
I think it would detract from the competition, and maybe discourage some to participate. The competition should be as unrestricted in participation as possible and rules limited to the competition itself.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:

I think it would detract from the competition, and maybe discourage some to participate. The competition should be as unrestricted in participation as possible and rules limited to the competition itself.

If there was only ever going to be one contest then i would agree,but from what Bondings has wrote,giving away domains could become a regular thing.

As things stand,frih have no purpose or value,for the first time since frihost began,there is an opportunity to make them into a proper forum currency,

Assuming we take the 200 frih entry fee example.

For example,if say the domains were given away monthly,anyone wanting to enter,would either have to post enough to earn 200 frih to enter . (Which is about 40 quality posts) or go into the marketplace and offer their services or fulfil a request already in there to get the required frih.

The benefits are,more posting on the forums,and more quality posting on the forums,as you won't get many frih for saying "i agree" on every other thread.

The marketplace and contests forums would become active again,as those who don't have the required frih would seek ways of getting it.
adri
truespeed wrote:
deanhills wrote:

If there was only ever going to be one contest then i would agree,but from what Bondings has wrote,giving away domains could become a regular thing.

As things stand,frih have no purpose or value,for the first time since frihost began,there is an opportunity to make them into a proper forum currency,

Assuming we take the 200 frih entry fee example.

For example,if say the domains were given away monthly,anyone wanting to enter,would either have to post enough to earn 200 frih to enter . (Which is about 40 quality posts) or go into the marketplace and offer their services or fulfil a request already in there to get the required frih.

The benefits are,more posting on the forums,and more quality posting on the forums,as you won't get many frih for saying "i agree" on every other thread.

The marketplace and contests forums would become active again,as those who don't have the required frih would seek ways of getting it.

We shouldn't make the entrance fee (just for now assume that their will be an entrance fee) too high, because that would discourage new members to join because it takes a while to get like 200frih$. The competition would also be a competition for 'older' members which isn't exactly what Bondings wants (I guess Razz ).

Adri Smile
metalfreek
When i first landed on this site, i was thinking that i would get a top level domain name as well. It seems my thought will come to reality soon. Here is my suggestion.
1. Create a competition on writing, designing etc etc.
2. Take some FRIH$ (like Frih$75)as an entrance fee.
3. Make this competition very regular depending upon the domain name you want to distribute throughout the year.

Whatever might be the idea, but please make use of Frih$.
sonam
I like idea about free domains but I don't like idea about competitions. It is not easy to create good competition for all members. For example, non english members are out of game in writing competition, isn't it? Rolling Eyes I think the frih$ are more relevant indicator about member activity and posts quality then some competitions work. But for new members we can create one poker competition rules. Some moderator (or old member maybe) can start open competition with e.g. 50frih$. All new members what would like to join this comptetition must pay the same amount. On the end the winer get all money. After few wins he/she will get enought frih$ for buy top level domain.

Sonam
truespeed
adri wrote:

We shouldn't make the entrance fee (just for now assume that their will be an entrance fee) too high, because that would discourage new members to join because it takes a while to get like 200frih$. The competition would also be a competition for 'older' members which isn't exactly what Bondings wants (I guess Razz ).

Adri Smile

Probably 200 frih (40 posts) is a bit too much,but i think 100 frih would be a fair amount,as its not too low to allow anyone entry,but high enough to ensure those who entered have earned it by posting on the forums.
Bondings
The point of competitions is also to attract completely new members to these forums. I would also try to promote it on some websites, especially forums. An entry fee would completely go against that goal.
truespeed
That's fair enough,hopefully it will have the desired affect and bring some more people to the forums.

The only problem i could maybe see is,people joining up just for the contests and winning the domains,and never contributing or returning to frihost once they have it.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
adri wrote:

Adri

Indeed... when running a contest you always want to increase participation, not place barriers.
And Bondings is correct that charging and entry fee would defeat much of the purpose of getting any new members because of it.
mk12327
I was away overseas for quite a few weeks and had seemed to missed out on a great deal of discussions, especially this one. I had read through all the replies and arguements in this topic and here are my views:

1. I find the idea of having free domain competition fantastic. It helps new members get started and also helps in promoting frihost.

2. GoDaddy gift cards seems to be the way to go for this free domain competition concept. It provides flexibility to the winner and Bondings himself. It also saves Bondings on some administrative work such as helping the winner do the registration.

