FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No points during time-outs

deanhills
I've had this happening one time each during three separate sessions over the last week. When I submit a posting there is a time out. When I navigate back, the posting is there, however my name does not show up as the last one who posted in the forum, nor did I earn a posting and points for it. When it happened before about a year ago Steve managed to tweak something and it got fixed. Is that same remedy available?
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
I've had this happening one time each during three separate sessions over the last week. When I submit a posting there is a time out. When I navigate back, the posting is there, however my name does not show up as the last one who posted in the forum, nor did I earn a posting and points for it. When it happened before about a year ago Steve managed to tweak something and it got fixed. Is that same remedy available?

There was a lot of stuff being done to index the posts between the time the actual post is submitted and the points and other things are set. I removed that whole part. The problem can still occur when the processing is stopped between the time the post is put in the database and the points are awarded. Normally this shouldn't happen and even then not often. It's most likely problems with the server and I don't think changing the code will help in this case.
deanhills
Thanks Steve, this is much appreciated. I have had a good session tonight with no time-out, as that happens very infrequently. I will report back when it happens again to see how it worked.
deanhills
Today was the first time that I timed out again. I.e. I got kicked out completely and had to log in again. When I logged back in, my posting was there. This time it looks as though I got some points, but the posting number stayed the same. Is that possible, that one can get points and not a credit for the posting? Or could that have been my imagination as that does not make sense?
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Today was the first time that I timed out again. I.e. I got kicked out completely and had to log in again. When I logged back in, my posting was there. This time it looks as though I got some points, but the posting number stayed the same. Is that possible, that one can get points and not a credit for the posting? Or could that have been my imagination as that does not make sense?

I think the number of posts is calculated every time and if it isn't updated when posting, it should be fine the next time.
meyhem
that just happened to me!
Bondings
meyhem wrote:
that just happened to me!

There are a few forums where no points are awarded. The introductions forum, the funny jokes/pictures one and normally also the tutorials. (I think you were talking about your post in the jokes forum.)The reason is that a lot of people were using them to copy/paste posts from the internet to quickly get a lot of points.