FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

endless flood of phony scandal-gates

handfleisch
This is transferred from another thread, I think it deserves it own thread. It's about how the vast amount of baseless, fake scandals which get carried in major media outlets all come from right wing / corporate / Republican sources targeted at the Dems and progressives. I am talking about "death panels", Global Warming is a hoax, ACORN is a crime gang that will steal elections, Obama thugs beating Tea Partiers, Climategate, Obama birth certificate scandal, William Ayers wrote Obama's books, Health Reform will force you to buy coverage or go to jail... back to under Clinton with Whitewater, Vincent Foster killing, etc etc... a deluge of fake scandals, several of which have appeared on this website.

I can think of maybe one from the other side, the silly charge about GW Bush wearing a radio receiver during the pres. debates of 2004. That received some exposure on TV, but mostly to laugh about it. Nothing to compare the the waves of lies that have come from the right wing, constantly, for years and years.

handfleisch wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

Can you show me another totally fake scandal like this by the Democratic side that received major attention on a national TV network or major newspapers? I am not talking about some muttering on a website somewhere (it's easy to find some loon on a blog who claims GW Bush was member of the Nazi Party or something). C'mon, anything like the tons of fake scandals of "death panels", Global Warming is a hoax, ACORN is a crime gang that will steal elections, Obama thugs beating Tea Partiers, Climategate, Obama birth certificate scandal, William Ayers wrote Obama's books, Health Reform will force you to buy coverage or go to jail... back to under Clinton with Whitewater, Vincent Foster killing, etc etc... a deluge of fake scandals, several of which have appeared on this website.

I can think of maybe one from the other side, the silly charge about GW Bush wearing a radio receiver during the pres. debates of 2004. That received some exposure on TV, but mostly to laugh about it. Nothing to compare the the waves of lies that have come from the right wing, constantly, for years and years.

The whole 'the government was behind 9/11' thing comes to mind...
And then there was that time when Cheny shot somebody with a shotgun. ^.^
Oh, and the scandal of the anti-gay-marriage republicans who were caught, well, being gay.

It really is amazing how you seem to believe that only one side of American politics is capable of propaganda...

well it's no surprise you're easily amazed, but I do not think only one side is capable of propaganda. I clearly said something very different, that the vast amount of baseless, fake scandals seriously launched through the media come from the right wing targeted at the Dems and progressives. You did not come up with even one good example of a baseless, fake scandal against the Repubs, that would help the Dems, that received serious consideration on TV networks and major news outlets. (I am not even saying they don't exist, but point is there aren't many if we can't even remember one.) About your lousy examples, the Dems kept far away from the 9/11 allegations, and given that the allegations were seen as kooky and anti-American, it would only have hurt the Dems to use such a thing. The scandal of anti-gay repubs being gay and Cheney's remarkable hunting accident surely do not fit the bill either -- both of these are sensational events of the type that the media eats up. Also, they are not baseless allegations or fake events, as in things that simply did not happen or are plainly untrue.

Here is another discussion of it

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/35290_The_Endless_Flood_of_Phony_Scandal-Gates/comments/#ctop