3. I agree that an entry fee to competition should not be imposed as mentioned by others that it creates barriers and restrictions for new members from joining them.

4. I agree that there should be a better use for frih$. However, there might not be a chance to use it in this free domain competition discussion as there is a huge disparity between long-time users of frihost and new members. In fact, the discussion of how to improve the "value" of frih$ can be a whole new discussion on its own.

5. Regarding the choosing of winners, you can also consider having a percentage weightage of the votes and scores given by panel of judges.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Do you think the votes need to be anonymous? If the votes are displayed, it would seem fairer to the users, although buying votes would become easier since you can check it. However, it could be detected by pretty much everyone. And frih$ transactions are logged, so if there is suspicion it can be checked.
Apologies. I seem to have missed this question. I always like anonymous as much as is credible. The judges could possibly be known as well as obviously the people who are eligible to vote in a voters' list, but perhaps the voting can be done anonymously? I was wondering whether from an eligibility point of view for voting one needs to also consider the forums the postings of the eligible Frihosters have appeared in. For example a regular poster in the Politics Forum, who has either not posted in the IT Forums or rarely posted in them, may not be as qualified to vote for a competition that has to do with script or programming.
mk12327
deanhills wrote:
I always like anonymous as much as is credible. The judges could possibly be known as well as obviously the people who are eligible to vote in a voters' list, but perhaps the voting can be done anonymously? I was wondering whether from an eligibility point of view for voting one needs to also consider the forums the postings of the eligible Frihosters have appeared in. For example a regular poster in the Politics Forum, who has either not posted in the IT Forums or rarely posted in them, may not be as qualified to vote for a competition that has to do with script or programming.

Indeed, community voting are usually more credible when it is anonymous. On the contrary, it makes more crediblity to the competition when judges are revealed, together with their qualifications or experience. However, I would think it is better to reveal the names only on the first day of the competition. (Eg. creating a hype over a new upcoming competition before it started so as to let potential participants get ready but not reveal the judges until the participants had all registered and about to start the competition.) I think it might help with preventing rigging or bribery.

Although I like the concept of segregating different voters by their experience or field of knowledge, i think it somehow limits the interactivity of the competition as not many people might vote in that case. Furthermore, it would be hard on administration part to do the filtering. So my opinion is i do not agree with qualifying the voters using expertise. Qualifying them using their frihost rank or number of posts as mentioned much earlier in the replies seems liek a better deal.
deanhills
mk12327 wrote:
Although I like the concept of segregating different voters by their experience or field of knowledge, i think it somehow limits the interactivity of the competition as not many people might vote in that case. Furthermore, it would be hard on administration part to do the filtering. So my opinion is i do not agree with qualifying the voters using expertise. Qualifying them using their frihost rank or number of posts as mentioned much earlier in the replies seems liek a better deal.
You have a good point, it may complicate the process as well as create limitations. One voter list for all the competitions would be more practical.
ocalhoun
mk12327 wrote:

2. GoDaddy gift cards seems to be the way to go for this free domain competition concept. It provides flexibility to the winner and Bondings himself. It also saves Bondings on some administrative work such as helping the winner do the registration.

It also means that the Frihost staff wouldn't be responsible in any way for technical support for, maintenance of, or complaints about the domains given away.

As for choosing a winner, I was a fan of making a poll for each contest... but I suppose that might not work as well if deciding the winner includes reading, which not many voters will do.

Also, to increase competition, and to make sure nobody feels left out, the types of contests should be as diverse as possible.
(Some people can't write very well, many can't program at all, many don't know how to edit images... but with a variety of contests, most people should be able to find at least one they can do well.)
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:
mk12327 wrote:

It also means that the Frihost staff wouldn't be responsible in any way for technical support for, maintenance of, or complaints about the domains given away.

That's also an advantage. I really wouldn't like it to be that I would have to do the administration of every domain, I mean that for every nameserver change, I would have to be contacted and then I would need to change it as fast as possible. While with a GoDaddy (or other registrar) account, the winner can simply do it him/herself.
ocalhoun wrote:
As for choosing a winner, I was a fan of making a poll for each contest... but I suppose that might not work as well if deciding the winner includes reading, which not many voters will do.

