FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Norway Spiral

Aredon
I did a forum search and was surprised to find that no one had mentioned this event! I guess a few days ago in Norway there was a strange light seen in the sky by hundreds if not thousands of people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxA0Asq2YDg&feature=related) Russia originally denied any involvement, and then a day later "admitted" to testing a missile. So what do you guys think? Big government cover up? If so, covering what up?

I know, i know, looks photo shopped right? It isn't, there are dozens of other photographs of it.
Ghost Rider103
I was actually going to post a thread about this the day it happened, I had links set up to link you guys to it and everything, but then I got rushed with some work so I didn't have time.

Anyways, this was actually a very interesting event, and the videos of it look amazing. I wonder what those people were thinking while watching that. I personally wouldn't know what to think of it.

I really don't see how something like that could be a rocket or whatever they claimed it to be. I could understand a rocket spinning out of control, but that perfect and for that long I don't think so. I believed they said it lasted for about 12 minutes. That's kind of long for a rocket that had a malfunction in my opinion.

Wish I could of seen it in person, looks amazing on video.
ocalhoun
I can understand how it might be a Russian weapons test.

If they were to test a massive, missile-based EMP weapon, perhaps the effects on the ionosphere could cause lights like this. (It would usually be invisible, just the Russians' bad luck and bad timing that it would cause these lights.) They might be trying to replicate the EMP blast from a nuke without the nuclear explosion. It would be very effective against enemy satellites, and it would cripple armed forces that depend on technology, like the USA's. It would also be extremely effective at crippling an enemy's civilian technology without costing many lives. Another possible use would be a way to defeat any missile shield. If you were to launch an EMP missile in front of every real missile, then enemy missile defenses could be disabled.
Aredon
I don't know... The spiral looked a little too geometrically perfect, almost computer generated. I'm really not sold on the missile idea.
Ghost Rider103
That's what I thought. If it was a missile, I don't think the spiral would have such a perfect looking form. I could see a missile creating a spiral, but that perfect along with the rare coincidence of the colors is definitely questionable in my opinion.
deanhills
According to a CBS News Report the Russian Defense Ministry reported that a test launch of a Bulava missile from a submarine in the White Sea had failed. This apparently accounts for the spectacular Norwegian Spiral Light. CBS Report of 10 Dec.

Quote:
However, this phenomenon apparently lies across the border with the Russian military and another failed missile launch, McVicar said, noting that a respected Russian daily newspaper reported that the third stage of a sophisticated Bulava intercontinental missile had failed. And Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry reported that a test launch of a Bulava missile from a submarine in the White Sea had failed.

Space experts point to the spiraling of this missile as it malfunctioned as an explanation for the shape seen over Norway. The halo, experts claim, was produced by missile fuel, McVicar said.

CBS News space analyst Bill Harwood, added on "The Early Show" the missile failure seems like a plausible answer.

"Rockets can fail in spectacular ways," he said. "And when you look at vehicles up out of the atmosphere, where there's no pressure constraining those contrails, it gets dramatic."
Aredon
I was under the impression that Russia had admitted to a missile test failing, but not confirming that it was linked to the spiral?
Ghost Rider103
No, I believe it is confirmed that the Russian missile failure is linked to the spiral that appeared in Norway.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
I was under the impression that Russia had admitted to a missile test failing, but not confirming that it was linked to the spiral?
Initially they did not admit, and then the Russian Defense Ministry made a press statement about it. They probably needed time to get their act and statement together Smile
Nick2008
The spiral was very interesting, in it's shape and colors as well as the actual video. I honestly didn't know what it could be, it may be a missile, but for that perfection and color I would highly doubt it. May be some sort of new technology being tested, or just a coincidence. I'm not sure...
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
Aredon wrote:
Initially they did not admit, and then the Russian Defense Ministry made a press statement about it. They probably needed time to get their act and statement together Smile
Right I heard that they eventually fessed up to there being a failed missile test (denied it at first). However, it was my understanding that they did not directly say it was to blame for the spiral. I thought this was just a conclusion someone made. Putting two and two together so to speak?
harismushtaq
As seen in videos posted on youtube, it seems the spiral was visible for a very small time like 20-30 seconds or a minute at max. The geometry was continously changing and it quickly got smaller and darker. This particular observation suggests something exploding in the air and then disppearing that may have caused the lights if not a missile.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
Right I heard that they eventually fessed up to there being a failed missile test (denied it at first). However, it was my understanding that they did not directly say it was to blame for the spiral. I thought this was just a conclusion someone made. Putting two and two together so to speak?
Well, not really a confession, more like an official announcement by the Russian Ministry of Defence. And they said it straight as it happened. Nothing was hidden. There was just a delay before the announcement was made. I imagine the announcement first had to be approved through layers of bureacracy and that must have taken some time.
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
Aredon wrote:
Well, not really a confession, more like an official announcement by the Russian Ministry of Defence. And they said it straight as it happened. Nothing was hidden. There was just a delay before the announcement was made. I imagine the announcement first had to be approved through layers of bureacracy and that must have taken some time.
That still really doesn't address the issue as to whether or not they directly connected the missile launch with the spiral.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
That still really doesn't address the issue as to whether or not they directly connected the missile launch with the spiral.
I found the following article that connects up the spiral with the missile launch:
Quote:
Researcher at the Tromsø Geophysical Observatory Truls Lynne Hansen is certain that the light was caused by a missile launch:
- The missile has probably come out of control and exploded. The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel, he said to Aftenposten.
supernova1987a
Aredon wrote:
I did a forum search and was surprised to find that no one had mentioned this event! I guess a few days ago in Norway there was a strange light seen in the sky by hundreds if not thousands of people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxA0Asq2YDg&feature=related) Russia originally denied any involvement, and then a day later "admitted" to testing a missile. So what do you guys think? Big government cover up? If so, covering what up?