A poll seems the best idea to me at the moment. Do you think a topic should also be made about it? So that the competition can be discussed during and after the voting? Or simply a poll and nothing else?
ocalhoun wrote:
Also, to increase competition, and to make sure nobody feels left out, the types of contests should be as diverse as possible.
(Some people can't write very well, many can't program at all, many don't know how to edit images... but with a variety of contests, most people should be able to find at least one they can do well.)

I'll try to make at least a few different ones, but I would rather like to start with one type and see how well it works. It will also be faster done than to wait for all of them.
ocalhoun
ocalhoun wrote:

A poll seems the best idea to me at the moment. Do you think a topic should also be made about it? So that the competition can be discussed during and after the voting? Or simply a poll and nothing else?[/quote]
When I was working on the 'Frihost Games', which didn't work out, each contest's first post would have three parts:
1: Congratulation of the winner from 2 contests ago
2: Poll to decide the winner of the previous contest
3: Rules and explanation of the current contest

It makes for a cumbersomely huge first post, but it means that everybody who participates in this contest sees the poll and the winners. It also makes sure that everybody who is voting sees the new contest and knows who won the previous vote. And, it reduces the number of threads that need to be made (only 1 per contest, rather than at least 2 per contest).
Quote:

ocalhoun wrote:

I'll try to make at least a few different ones, but I would rather like to start with one type and see how well it works. It will also be faster done than to wait for all of them.

You mean you're thinking of doing more than one contest at a time?
I would do them sequentially, rotating through a list of different types... But that's just a mixture of personal preference and wanting to avoid confusion cause by multiple similar contests.
(Though I guess as long as you were careful to avoid that confusion, doing more than one at a time would be fine.)
*edit* Having the type of contest change for each new iteration would also help prevent boredom. If it's the same one or same several every time, people will get bored of it and putt off entering in it until next time around. But if it changes, then there's always a different kind of contest to participate in, and people who are good at one particular type will be thinking: "Another 'the best ____' contest won't come up for 6 months! I better participate in this one and not miss the chance!"
Ghost Rider103
I don't think it matters much if you hold more than one contest at a time. As long as you can keep up with it and not get yourself confused, like ocalhoun mentioned, it would be fine.

I think setting dates/months for specific contests is a good idea. For example, Writing contest in May, Design contest in April, Best post contest in June, etc. That would of course depend on how often and how long each contest would be.

If you were to do a contest every three months, then you could choose four different categories for each contest, and spread them out over a year.

Example:
Photo-manipulation Contest - Date: Jan - March
Essay Contest: Date: April - June

and so on.

Then on the coming years, you could do the same type of contest on the same months. That way if people want to come back, they think "Oh! It's April, Essay contest!"

Plus it would help out in planning your contest, and you can let users know which contest is when ahead of time.
Bondings
@Ghost Rider103, at the moment I intend to do it a lot more often than 1 competition per month. However, doing something special every month or at a specific date is indeed a good idea.

@ocalhoun, I didn't really imply doing the contests at exactly the same time. I meant to start with only one specific competition and do that one a few times before starting with other competitions. It's probably going to be my favourite, the one about making a detailed post/essay about a certain topic. This seems like a good way to get a few very nice and useful topics on these forums and also increase forum activity.

--- Part 2 of this post

I have purchased a GoDaddy test gift card to check exactly how it works. It says it might take up to 72 hours to arrive, although somewhere else they state that the gift cards are sent out once every day, so I hope to get it by tomorrow.

Now I remember why I didn't choose GoDaddy for my domains. All those different prices, promotions, options, distractions, ... However, it's the only registrar I found with gift cards or similar. A domain gift card would be better, I mean one valid for every domain instead one for x dollars. But I guess those don't exist.

There are coupon codes that take off about 30% off the price, I chose the coupon code for the discounted price. Is that a good idea or should I make it the full amount? It seems that you can link to GoDaddy with a coupon code in the link and once you are at the order thing, the price gets lowered.
mk12327
Bondings wrote:
There are coupon codes that take off about 30% off the price, I chose the coupon code for the discounted price. Is that a good idea or should I make it the full amount? It seems that you can link to GoDaddy with a coupon code in the link and once you are at the order thing, the price gets lowered.

Does the discounted ones work the same way as full-cost ones? If they do, i don't see a point in paying more. Afterall, all these excellent services we are getting here in frihost are provided by Bondings himself, including these giftcards, i personally support saving every little bit we can.
CompDude
would it be like name.frihost.com or would it be name.com,.net etc.?I would prefer a .com one over a subdomain mainly it looks more professional and can bring more visitors to your forum rather than a subdomain.
ocalhoun
CompDude wrote:
would it be like name.frihost.com or would it be name.com,.net etc.?I would prefer a .com one over a subdomain mainly it looks more professional and can bring more visitors to your forum rather than a subdomain.

It would be a top level domain like '_________.com' Everybody already has a free '.frihost.com' (or similar) subdomain.
Bondings
mk12327 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Does the discounted ones work the same way as full-cost ones? If they do, i don't see a point in paying more. Afterall, all these excellent services we are getting here in frihost are provided by Bondings himself, including these giftcards, i personally support saving every little bit we can.

A lot of registrars use coupon codes to lower the price for people who spend some time to compare prices and search for coupon codes and the like. At GoDaddy the difference seems to be quite big though. At NameCheap, it's usually less than a dollar you can win and only for new domains, not renewals (although their base prices seem to be lower than those of GoDaddy, so it levels out a bit).

@CompDude, we already give away a subdomain and you can get a free subdomain from a lot of places. What we are talking about here, is a .com/.net/.org domain, like example.com. And if you want another type of domain, it's probably possible too, just ask us in advance about it.
leontius
mathiaus wrote:

I have the same view! It would be FANTASTIC for people who haven't been trusted enough by their parents to have their own debit/credit card... but if the competition is fun enough, I'm sure that a lot of people would be willing to try.
Bondings
The GoDaddy gift card seems to work fine for me. I didn't actually use the test gift card to register a domain (since I don't need one at the moment), but it gets accepted and shows the correct amount.

I guess it's time for me to start with the code. Very Happy

Anyway, keep the suggestions and remarks coming!
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
@Ghost Rider103, at the moment I intend to do it a lot more often than 1 competition per month. However, doing something special every month or at a specific date is indeed a good idea.
Perhaps the competitions should not be too rigidly arranged for regular intervals, viz Jan or April, etc, and arranged in a relaxed way and spontaneously when the time looks right and an idea grabs Steve. Having regular stuff at regular times sometimes beats the spontaneity out of it. It should have a feeling of "new" and "magic" as much as possible so as to attract participants. People may think that they can skip their entries in January and try in April as they don't have time "now" and when April comes postpone their participation to another "regular" date. It may also put pressure on the organizers to come up with something on regular dates, when there aren't really anything, or when the time does not really look right.
coreymanshack
ocalhoun wrote:
shkhanal wrote:

So, that gives you two choices:
1: Make domains relatively cheap in frih$, giving users like me a lot of free domains (expensive)
2: Make domains expensive in frih$, excluding any newer members from getting any for a long time (kinda defeats the point)

Competitions really are a better idea... Failing that, make a new, third currency (domain points?), that would start off with everyone having a level playing field.
Hm... perhaps 'domain points' could only be granted by moderators who point out a given post as exceptionally good? (Adding a link/button for that purpose to a moderator's viewtopic.php for each post.)

All frih could be reset at the launch, considering they aren't used for anything right now anyway
Bondings
@coreymanshack, I won't reset it as it is indeed being used for quite a few things, just most of the time nothing really major. You can use it to get higher in the directory or for exchanges in the marketplace.

Although I plan some modifications to the whole cash system to enable posting for domains, next to the hosting. But exactly how it's going to happen, I don't know yet. However, I intend to start with contests and only do this later on.
deanhills
coreymanshack wrote:
All frih could be reset at the launch, considering they aren't used for anything right now anyway
I don't know whether you have noticed, but if one works hard on the postings, the Frih$s show the efforts in excess of the number of postings. I like it, almost like recognition for extra effort. It has a special value for me. I like all the stats units in Frihost, the Frih$, point system, membership numbers, how many users are on line, all of it is unique. Maybe I'm a little crazy and addicted, but if it had not been for the point system, all the stats, Steve's Avatar, and the thread on getting to 1-million postings, I might not have posted as many postings as I have. There's a challenge in it for me as well as enjoyment.
missdixy
Bondings this would be a great idea! Sure, domains aren't expensive but free is always better than cheap!!
LostOverThere
Sounds like a fantastic idea, you only need to look at the Domain forum here on Frihost to see that a lot of people are dying for a free domain.
inphurno
having contests would be great and i'm all for it but would this mean that we could start buying domains through frihost? if it would generate some revenue for the community i think it would be something very cool as well as useful. why buy domains elsewhere when you can just buy them at frihost? i would be in for that, not sure if this is possible or if this would be a different poll but i just saw the post about the api so i thought that would be something possible with that.
Bondings
inphurno wrote:
having contests would be great and i'm all for it but would this mean that we could start buying domains through frihost? if it would generate some revenue for the community i think it would be something very cool as well as useful. why buy domains elsewhere when you can just buy them at frihost? i would be in for that, not sure if this is possible or if this would be a different poll but i just saw the post about the api so i thought that would be something possible with that.