I know, i know, looks photo shopped right? It isn't, there are dozens of other photographs of it.

Mystery of Area 51, Roswell Event, Crop Circles and now Norway Spiral!
The world is really full of mysteries. Are aliens really on earth or is a world war coming? or war of the worlds?

Was that a Time Machine or something like Wormhole created in the atmosphere? Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
supernova1987a wrote:

Mystery of Area 51, Roswell Event, Crop Circles and now Norway Spiral!
The world is really full of mysteries. Are aliens really on earth or is a world war coming? or war of the worlds?

Was that a Time Machine or something like Wormhole created in the atmosphere? Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes
'Area 51' was once a secret US military R&D location, now probably no longer used because it is no longer very secret.
Crop Circles are hoaxes, and can be easily accomplished overnight by a few enterprising individuals with ladders and ropes.
This spiral was either a malfunctioning missile spiraling out of control, or some EMP weapons test causing a shaped 'northern lights' phenomenon.
tchaunt
I personally don't believe in all the hype about it being a missile. When you consider all of the factors a missile would face had it gone out of control, it's virtually impossible for the spiral (not the main spiral, but the tail) to be so perfect.

Even though I hardly see it making sense, the idea of electromagnetic ionospheric experimentation (I believe that's the right term) makes more sense to me. America has the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. If I remember correctly, I read an article somewhere (maybe Wired magazine) that HAARP was able to produce the effects of the Aurora Borealis. I've not done the research on it, but perhaps America isn't the only government with a project like HAARP.
deanhills
tchaunt wrote:
I personally don't believe in all the hype about it being a missile. When you consider all of the factors a missile would face had it gone out of control, it's virtually impossible for the spiral (not the main spiral, but the tail) to be so perfect.

Even though I hardly see it making sense, the idea of electromagnetic ionospheric experimentation (I believe that's the right term) makes more sense to me. America has the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. If I remember correctly, I read an article somewhere (maybe Wired magazine) that HAARP was able to produce the effects of the Aurora Borealis. I've not done the research on it, but perhaps America isn't the only government with a project like HAARP.
A missile would make more sense to me. If it had been HAARP, surely they would have announced this by now?
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
tchaunt wrote:

A missile would make more sense to me. If it had been HAARP, surely they would have announced this by now?
Why would another country, as he was suggesting, want the world to know they had the same technology as the US is working on? Military secrets aren't that secret if you admit to them now are they? Smile I think you'll find militaries (and governments) don't have the same desire for truth as we do. They value their secrets to a very high end, and they'll do just about anything (however poorly) to hide them.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
deanhills wrote:
tchaunt wrote:

Why would another country, as he was suggesting, want the world to know they had the same technology as the US is working on? Military secrets aren't that secret if you admit to them now are they? Smile I think you'll find militaries (and governments) don't have the same desire for truth as we do. They value their secrets to a very high end, and they'll do just about anything (however poorly) to hide them.
I was unaware that the HAARP project was secret, is it secret? Also, I would have thought Alaska is quite a far distance away from Norway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
Ghost Rider103
There is a lot of people who think that HAARP is doing something other than what they say they are doing. But those people are just a bunch of paranoid people wanting to make a big thing about nothing in my opinion.

HAARP even has open house on specific dates, leaving it open to the public. I don't know what could possibly be so secret about the program if they open their doors to the public every so often.

Also, Alaska is quite a ways away from Norway. About 8,000mi. I don't know whether or not HAARP technology can travel that far, I'm going to guess and say that it probably can't. But as far as I know, their primary tool (or whatever you want to call it) is just a High Frequency Transmitter.
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
Aredon wrote:
deanhills wrote:
tchaunt wrote:

I was unaware that the HAARP project was secret, is it secret? Also, I would have thought Alaska is quite a far distance away from Norway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

Could you please read what I write from here on out instead of skimming over? HAARP is the US program, and I made no reference to them keeping it secret. I stated other countries wouldn't and shouldn't want the US/World to know they have a similar program to HAARP.
ocalhoun
Aredon wrote:
a similar program to HAARP.

not based in Alaska... though they would be wiser to locate it just across the Bearing straight instead of close to Norway. That way, any effects could be blamed on the American program, instead of the lame excuse of missile-test failure.
deanhills
Aredon wrote:

Could you please read what I write from here on out instead of skimming over? HAARP is the US program, and I made no reference to them keeping it secret. I stated other countries wouldn't and shouldn't want the US/World to know they have a similar program to HAARP.
I will repeat your posting below and perhaps you can help me with how I should have read it? Also how it could have been possible for any person to have skimmed over it, given that it is quite a short posting?
Aredon wrote:
deanhills wrote:
tchaunt wrote:

You were referring to military secrets in the same context of HAARP? And my interpretation of your posting was something of a Government conspiracy in the way you put it below along the lines of militaries and governments hiding secrets:
Quote:
I think you'll find militaries (and governments) don't have the same desire for truth as we do. They value their secrets to a very high end, and they'll do just about anything (however poorly) to hide them

To be truthful I don't see any secret either about the missile that was launched by the Russians. They released an official statement about it. What might have given the appearance of something "sinister" was that there had been a delay in their announcement.
tchaunt
I never mentioned anything about HAARP causing any of this. The following is a direct quote:

Quote:
but perhaps America isn't the only government with a project like HAARP

As Aredon said, military business is often kept within a country's government. Sure, a few things are disclosed here and there, but it is safe to say that virtually every country has at least one secret military project. HAARP is a scientific development. Why would any country want to just give up and let another country get the money for a major scientific discovery?
Look at the "space race" between the US and Russia. The two countries were fighting to reach the development first. It was a race to reach the scientific-finish-line first.