It would certainly be possible, but I don't want to become a registrar. There are a lot of legal issues involved and besides for some decent profit you need a lot of domain registrations. Giving domains away for free is way easier. Wink
perlianer
i'm interested. A Contest is good idea !

Greats Dirk
chiragpatnaik
You don't need to be a registrar. Just an affiliate or reseller. For someone like Godaddy perhaps

Bondings wrote:

It would certainly be possible, but I don't want to become a registrar. There are a lot of legal issues involved and besides for some decent profit you need a lot of domain registrations. Giving domains away for free is way easier. Wink
Bondings
chiragpatnaik wrote:
You don't need to be a registrar. Just an affiliate or reseller. For someone like Godaddy perhaps

Bondings wrote:

Reseller or not, I define a registrar as someone who provides domain registration to users. There are still legal issues whether reseller or a real registrar
sigT
Bondings wrote:
chiragpatnaik wrote:

Bondings wrote:

Reseller or not, I define a registrar as someone who provides domain registration to users. There are still legal issues whether reseller or a real registrar

I agree that frihost cannot be GoDaddy-like because it would become a commercial organisation in that case, with all the unwanted consequences. At the same time, freeness is the real speciality of frihost which beats any commercial webhosting in this respect. Although I still don't understand why there couldn't be legal issues if you offer domains as gifts: is this because the value of a one-year domain registration is insignificant? Can you handle domain transfers that easy?

I salute to the efforts to provide free domains. I think this might be useful not only for those with no pocket money (children, that is Smile ) but also for people who spend much time with frihost: having free hosting and a free domain would mean that frihost becomes a full-fledged hosting service! It would be nice to have a broad choice of domain names in (com|org|net|...), and not just second-level or dot cc.
Bondings
sigT wrote:
Bondings wrote:
chiragpatnaik wrote:

Bondings wrote:

I agree that frihost cannot be GoDaddy-like because it would become a commercial organisation in that case, with all the unwanted consequences. At the same time, freeness is the real speciality of frihost which beats any commercial webhosting in this respect. Although I still don't understand why there couldn't be legal issues if you offer domains as gifts: is this because the value of a one-year domain registration is insignificant? Can you handle domain transfers that easy?

I salute to the efforts to provide free domains. I think this might be useful not only for those with no pocket money (children, that is Smile ) but also for people who spend much time with frihost: having free hosting and a free domain would mean that frihost becomes a full-fledged hosting service! It would be nice to have a broad choice of domain names in (com|org|net|...), and not just second-level or dot cc.

Giving away domains would mean that I would not be selling them, simply giving gift cards away as prizes/rewards. But anyway, enough about the legal stuff, it's mostly about the extra work and obligations and pretty much no benefits that I wouldn't like to sell domains, to be honest.
sigT
Bondings wrote:
Giving away domains would mean that I would not be selling them, simply giving gift cards away as prizes/rewards. But anyway, enough about the legal stuff, it's mostly about the extra work and obligations and pretty much no benefits that I wouldn't like to sell domains, to be honest.

Okay, thanks. Then I have more questions. Could it be possible to win a domain transfer? Where would you make such transfers? Possibly not to frihost because you don't want to become a registrar? Then, would it be just some paid domain provider?
Bondings
sigT wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Okay, thanks. Then I have more questions. Could it be possible to win a domain transfer? Where would you make such transfers? Possibly not to frihost because you don't want to become a registrar? Then, would it be just some paid domain provider?

Currently the plan is to provide a GoDaddy gift card for the amount necessary to register or renew a domain. Since this can differ, we are probably going to ask what you want to do with it and adjust the sum accordingly. If you don't mind transferring your domain to GoDaddy, then such a transfer should be possible, you use the gift card to pay for the one-year renewal necessary for the transfer. Of course if the way to provide free domains changes, then these kind of things will be different too.

So in short, yes, by transferring it to GoDaddy.
Johnyy
Yea, i too think its a very good idea to offer domains.
+ for domains Very Happy
hamza1122
Yess!! i think that's a great idea! It's great because we can get some TLD domains but it also encourages frihosters to be more active on the forums. it'll make me more active as i've forgotten to post here for 2 weeks now and need to catch back up.

We need heaps more competitions because to tell you the truth without any offense, the forums are getting boring as there is nothing to do or interesting to talk about.
sigT
hamza1122 wrote:
We need heaps more competitions because to tell you the truth without any offense, the forums are getting boring as there is nothing to do or interesting to talk about.

I think that competitions for domains are unlikely to change ones interests. For some, the prize may be tempting, but there is a chance that you are bored competing for it (especially if you don't need it much). You would need to be active in some different sense to arrive at a situation where you are really interested, for example, pose non-trivial questions that are, however, not unsolvable for forum users.

The problem is that, when you ran out of such questions, there is not much left to do. Sad Still, there should be something interesting going on from time to time on the forums thanks to arrival of new users. I wonder if domain competitions are going to have the same dynamics...
ocalhoun
hamza1122 wrote:
as there is nothing to do or interesting to talk about.

There's plenty to talk about... I think the problem is your interpretation of 'interesting', rather than the forums themselves.
polly-gone
Bondings, if I were you, here is how I would do it:

I would announce the domain "prices" (to be paid with Frih$ or some comparable point system) and people would begin posting to rack up the points. Ad revenue would be coming in and the amount of money brought in would get pretty high. I would then register as a domain name registrar and get that set up.

You would then sell the domain names to people with their points, and you would only have to pay a very small fee to register the domain. It would easily pay for itself within a few months!

I would absolutely love to have this program because I hate having to pay for domain names. It costs almost nothing to register one, registrars just charge service fees basically.

There's my two cents,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
PokerHeaven231
This Idea sounds pretty cool, it gives the people who cant afford. Or just doesent have the time to get there own Free domain, a chance at one. A cool compition would be like Write a story about so and so. Or a GFX contest would be cool too. Hope to see this sometime soon, if you decide to do it!
nam_siddharth
I am not for competition. Domain for points is not feasible. In case of web hosting, you can disable the hosting plan whenever the points are below 0. But once domain name are registered for 1 year, you cannot disable domain name in middle. I think the best idea will be to sell domain names and renewal of domain names for Frih$ (like 1000 Frih$ or something). It will automatically make members more active, and it will be a good utilization of Frih$.
supernova1987a
Free Domain is a really great idea but it also pollutes the internet with too much unnecessary domains. Unless people make really good sites they should not be wasting good domain names.
Idk. Its really just a thought. But I guess we would love free domains. This thread needs a poll.
allboeing
Its a good idea and you can just by the domain and xfer it to our account but someone else has done it on absolutely-free-domain-names.com I got two domains from it so far one from a competition(so I did'nt choose it) and one from the point's system which I chose and its good but if you can make a better deal than him but its gonna be hard then people may have interest in it but personally I think I will stick with the one I know works
ocalhoun
allboeing wrote:
one from a competition(so I did'nt choose it)

With this system, you'll get to choose the name... But you still can't be sure of a renewal within a year.
allboeing
I said that was only once off you get to choose the domain name unless its a competition its 100% free coreymanshack made it and thats perhaps why he does not want frihost to do it ha Smile
jessie
Who can tell me

TK domain is free of charge period is how long?
quex
ocalhoun wrote:
rvec wrote:
(WARNING DUTCH CONTENT!!)

^.^
That cracks me up... It's good to have a big warning before getting any Dutch content.
Gives me time to put on my anti-Dutch protective gear on.

Safety first! :D

Domains are very much yes, please. I've been screwing around for years now with the idea of getting domain names for different projects, but I always back down at the last minute... I'd jump through some hoops for a free domain, though, and I love writing long essays (my apologies to the FriHosters who have had to read them in the past!)

supernova1987a wrote:
Free Domain is a really great idea but it also pollutes the internet with too much unnecessary domains. Unless people make really good sites they should not be wasting good domain names.
Idk. Its really just a thought. But I guess we would love free domains. This thread needs a poll.

I actually expect there will be some legislation in the near future preventing people from collecting domain names and inflating the price, especially the names of real persons, company trademarks, copyrights, etc.

There has already been considerable squabbling about the idea, enough to propose a law.
hector
Hi all !

I'm new to this forum and I would like to have a kind of confirmation regarding the requirements that should be meet to get a free web hosting here.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regarding the subject, Re: Offering free domains with competitions?

I would just say it would be interesting to get an idea of how many users would be interested by this service.
From my point of vue, a nice way to get this information is to put a small survey form or module on this website.
azoundria
Others have gotten great results with this method, though obviously a domain is not the cheapest thing to provide someone with. Even at the highest level, the cost is still $6/yr I believe.
sigT
azoundria wrote:
Others have gotten great results with this method, though obviously a domain is not the cheapest thing to provide someone with. Even at the highest level, the cost is still $6/yr I believe.

I'm not sure whether the cost of a domain is decisive here. If you need domain names, you go and buy them, and this would be cheaper compared to the time spent on competing for a free name. This is, of course, depending on how much you value your time and whether you like this kind of competitions. I don't like spending my free time like this, and my office time is valuable enough not to be spent for "$6/year".

So, if you are in the game, good luck. Otherwise, there are domains that are pretty cheap anyway. Wink
GoldenBabbler
I think a competition for domain names is pretty darn cool! I personally am very competitive so I would enjoy this and I also am in need of a domain name, so it all works out.

And an irrelevant question, does Frihost offer or will be offering .com sub-domains?
Bondings
GoldenBabbler wrote:
I think a competition for domain names is pretty darn cool! I personally am very competitive so I would enjoy this and I also am in need of a domain name, so it all works out.

And an irrelevant question, does Frihost offer or will be offering .com sub-domains?

We have one domain name for each server and you get a subdomain of it if you get an account on that server. Usually only 1 server is open for new accounts (the one with the most space usually). At the moment that's frihost.org and the chance that it's going to be a .com anytime soon, is extremely low.

Anyway, there really isn't anything bad about a .org or .net subdomain. They are originally made for a slightly different purpose, but in the end they are used just like .com domains.
taytay
sounds like I'll never get one...

lol. that's no prob though. I wont need a top-level domain for another few years, and by then i'll have a job where I can afford to buy one instead of mooching off you. I'll still keep my frihost account of course! I love this place.
mk12327
sigT wrote:
azoundria wrote:

I'm not sure whether the cost of a domain is decisive here. If you need domain names, you go and buy them, and this would be cheaper compared to the time spent on competing for a free name. This is, of course, depending on how much you value your time and whether you like this kind of competitions. I don't like spending my free time like this, and my office time is valuable enough not to be spent for "$6/year".

So, if you are in the game, good luck. Otherwise, there are domains that are pretty cheap anyway. Wink

It is like how many online games works nowadays. You either spend time playing it to get what you want or that you pay real money to get the same thing. (Of course there are issues such as balancing the game so that certain amount of time still needs to be spent on top of money, and the profitability of commercial games to make certain features exclusive to money-paying users.) Different people have different view on the value of time. Some people who can't afford the recurring costs of domain registration could spend more time doing contest to get them. While people like you who can afford can freely buy them with money. I see it as a win-win situation.
Lor20
I find it interesting, but it's hard to organize a competition for that because domains are very cheap and people can not take it seriously.
Hogwarts
Lor20 wrote:
I find it interesting, but it's hard to organize a competition for that because domains are very cheap and people can not take it seriously.

Except for a lot of Frihost's population. I mean, hosting is cheaper than domains in many cases, and yet we're all on a free host.
nam_siddharth
Lor20 wrote:

If it is so, it is actually good thing for the competitors. Less people interested=easy competition. Razz

Although I do not think that is the case. Many people will be interested and it is going to be a tough competitions.
mathiaus
Bondings, the people have spoken and they generally seem to be interested in this proposal of yours! Smile

What's now required for this to progress and become a reality and with luck, a web success!? Very Happy